2012 Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is some evidence that the earth's magnetic poles have shifted in the past. If it were to happen again, it would be just as catastrophic as implied by this tidal wave. More devastating than the meteor strike that extinctified the dinosaurs.

I'm not saying that's what the movie is about, but it is another global event that would wipe out most species on the planet.

So yea, it could happen.

There is some evidence that the earth's magnetic poles have shifted in the past. If it were to happen again, it would be just as catastrophic as implied by this tidal wave. More devastating than the meteor strike that extinctified the dinosaurs.

I'm not saying that's what the movie is about, but it is another global event that would wipe out most species on the planet.

So yea, it could happen.

I curious as to how they would have evidence of that. Also, what would cause it?

That guy really likes to destroy the world. I hope this is better that 10,000BC.

YEAA !! all the movies he does is about the destruction of human kind.
Hes best movie is ID4

ID4.jpg

that trailer looks pretty sweet doh.
that wave looked real.

YEAA !! all the movies he does is about the destruction of human kind.
Hes best movie is ID4

that trailer looks pretty sweet doh.
that wave looked real.

Yea that wave did look pretty Legit don't know if it is possible for the sea levels could ever rise that High though :monkey1

I curious as to how they would have evidence of that. Also, what would cause it?

Excursions refer to those cases in the sedimentary and volcanic records where the geodynamo apparently failed to complete a geomagnetic field reversal and ended up backtracking. These large leaps in the field direction may have been produced by abnormal secular variations or may be “manifestations of unsuccessful, or aborted, reversal attempts” [1]. For our purposes, the explanation of the causes of an “excursion” or a complete reversal of the magnetic poles is essentially the same, differing only in the intensity of the causal factor -- the lesser intensity events occurring when the geomagnetic field does not quite complete a reversal.

Evidence of reversals in the geomagnetic field indicates 200 reversals over the last 178 million years. This includes a 35-million year hiatus during the Cretaceous period, and 33 reversals in the last 25 million years. Over the last 70 million years, “polarity reversals have been taking place at an increasing rate” [1]. In fact, there have been 9 major reversals in the past 3.6 million years (i.e. on average one every 400,000 years), with the most recent one, 730,000 years ago. Even more noteworthy is evidence of a looping excursion by the geomagnetic field some 28,000 years ago.

Yea that wave did look pretty Legit don't know if it is possible for the sea levels could ever rise that High though :monkey1

It's not really a rise in sea level, just a one time tidal wave. With enough force the entire ocean could be displaced into a gigantic wave.

Excursions refer to those cases in the sedimentary and volcanic records where the geodynamo apparently failed to complete a geomagnetic field reversal and ended up backtracking. These large leaps in the field direction may have been produced by abnormal secular variations or may be “manifestations of unsuccessful, or aborted, reversal attempts” [1]. For our purposes, the explanation of the causes of an “excursion” or a complete reversal of the magnetic poles is essentially the same, differing only in the intensity of the causal factor -- the lesser intensity events occurring when the geomagnetic field does not quite complete a reversal.

Evidence of reversals in the geomagnetic field indicates 200 reversals over the last 178 million years. This includes a 35-million year hiatus during the Cretaceous period, and 33 reversals in the last 25 million years. Over the last 70 million years, “polarity reversals have been taking place at an increasing rate” [1]. In fact, there have been 9 major reversals in the past 3.6 million years (i.e. on average one every 400,000 years), with the most recent one, 730,000 years ago. Even more noteworthy is evidence of a looping excursion by the geomagnetic field some 28,000 years ago.

The evidence of major variations in the geomagnetic field derives from sedimentary and volcanic lava records. These records provide the timing and location of the magnetic pole from the angle of dip and the horizontal orientation of magnetite material in the sediments and lava flows. Unfortunately, sedimentary records are limited in that they tell us more about the pre- and post-geomagnetic records than about the actual reversal process itself. Lava records, on the other hand, being laid down in a matter of days (instead of thousands of years in the case of sediments) provide much more detail in the description of events in a geomagnetic pole reversal.

It has been assumed by paleomagnetists that geomagnetic pole reversals do not occur instantaneously from one polarity state to the other, but occur over a period that typically spans a few thousand years [1]. However, evidence from lava flows indicate rapid shifts, perhaps taking only a few years [1], OR “fast enough that it would virtually be possible to watch a compass needle move” [3]. Data from the Steens Mountain lava beds in southeastern Oregon , for example, indicate that the geomagnetic poles were moving between 3 degrees and 8 degrees per day! [3, 4, 5, 6].

It's not really a rise in sea level, just a one time tidal wave. With enough force the entire ocean could be displaced into a gigantic wave.

Just remember, if the world is going to end in 2012, it will happen at Midnight, Eastern Standard Time.:lol:lol:lol

wehastrouble.jpg

Yep I just watched the last episode of x-files and mulder just confirmed the year 2012. So if you got anything good you wanna sell start listing.....

Yep I just watched the last episode of x-files and mulder just confirmed the year 2012. So if you got anything good you wanna sell start listing.....

Everyone sell their old Predators to me, for cheap, before it's too late!!!! :D

Basically they can tell that the magnetic poles have shifted because of the magnetic axis of rock buried at certain times. It's been 730,000 years since the last shift and supposedly they've happened every 400,000 years before that. So we're overdue.

That same website talks about it happening in 2012 too.

Yes,I was just going to post something on pole shifts.We are overdue for another one.The poles are suppose to shift and flood the world when they do.Some think that the last great flood was caused by this great shifting of the poles.I'm pretty sure that's what this movie is about.

Basically they can tell that the magnetic poles have shifted because of the magnetic axis of rock buried at certain times. It's been 730,000 years since the last shift and supposedly they've happened every 400,000 years before that. So we're overdue.

That same website talks about it happening in 2012 too.

Yeah,the earth's crust is suppose to slide across the surface of the molten rock some many thousands of miles.

^^^^ing Lame point this movie is truing to make. What about the change and Shift in consciousness 2012 is also prophesied to bring? 2012 is not all doom and gloom, like some would have you believe. What about the change from the age from Pisces to Aquarius? The DNA change ETC ETC? ^^^^! Some people just don't get it. I suppose they do this to keep luring the ignorant away from the truth more and more.

(i'm not saying disasters couldn't occur but there a lot more to it)

oh well it's been a good run, i'll have my wife in one arm and my Hulk PF in the other with a smile on my face. :angelsmil

(no dirty comments allowed :) )

Back