2010 fifa world cup south africa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Spainish player pulling the arm off the Paraguay player should have been sent off. WTF.

In fairness Spain deserved to win. Should be a good game against Germany.

The Spainish player pulling the arm off the Paraguay player should have been sent off. WTF.

In fairness Spain deserved to win. Should be a good game against Germany.

Most likely true...and the goalie should have been shown a red for taking down Fabergas after Xavi's second PK attempt. The better team won and that's all that matters. Really sad to see Torres not playing 100 percent...that last knee surgery really messed him up.

Germany has just beaten one of their bitter rivals and a pre-tournament fav England 4-1 and a very fancied Argentina side 4-0, for a aggregate score of 8-1:rotfl That just silly. It’s never been done and most of these kids are below 25!!!

This game was dreadful, if Spain show up as this side against Germany it will be a massacre. They have struggled to beat two sides that although have impressive defensive abilities, couldn’t buy a goal in this tournament if their lives depended on it (except NK, but that doesn’t count). If David Villa doesn’t pounce on one of the few chances he gets, this team will lose against sides like Germany, or even the Swiss for that matter.

Now…
NEDERLAND VS GERMANY
Or
NEDERLAND VS SPAIN
:hi5:

YAY SPAIN!!!!!

And congrats Germany, great match, but... I surely hope you lose next :pray: :wave

Go Spain! Now kick that German team out!! ¡¡¡PODEMOS!!! :yess:
:clap :hi5:

I´m all for Nederland vs Spain! :D

Germany has just beaten one of their bitter rivals and a pre-tournament fav England 4-1 and a very fancied Argentina side 4-0, for a aggregate score of 8-1:rotfl That just silly. It’s never been done and most of these kids are below 25!!!

This game was dreadful, if Spain show up as this side against Germany it will be a massacre. They have struggled to beat two sides that although have impressive defensive abilities, couldn’t buy a goal in this tournament if their lives depended on it (except NK, but that doesn’t count). If David Villa doesn’t pounce on one of the few chances he gets, this team will lose against sides like Germany, or even the Swiss for that matter.

Now…
NEDERLAND VS GERMANY
Or
NEDERLAND VS SPAIN
:hi5:

I don't think Spain has played dreadful...they have just played with patience. For pretty much every game they've played they've had like 80% of possession. They play methodical football...they just don't launch longballs up the field and hope someone gets ahold of one. It's obvious that Torres hasn't recovered from his knee surgery. He shouldn't be starting..it's almost a waste of time with him playing. They need to start Fabergas in his place and do a 4-5-1 with villa up front and Fabergas and Ineista playing slightly behind him but still in the mid. I find it funny that everyone is defending Brazil saying they play beautiful football...handballs and stomping on shins is not beautiful to me. They looked like a scrub team..don't think Fabiano had one shot on goal vs Holland. And sick and tired of all their players and Dunga crying to the refs. Spain vs Holland would be a nice final for me. :thud:

He was not the last man, so no he should not have got sent off. Now Spain's penalty is a different story

He nearly pulled the arm off the player. So yes he did deserve to be given a red. He is also a useless defender who will be found out against better opposition.

Most likely true...and the goalie should have been shown a red for taking down Fabergas after Xavi's second PK attempt. The better team won and that's all that matters. Really sad to see Torres not playing 100 percent...that last knee surgery really messed him up.

Yep Spain should have had a second penalty. I also think the first penalty should have stood or at least apply the same rules to the Paraguay penalty. There was encroachment on that penalty too.

Hey now..I'm a Madrid fan til i die, but Pique is a good defender. Far from useless.

I think the Spanish have an excellent keeper and a great midfield and strikeforce but their defence is not great and Pique is not great. The penalty was very cynical. Better strikers will have a field day with him.

Spain are going to have to raise their game against Germany, which i am sure they will. Its a pity Torres is out of form. He is a great player.

I think the Spanish have an excellent keeper and a great midfield and strikeforce but their defence is not great and Pique is not great. The penalty was very cynical. Better strikers will have a field day with him.

Spain are going to have to raise their game against Germany, which i am sure they will. Its a pity Torres is out of form. He is a great player.

Spain's defense is pretty strong. I'd take Puyol, Pique and Sergio Ramos any day of the week. They have a strong line that plays well together..sometimes that matters more than athletic ability. Puyol shut down everyone that came near him this Cup. All of them are calm on the ball and very rarely make costly mistakes. Again, I'm a Madrid fan and I'm praising 2 Barca defenders...that doesn't come lightly.

According to the Telegraph Uk, they have completed 87% of passes, only had 3 yellows, allowed only 2 goals so far and only lost 19 tackles in the entire tournament. Pretty strong numbers.

Paraguy had a few great chances to score. A better strikeforce would have scored at least two goals. There was a great save by the Spanish keeper to maintain the 1-0 advantage.

Well....I have to say that today has been a meh day.
I'm very disappointed that Argentina loss....but on the other hand those Germans seem to be unstoppable.

I'm still rooting for The Netherlands! But honestly I don't think anyone can beat Deutchlands defense. But we shall see. I'll keep my Oranje spirit high.

Damn Germany looked great today. Gotta like them going forward but i'll be pulling for the Dutch.

I'll likely pull for the Dutch in the Finals, but I really want both them and Germany to get there. They've been my 2 teams since the USA was eliminated.

Besides, Spain vs Uruguay would make for an interesting Consolation Match, too.

Goal also looked offside.

Really? Who do you think was offside?

Yes Klose was slightly offside as the final pass still went slightly forward.

I'm hoping for a Holland v Spain final.
:yess:

Really sad to see Torres not playing 100 percent...that last knee surgery really messed him up.

It is and it did as he is at least a pace behind his usual but hopefully he can pull something out when it matters.

Both games in a nutshell IMHO especially for those jumping on the Germany bandwagon.:)

Paraguay did what Argentina failed to do and that was push as far up the park as possible which made finding space extremely difficult for Spain. Germany likes to open up and create space and attack which will also suit Spain down to the ground so should be an awesome match as long as the officials keep out of it.

Basically Spain are more than capable of beating Germany and vice versa it will just come down to how they play on the day. Spain will have to improve a bit but thats a good quality to have when your not playing at your best but still managing to find a way to win. Anything can happen and thats one of the main reasons why i love the beautiful game.

Just my two cents.;)

Still hoping for a Holland v Spain final.

Last edited:
Now we have a 50-50 chance of a new member to WC winners. On paper Uruguay seems to be the most unlikely winner, I am rooting for Uruguay for they are the special nation that won the first WC.:)

i just lost money over the weekend betting on two favourites, brazil and argentina. managed to make a 100 back on spain though...

but i'm glad to see the young germans advance. that was some thrashing they shelled out on poor messi and gang! even without ballack they've proven to be a very formidable team. too bad mueller won't be playing the next match.

Back