2010 fifa world cup south africa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i cant believe i'll miss the kick off later. kick off starts 30 mins before my shift begins.:gah:

Germany vs. Netherlands. make it happen.:pray:

I am all set to stay up for the match tonight, it starts my local time 2:30am.

Two teams with WC history, hope to be a good game. I have a feeling Uruguay might take a cautious approach and might turn into their defensive mood for most of the game.

The Dutch will beat Uruguay. The way Uruguay played against Ghana was less than impressive, and the Dutch are in great form. The only way I see Uruguay winning is from a set piece. Otherwise, it will be a comfortable win for the Dutch. I don't think I'll watch the match, since it starts at 4:30am here. If for some reason I get up (feeling a little ill, might not sleep), then I will.

I still can't believe Arjen Robben is only 26....he looks like he could at least be 44. Must be a stressful guy. :monkey1

I still can't believe Arjen Robben is only 26....he looks like he could at least be 44. Must be a stressful guy. :monkey1

:lecture I had the exact same thought when I read his Wikipedia page once. The head-shaved look the Dutch are into does not help either.

Mark von Bommel is the only top Oranje player who I think is really cute. Some of the younger guys whose name I do not know yet look good though.

I'm off to a pub to watch this with other Dutch supporters. Daag!

:lecture I had the exact same thought when I read his Wikipedia page once. The head-shaved look the Dutch are into does not help either.

Mark von Bommel is the only top Oranje player who I think is really cute. Some of the younger guys whose name I do not know yet look good though.

I'm off to a pub to watch this with other Dutch supporters. Daag!

I like Van Der Vaart and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (altho he's a little weird looking....i think he's cute:monkey3)
Sneijder is cute too. :love

Modest Dutch "homeless" after semi-final

CAPE TOWN (Reuters) – FIFA is hunting for a hotel for the Netherlands World Cup squad after the modest Dutch failed to book rooms so deep in the tournament.

The Dutch Football Association (KNVB) only made reservations in Johannesburg's Sandton Hilton hotel up until July 5 -- and their home from home is now fully booked.

Netherlands take on Uruguay later on Tuesday in Cape Town in the first semi-final and, if successful, will look to return to Johannesburg.

While world soccer's governing body FIFA accommodates all teams the night before and after a match, teams must make their own arrangements for the other nights.

The KNVB confirmed they must leave the Sandton Hilton as it is fully booked for the rest of the tournament.

"It is not the case that we will be homeless after the semi final," an optimistic spokeswoman Martine Bruggink told Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad. "FIFA is searching for another accommodation."

If the Dutch beat Uruguay they will feature in Sunday's final in Johannesburg's Soccer City. Otherwise they will play in the third and fourth place play-off on Saturday in Port Elizabeth.

Modest Dutch "homeless" after semi-final

CAPE TOWN (Reuters) – FIFA is hunting for a hotel for the Netherlands World Cup squad after the modest Dutch failed to book rooms so deep in the tournament.

The Dutch Football Association (KNVB) only made reservations in Johannesburg's Sandton Hilton hotel up until July 5 -- and their home from home is now fully booked.

Netherlands take on Uruguay later on Tuesday in Cape Town in the first semi-final and, if successful, will look to return to Johannesburg.

While world soccer's governing body FIFA accommodates all teams the night before and after a match, teams must make their own arrangements for the other nights.

The KNVB confirmed they must leave the Sandton Hilton as it is fully booked for the rest of the tournament.

"It is not the case that we will be homeless after the semi final," an optimistic spokeswoman Martine Bruggink told Dutch newspaper NRC Handelsblad. "FIFA is searching for another accommodation."

If the Dutch beat Uruguay they will feature in Sunday's final in Johannesburg's Soccer City. Otherwise they will play in the third and fourth place play-off on Saturday in Port Elizabeth.

Awww....how cute! I want them to win even more now! :)

I'm so happy for there first goal. :yess:

Back