2010 fifa world cup south africa

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puay

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tomorrow is the final draw, catch it here:

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/finaldraw/index.html

My wish is for England to be drawn with USA, Cote D'Ivoire and France.:p

Procedure for the final draw:

• Pot 1 Seeded teams (South Africa, Brazil, Spain, the Netherlands, Italy, Germany, Argentina, England)

• Pot 2 will be composed of teams from Asia (Australia, Japan, Korea DPR, Korea Republic), North, Central America and the Caribbean (Honduras, Mexico, USA) and Oceania (New Zealand)

• Pot 3 will include teams from Africa (Algeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria) and South America (Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay)

• Pot 4 will have the remaining European teams (Denmark, France, Greece, Portugal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Switzerland)

• hosts South Africa will be automatically positioned as A1; the other seeded teams will be drawn into the other groups B-H, but will always be in position “1” of their group

• groups will be drawn from A to H and the positions in the group will be drawn for Pots 2 to 4

• geographical criteria will also be respected, meaning that no two teams from the same confederation will be drawn in the same group (except European teams, where a maximum of two will be in a group). For example, South Africa cannot play the African teams from Pot 3 and Argentina and Brazil cannot be drawn against the three remaining South American teams.

Last edited:
France meeting England could be a strong possibility seeing as France are not seeded.

I just hope they don't get Spain or Russia until the semis (If any of them make it that far).

I hope we do get France and kick Henry in the balls the cheating git!

Yeah, I agree.
What I don't understand about that, is Henry does not need to cheat.
He's a first class player, and he showed that agaisnt Xerez yesterday.

Fully agree with you it was probably just a moment of desperation on his part but i just feel sorry for Ireland not getting their chance at the WC.

Me too. And FIFA have made it clear that France cheated by not seeding them.
The match should have been replayed

That's for damn sure but isn't going to happen! I'd have loved to see what would have happened had it been Ireland that cheated?

Since when has Australia been part of Asia? :confused:

FIXED! :D

Here is why
After decades of yearning for a change of scenery, Australia finally had their wish granted when they joined the Asian Football Confederation in 2005. This proved a win-win move for both sides; while the Socceroos have breathed fresh air into Asian football, they have made the best of their new status as an AFC member by grabbing one of the continent's four automatic qualifying spots at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa.

I'm glad that Australia became part of the Asian Federation. It now allows us to play against better opponents more regularly, which is better practice for us, instead of playing weaker teams such as Fiji, Solomon Islands, etc.

I'm glad that Australia became part of the Asian Federation. It now allows us to play against better opponents more regularly, which is better practice for us, instead of playing weaker teams such as Fiji, Solomon Islands, England etc.

You missed one so fixed! :lol ;)

I'm glad that Australia became part of the Asian Federation. It now allows us to play against better opponents more regularly, which is better practice for us, instead of playing weaker teams such as Fiji, Solomon Islands, etc.

So true, NZ can suck it! :D

AHHHH YES! :chew:chew:chew

Hoping somebody would start this thread......not many soccer fans here in the USA. This will be my second favorite thread on this board after the NFL Thread.

There are three sporting events I'm looking forward to next year. World Cup, Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather fight, and the Minnesota Vikings in the Super Bowl.:D

Man, just can't wait for the World Cup Draw this Friday. My teams are USA, England, Cameroon, and the Nigeria Super Eagles.

England has a real chance this time for their first title since 1966. So many great players assembled on this team.

USA sadly, probably won't make it out of the first round...................AGAIN!:lol The most difficult draw for the U.S. might be top-ranked Spain, No. 5 Portugal and No. 11 Cameroon. Or perhaps No. 2 Brazil, No. 7 France and No. 16 Ivory Coast.(LOL...no chance):rolleyes:.....:lol

..........Not to be confused with the easiest draw of No. 86 South Africa, No. 34 Slovakia and No. 30 Paraguay.(LOL...no chance):rotfl

Last edited:
I hope we do get France and kick Henry in the balls the cheating git!

Me too. And FIFA have made it clear that France cheated by not seeding them.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: C'mon people, have you been paying attention to FIFA?:banghead The Governing body of FIFA is compiled of Gutless Pigs! These clowns are going after Henry? Really!:confused: They should be going after the referees for missing the call. They've buried their collective heads in the sand and decide to go after the player and not the refs! FIFA should have implemented a replay system years ago to review controversial goals. But instead these cowards took the easy way out and go after the player instead of their own system of over matched refs. Pathetic!:duh:duh:monkey4:monkey4

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: C'mon people, have you been paying attention to FIFA?:banghead The Governing body of FIFA is compiled of Gutless Pigs! These clowns are going after Henry? Really!:confused: They should be going after the referees for missing the call. They've buried their collective heads in the sand and decide to go after the player and not the refs! FIFA should have implemented a replay system years ago to review controversial goals. But instead these cowards took the easy way out and go after the player instead of their own system of over matched refs. Pathetic!:duh:duh:monkey4:monkey4

Oh don't get me wrong i agree with you but he's the one that cheated and i think he deserves a kick in the balls no matter what Fifa do or don't do. :D

Back