2005 "I won..." Spooktacular Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dusty any word on international shipping
I emailed customer service but don't expect a fast

Dusty will the other announcements be for items instock? Love the look of the SSE Phantom but if the other ones are for instock items Im going to have wait and see if I should get him.

Since you asked so nicely - you should be fine if you want to order Phantom - it will be the only ready-to-ship item posted. I apologize that his announcement caused panic, it was not our intention - we just thought people would be excited that they don't have to wait 6 months for him ;) :duff

Don't Panic!

SideshowDusty said:
Since you asked so nicely - you should be fine if you want to order Phantom - it will be the only ready-to-ship item posted. I apologize that his announcement caused panic, it was not our intention - we just thought people would be excited that they don't have to wait 6 months for him ;) :duff

Oh I'm excited alright, just trying to figure out how to pay for him! :sick :banghead

Thank you Dusty!!!! It is kind of cool to have him ready to go and all just wanted to make sure there was'nt another one around the corner (The Creature for instance!!)
Thanks again!!!

pumpkin2005120x1205ip.gif

:D

Psycho Cenobite :horror

On the Sideshow website you look for banners that tell you the special for
the next couple of hours. Plus on the Spooktacular page it tells you about
the shipping specials and other contests

dr2red said:
On the Sideshow website you look for banners that tell you the special for
the next couple of hours. Plus on the Spooktacular page it tells you about
the shipping specials and other contests
Thanks for the info! :D I'll see what I can find. :google

If you find the current banner and it takes you to Oz don't be fooled by
the page. If you click on purchase it shows you that you get OZ for regular
price and willow for half price.

Updates on shipping specials:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=spooktacular05shipping

Discounted shipping does apply to free items and bundled items and will be manually adjusted at the time of shipping.

All discounted specials will be manually adjusted prior to shipping and will not be reflected at check out. These shipping specials apply to all free items or bundle specials within the offer limitations.

Hope this answers some questions! Anything in more detail is going to have to be addressed through the customer service form - thanks!

SPOOK01 Winner Announced!

The winner has been picked for the Frankenstein quiz! They didn't give the answer, so what did everyone else get? My answer was 43 since Karloff was born on November 23rd, 1887 but the movie opened in theathers on November 21st, 1931, two days before his 44th birthday. I also found sources that stated the "premier" occured on November 4th, 1931, which was 19 days earlier. :confused:

I am so stupid. i guessed 44 not takening into account actual dates from his
birthday to the premiere

I just want to thank everyone who is posting the Spooky Specials on this thread. I'm not currently in the chat room so it's nice to see what's going on w/Spooktacular...especially the specials that Sideshow is offering.

Thanks.

43 was the correct answer. The US premiere was the first premiere, and it happened on November 21st, 1931. Karloff was born on November 23rd, 1887, making him 43 at the time of the premiere.

According to https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=378 , sideshow says that the answer was 44? I'm confused here. Any chance that the contest could be fixed, and I could be awarded the frankenstein statue? :)

BTW, I got my dates from IMDB. Also, Turner Classic Movies states that the movie premiered in Santa Barbara, CA, NOT Manhattan, NYC. TCM doesn't specify the date though.

Last edited:
Back