1st or 2nd Proto Michael Jackson thriller head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one of the 2 do you prefer?

• Normal

Votes: 139 71.6%
  • Smiling

Votes: 55 28.4%

• Total voters
If Hot Toys really wants to please all their customers they could just give us all three heads.

Anyway, in the video he was smiling (Showing teeth) not grinning.

They should make two sculpts: serious and open smile.

Everybody should let hot toys know on their facebook page or link them to this thread

I sent wookster a pm asking if he could send HT a link to this Thread as i feel like im being ignored when HT never answers my emails.

Link me to their facebook page please,ive searched for it but i get more than just one.have you posted a link on their page allready?

Well the original proto non-smile sculpt is a little too "emotionless" in my opinion so the new sculpt is a great improvement to me and is more versatile than a straight face. When I think of Thriller I remember him smiling not staring seriously.

Well the original proto non-smile sculpt is a little too "emotionless" in my opinion so the new sculpt is a great improvement to me and is more versatile than a straight face. When I think of Thriller I remember him smiling not staring seriously.

What is the deal here? Smiling one is superior folks. And he smiles a lot in the video. We already have a serious and intense looking Michael with the Billy Jean.

I voted 'normal'

The smiling is good if you want to create an album cover.. or *maybe* the bit where he's singing to the girl as they walk.

But for the 'dancing with the zombies about to sing " ..'cause this is THRILLERRRR" ...look, it has to be the first one :)

Totally agree. HT should go back to the Original for this simple business reason.

Twice as many potential Buyers prefer it. On this poll anyway. I doubt others would differ all that much.

If they use the smiley sculpt I'll pass and wait for the DX. I may just wait for the DX anyway... :D

I think the reason for the change from "serious" to "friendly" it's because fans of his (non 1/6 collectors) would wanna own "MJ", not specifically Thriller MJ. Hot Toys is being smart here!

Plus MJ was a kind and friendly person. It makes perfect sense to portray him in that expression anyway.

If you wanna pose him dancing, you do have a zombie head to pose isn't it?

I think the reason for the change from "serious" to "friendly" it's because fans of his (non 1/6 collectors) would wanna own "MJ", not specifically Thriller MJ. Hot Toys is being smart here!

I think that's exactly what they're doing. Since his death they're turning this into a 'memorial' figure of sorts... so giving him a smiling face that the fans can go all googly about and feel nice about seems to make sense. To make them feel like 'that nice Michael Jackson' isnt really dead and is smiling down on them.. or something

anyway.... I still preferred teh version that looked more like this...

ap_jackson_thriller_405.jpg

Yes, the smiling face was a direct reaction to his passing, it probably did not exist until afterward. This is an example of an outside event interfering with a final product. The original head was screen accurate but they let emotions get involved. I agree its a smart move, its very cute and when 'MJ Fans' see it they'll be all over it. This was meant for collectors who want it to represent a specific music video and attitude not just the musician.

I guess Hot Toys could leave it as is but also offer the original head to the collectors through their website or something. Since the MJ fans probably couldn't figure it out or bother going to their website.

I think that's exactly what they're doing. Since his death they're turning this into a 'memorial' figure of sorts... so giving him a smiling face that the fans can go all googly about and feel nice about seems to make sense.

Agreed.

anyway.... I still preferred teh version that looked more like this...

ap_jackson_thriller_405.jpg

..another HT resculpt job for you Darren! :)

Ummm... how about both.

Give use 2 MJ Heads and 1 Zombie MJ. I mean it's Michael Jacksons for @#$! Sakes! He deserves an Ultimate Figure!

!!!!! NORMAL HEAD !!!!!

Pleaseeeeeeeee Hot Toys keep the older. In the spanish Mj forum all prefer the old one.

Back