1st or 2nd Proto Michael Jackson thriller head?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one of the 2 do you prefer?

• Normal

Votes: 139 71.6%
  • Smiling

Votes: 55 28.4%

• Total voters
For a rediculously over priced figure we should atleast get this look as well..
thriller.jpg

Smiling head looks off because there is a hint of Asian likeness in there somewhere...i can't explain it...if they added more eyeliner to the smiling head it would look better lol.

I just thought of something...
Didn't the original ad said available on Japan only?...
What if the new sculpt is the international version and the other one is a Japanese exclusive??... :horror!!
That would suck balls though...

He looks like that while eating popcorn though...
Maybe if they added yellow eyes!!

63.gif

Popcorn? There was no popcorn in the street dance scene... the Iconic Scene from the Short. The Smile sculpt is inappropriate here.

Second one with smile, looks more like him. We get two entirely different looks this way. Remember, we already have a serious intense look for the Billy Jean.

Hot Toys, keep what you have. It's awesome!

Second one with smile, looks more like him. We get two entirely different looks this way. Remember, we already have a serious intense look for the Billy Jean.

Hot Toys, keep what you have. It's awesome!

Makes no sense to pose a smiling face Thriller fig in a street dance pose when he didn't smile. It's just wrong for the moment.

Makes no sense to pose a smiling face Thriller fig in a street dance pose when he didn't smile. It's just wrong for the moment.

He was smiling for the most part along the street from the Movie Theater to the Cemetery...
I agree the serious face looks better, but he did smile quite a bit in the video...

Still for the price, he should have came with a base,a few tombstones on it and arms busting out of the ground, maybe throw in a scaled bag of popcorn lol.

He was smiling for the most part along the street from the Movie Theater to the Cemetery...
I agree the serious face looks better, but he did smile quite a bit in the video...

Wasn't part of the street dance Scene. Most will want to pose him in a dance pose. Arms up, out, whatever. Not walking with Ola... it just doesn't work here, the smiling sculpt is more appropriate for a "Rock with You" expression or something like that...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1kNP3jogfek&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1kNP3jogfek&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Like I said in the other thread. For the vast majority of the video before he turns into a zombie he was smirking so it makes much more sense to have it with the smirk, especially since the majority of his dancing was done as a zombie and can be posed dancing with that head. The smirk face also is much more accurate to the cover of the album, so I'm happy for the change.

Like I said in the other thread. For the vast majority of the video before he turns into a zombie he was smirking so it makes much more sense to have it with the smirk, especially since the majority of his dancing was done as a zombie and can be posed dancing with that head. The smirk face also is much more accurate to the cover of the album, so I'm happy for the change.

Thank you and this looks more like Jackson from that time and era. Please Hot Toys keep the 2nd sculpt and paint apps. Like this Jackson more.

Back