15 Day notice for Illum Padme!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is how freedom dies... with thundrous applause.

Seriously, it becomes really tiresome when the same people are continually belittling things that others happen to like. Dissenting opinions are welcome, but "caca" "crap" and "it sucks" are not.

No, but its pointless don't you think to be in a thread talking about how much you don't want this when others are talking about how they DO want it.

I could use your argument to say isn't it pointless talking in a thread about how much you want it when others are talking about how much they DON'T want it ? :emperor

Equally valid point of view.

That said I will get it eventually - its just not a figure that is knocking my socks off - as it really has to compete with the like of Palpatine, Sidious, Old Ben and Bespin Luke and I'm afraid the shots so far just don't.

No, but its pointless don't you think to be in a thread talking about how much you don't want this when others are talking about how they DO want it.

I don't think that was Dave's point Josh. He wasn't saying you should only comment on a figure if you like it. He was saying why comment on a figure from a line you have no interest in at all. (ie shai thinks Marvel>dog poo>SW).

edit: just read Dave's response. He was also referring to the hit and run style of posting ala Collector Freak.

Well, I was obviously just joking with that line. Didn't mean to stir up a hornet's nest. :monkey4

Ahh come on guys...I think Sideshow mess big time for this figure....I'm one of the few honest people here.When its good, its good.I hope I still have the freedom to say I dont like it and it feels like caca.Peace Star wars gee..hmm..fans.:monkey3

Last edited:
As has been stated (many times) it's probably not going to be the most successful character interpretation in the SW line. It probably won't be the most successful Padme interpretation or even in the top 3 Padmes. But it is a bit different and people did vote for it.

Now there's a surprise. :emperor

:rolleyes:

Isn't that the whole point of this place?

Yes, but not in the style some want to talk against things.

Seriously, it becomes really tiresome when the same people are continually belittling things that others happen to like. Dissenting opinions are welcome, but "caca" "crap" and "it sucks" are not.

My point exactly.

I could use your argument to say isn't it pointless talking in a thread about how much you want it when others are talking about how much they DON'T want it ? :emperor

Who is gonna start a thread talking about how much they don't want something? Then who really is gonna go into it and talk about what they like when they know everyone isn't doing that?

I don't think that was Dave's point Josh. He wasn't saying you should only comment on a figure if you like it. He was saying why comment on a figure from a line you have no interest in at all. (ie shai thinks Marvel>dog poo>SW).

edit: just read Dave's response. He was also referring to the hit and run style of posting ala Collector Freak.

You missed my point then Pix. I saying virtually the same thing Dave did. Just not as clearly I suppose.

I don't like it and I am not getting it! Why, you ask, am I posting this, because Darklord Dave said not to!:D

braveheart.jpg

I wish I had the extra cash for it. I think the sculpt is great and I think it would be great to see some shots of it ala Jedibear in the snow. I'd like to make a backdrop with her and the droids and I'd like to make one of those funky spider droids to pose with her.
Hopefully I will be able to get her down the line.

Also I think its really naive to assume SSC will not make more figures based on canon characters from the CW cartoon. How many people have voted for CW Obi Wan. I'll bet a PPO that if they make Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead) they will make a Roronn Corobb. Eventually they will do a Jedi version of Saesee Tinn and they will likely have a CW General version of him as well. What about the other Ki Adi Mundi type character, Tarr Seirr.

Maybe. But they may also keep it in the style of the cartoon rather than go this route again. Anyway, that's a ways off yet. They'd probably fair better doing dios for the cartoon and keeping the source accurate to the medium.

I don't think they have to keep CW or other cartoon based figures in cartoon style totally. I think the oddity of Padme is that the costume is just seems almost too simple in a "real world" style, not good or bad, just hard to fathom seeing a practical outfit like it ever exist. Somehow, the AOTC arena outfit, while very similar, doesn't feel SO unusual. If they did a CW General Kenobi with an Ewan head, that'd be a sweet looking figure, even without the Clone Armor. Even Padme's other CW outfits were more intricate and could translate pretty easily into a real world look like her PT costumes.

OK guys, maybe you'll get your CW wishes. I haven't seen much indication that way...but then again I haven't seen much indication of Vader or troops.

Personally, I'd rather SS concentrates on film versions of the characters for their 1/6th line. They still have A LOT to cover before the new cartoon and live show airs.

And just so you know, I still have Padme on order at the moment. Still teetering on a decision. But this conversation has been very helpful.

Oh I'm with you Wor-Gar, Hasbro can handle figures based on CW, I'd rather see Sideshow's talents concentrated on the movies, that's my first love and like everyone, I've got a list of figures I'd like to see that'd probably take us through another 3-5 years of this line, going by it's current pace.

Back