15 Day notice for Illum Padme!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That doll is a ****** fiasco.:monkey1

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure it will be fine...it's just been such a fiasco I doubt SS will ever make another 'cartoon' version character so she really has no place on my shelf.

Asajj came out just fine so I'd disagree with you on that.

I agree, I think this will be worse than Yavin Luke, I hope it's not too much longer before we see a Movie version of Padme.

Asajj came out just fine so I'd disagree with you on that.

That's true, and I forgot about her.

But she had no real-life counterpart. What I meant is that it's doubtful SS will do another real-life figure based on the cartoon, not after the never-ending development of Padme. Not any time soon anyway. I'm sure the development costs on Padme to get approval dipped deeply into the profits they'll get back from the sales.

I dunno. I can see SS doing a Clone Wars 3-D 1:6 fig or two down the line.

Maybe. But they may also keep it in the style of the cartoon rather than go this route again. Anyway, that's a ways off yet. They'd probably fair better doing dios for the cartoon and keeping the source accurate to the medium.

Yeah, I really would rather see them spending their 1:6 R&D money on "real" characters.

I LOVED the cartoon. I only voted for this thing because I assumed it would look like the cartoon, and not a quazi cartoon movie hybrid. I felt it was a bit of bait and switch when I saw the results. I feel like I have to apologize to everyone because of this thing for voting for it.:eek:

That's true, and I forgot about her.

But she had no real-life counterpart. What I meant is that it's doubtful SS will do another real-life figure based on the cartoon, not after the never-ending development of Padme. Not any time soon anyway. I'm sure the development costs on Padme to get approval dipped deeply into the profits they'll get back from the sales.

I think if the figure can be pulled off they'll do it. I don't think this will scare them any way shape or form from doing another.

This figure looks horrible, I am surprised she won the fan vote. Which I still believe to this day was rigged big time.

I'm looking forward to it. The sculpt is fantastic and it's an interesting version of the character.

If you don't like - you don't need to be posting in this thread, now do you?

That poll really came back to bite Sideshow in the ass. It's obvious they expected Asajj to win since they had her ready to go so much sooner. I doubt they would've ever made an Illum Padme at all if not for being bound by that poll.

I'm looking forward to it. The sculpt is fantastic and it's an interesting version of the character.

I would suggest that those that haven't ordered it and think it isn't to their tastes could perhaps SHUT THE **** UP.

I think he was looking at Shai when he wrote that. :lecture

Just cancelled. Being in Australia I can buy it local anyway. I reckon in the June sales here it will be heavily discounted and I'll pick it up then. Hard to justify the $A50 shipping it would cost me for this particular figure.

That said - I should have a good star wars fix shortly with the Palpatine/Sidous 2 pack just passing Honolulu and hopefully my Hurricane modified ESB and ROTJ Luke's following shortly.

Back