13" Batman Figure From D.C. Direct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great pic, but I think Batman would take Wolvie. Anyway, this isn't about that, I need to get me one, but not for $75 bucks, anyone know a good online dealer with a good price?

Cornerstorecomics is $56.
Amazing Toyz is $55.
and Fireside has him at $56 too.

Not sure who has the best shipping though.

Michael Crawford said:
Cornerstorecomics is $56.
Amazing Toyz is $55.
and Fireside has him at $56 too.

Not sure who has the best shipping though.

Sounds like a review may be coming soon!

I got mine from CornerStoreComics and just got him in the mail today. He shipped Thursday and got here by Saturday, I've had nothing but praise for CornerStore. I've got everyone of the 13" DC figures pre-ordered through them.

This may be the best 13" figure they've released so far, it's a close call between him and Green Lantern. I'll be posting some pics later tonight after I get back home.

Mine came today too. Review going up tomorrow night.

I'm was not a big fan of these early on. However, this is a much better figure than some of the past releases. He's still not a $60 figure, but if he were $50 or less, he'd be damn near perfect.

Oh, and if they fix those damn wrists.

Michael
MWC

Michael Crawford said:

I'm was not a big fan of these early on. However, this is a much better figure than some of the past releases. He's still not a $60 figure, but if he were $50 or less, he'd be damn near perfect.

Michael
MWC
I guess it's good I got mine for $45. :lol

I'm looking forward to your review, MC.

Michael Crawford said:

Michael
MWC
I completely agree with the wrist comment, I think they need to work on those cut biceps and thighs too. The tight costumes look great, but it makes the cut joints look like crap.

Finally time for some pics.

DC_Direct_Batman_004.JPG

After this little photo shoot and messing around with him, I have to say he's my favorite of the line so far. He's got a great looking head sculpt and nearly perfect expression for the character. The way they ran the cape up into the head makes it look as though the cowl and cape are one piece as it should. Surprisingly it doesn't really hurt the head articulation that much, he's got a much greater range of motion than the Luthor figure.

The drawbacks are of course the wrists don't have nearly enough range of motion. I have no problem with the short pegs though, my hands stay on just fine. The cut biceps and thighs look bad with the tight fitting costume and I really wish they'd go with the double ball joints. I also do not like DC Direct's stands, they look cheap and the thick black rings that hold the figure are WAY too big. Not too big to hold the figures, too big as in you can notice the stand from a mile away. The last thing I have to gripe about is the lack of accessories. He does come with 4 batarangs, but 2 of them are horrible and the other two are just ok. For the money I think they should have thrown in some smoke pellets, a grappling gun, batcuffs, and some opening pouches on the belt to house them in.

With all that said I really do like this figure alot. I'm a huge Batman fan and was hugely disappointed by DC Direct's Batman Begins figure, this Batman blows the other out of the water despite it's short comings. This really is a great figure, but for the price it just feels like it's missing a little something in the accessory department.

Click the link for more pics.
https://home.comcast.net/~rockabilly01/HOME.HTML

GUess he doesnt photograph so well, because he's far more impressive in person than the pics so far (not saying they arent good pics!:D )
Rockabilly, love the last pic with all three together. Great pose on Batman

DC_Direct_Batman_010.JPG

Last edited:
For some reason none of the DC Direct guys seem to photograph well, they all look better in person.

Rockabilly said:
For some reason none of the DC Direct guys seem to photograph well, they all look better in person.

Hal and Bruce look ok. I think they look more or less the same in pictures as they do in person. Except for that first Superman. He looks just as bad in person as he does in pictures. He actually looks worse in person if that's possible.

:crying

Whenever the second Superman comes out I plan on sticking the first in his Clark attire and leaving him that way. Hopefully the second one will fix all the problems the first one had.

Michael Crawford said:

Michael
MWC

Why do you always harp on price? You ruin so many of your reviews by complaining on the price of things. Seriously are you a novice at collecting high-end toys?

"Had this figure been less than $75 tops, he could have grabbed the elusive four stars." -thats what you said about the medicom black suit Spider-Man. It just pushes the steroetype the US collectors are cheap.

Rhodes said:
Why do you always harp on price? You ruin so many of your reviews by complaining on the price of things. Seriously are you a novice at collecting high-end toys?

"Had this figure been less than $75 tops, he could have grabbed the elusive four stars." -thats what you said about the medicom black suit Spider-Man. It just pushes the steroetype the US collectors are cheap.
I agree with him. It's a very simplistic figure for such a high price tag, especially when you compare it to other, more complex Medicom offerings in that price range like the Rocketeer or Jack Sparrow.

Rhodes said:
Hal and Bruce look ok. I think they look more or less the same in pictures as they do in person. Except for that first Superman. He looks just as bad in person as he does in pictures. He actually looks worse in person if that's possible.

:crying

hahahah this would have made me spit out my drink, if I was drinking something... ahhaha!! DCD is in a league of it's own.. literally... but I geuss if they feel that they need to make their figures bigger... then it can't be helped.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I agree with him. It's a very simplistic figure for such a high price tag, especially when you compare it to other, more complex Medicom offerings in that price range like the Rocketeer or Jack Sparrow.

The black costume one is limited and has a more unique body than the standard Medicom one (it's a mail-away version). His line about a 75 dollar medicom is just simply not knowing Medicom. No way ANY medicom could be 75 bucks unless it's being dumped by some online outlet. He says it's paying for a brand name. What's included with that brand name is quality -the clothing, body types -it really is high-end (Those new Triad Bodies are incredible. I expect a lot from them in the future). I've been collecting Medicoms for years and honestly Medicoms these days are cheap by comparisons to what they were 5-6 years ago where they were at least 200 pop -I'm not new to the game of toy collecting.

I could only imagine what he'd say if he'd reviewd the Fewture Getter (which is 300 dollars). "Oh this thing should only have been worth 125."

I respect the guy but its that price harping thing that just annoys me. The price is what it is -buy it or don't buy it.

snakebeater said:
hahahah this would have made me spit out my drink, if I was drinking something... ahhaha!! DCD is in a league of it's own.. literally... but I geuss if they feel that they need to make their figures bigger... then it can't be helped.

Hey it's just an awful figure. The new head-scuplt makes it look much much better but all it is to me in the end is the best turd polishing I've ever seen.

6173_a_full.jpg

Batman and Hal look much better yet Superman looks terrible. Hal is my number one hero but I do like Superman. It would be great if Medicom made a DC Superhero's line. Oh well, one can dream.

Michael's reviews are first and foremost TOY reviews. Toy collectors have a different mindset than high-end collectibles collectors. Value is an important part of that and whether Medicom has EVER put out a $75 figure is irrelevant - it's being compared to other 1/6 figures.

Superman is top favorite of mine and DCD's first Supes looks great - I actually prefer it over the upcoming Modern version. Everyone has their own opinions though although some are better at expressing their differences than others...:rolleyes:

Rhodes said:

Hmmm - I suppose you don't care what anything costs, and have no worries about what you're actually getting for your money. Consider yourself lucky. I'll continue to 'harp' on price, though, since most folks do care. But thanks for the helpful suggestion!

Back