13" Batman Figure From D.C. Direct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These things are huge, not even 1/6 scale really. But I have all of them released and they look good together. Can't wait for Shazam and Aquaman!

I've got all of 'em so far as well. They look good together, but are way too big to be displayed with any 12" figures. I'll be posting some pics as soon as I can get ahold of my figure. I was hoping for a Saturday delivery, but it didn't ship until today, so it probably won't be here until Monday.

Wonderful figure. I was in a comic shop and had a look at one, definately their best 12" figure yet. Just wonderful.

Can ya tell me what store that might be BD? I wouldn't mind having a look at one.

creecher said:
Can ya tell me what store that might be BD? I wouldn't mind having a look at one.

It's called Phantom Zone, I dont think they have anymore stores than that, but you should be able to find it at a comic store. I think it was priced at AU $120.:D Hope that helps.

Of course it helps BD. Thanks. $120 might be a bit steep. That it's here in Aus and in the shops is good to know. I'll be keeping my eye out. I don't much like the look of the pics, and the cut biceps and thighs are obnoxious. I'm in for a Flash for certain and probably Aquaman, in due course. Cheers mate.

Amazing? Fantastic? And this is the same board where people complain that a licensed 12" movie figure from sideshow with a complex outfit, accessories, and better articulation is overpriced at $50?

I don't have mine yet - he should be here tomorrow though, so I'm hoping for a Sunday night review. I'm hoping he won't be the huge disaster that the Batman Begins version was, but I already know that this is a figure that can't even come close to competing with other figures in the same price range and scale.

Michael Crawford said:
Amazing? Fantastic? And this is the same board where people complain that a licensed 12" movie figure from sideshow with a complex outfit, accessories, and better articulation is overpriced at $50?
Well, not all of us do that. :D

Ignore my thread highjaking............

BatWolvieCLR.jpg

Mine is due to arrive next Wednesday. I'm basically happy with this figure, esp. for the black and gray color scheme (modern age). I've already repainted 2 smaller BM figures that came in blue and gray, and it would be tough doing it (practically impossible for me) with the different materials on this figure's outfit.

My only qualms are:

1) The way DC Direct designed the hands, to disattach so easily to switch from fists to bendy fingered hands. This results in poor wrist articulation and reduced, "manual appreciation." Why couldn't they have used "standard" 12" wrist articulation?

2) Again with articulation, I don't like how these 13" figures cannot fully bend at the knees, as well as IMO the very limited range of motion of the torso.

3) How the pleather cape does not drape fully over the shoulders; I do recognize that the sectioned and scalloped features of Bat's cape is a challenge to reproduce in a larger scale (unlike Hot Toys' humungus but basically featureless BM Begins' cape). I may resort to having a cape customized for this new figure.

But what the heck, this large scale Batman has gone such a long way from the 12" Mego Batman (bright blue and gray with magnetic hands and feet) that I had as a kid, and I'm very grateful.

Darth Kustomizer said:
The new 13" Batman Figure From D.C. Direct arrives in store today. Retail on this figure is a whopping $69.99. Ouch!

It looks to be the best of the DC Direct 13" dolls. that's not saying much but it is a step in the right direction. Then again it's hard to screw-up Batman.

Rhodes said:
It looks to be the best of the DC Direct 13" dolls. that's not saying much but it is a step in the right direction. Then again it's hard to screw-up Batman.

I dunno, I'd still put Green Lanterm ahead of it (of those released so far).

warlock664 said:
I dunno, I'd still put Green Lanterm ahead of it (of those released so far).

I love Hal but his head makes him look too old.

Hey, what happened to the DCD TWO-FACE ? Thought it was due before Bats ?:confused:

Two face was pushed back three weeks, Batman was moved up a week, and that was after previous shuffles, so that in the end Batman hits two weeks before Two Face. He's currently scheduled for the 18th of this month.

Gosh!! Why can't didn't DC make these 1/6th scale? I want one but it wouldn't fit in anywhere!!!

Cheers,

Brad

Back