12" Qui-Gon!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just lobbed in on the last page. What is 'floating hair'? I think the explanation should be a sticky. Are you saying he should wear a wig? Maybe he could come with a seperate scalp. Would that satisfy this argument?

If he comes with 'in situ' hair, you will have to put up with it, or take the step and become a kit basher. Sideshow are going to try to do the best they can, you can be sure of that at least.

Who cares about the hair..... I want a Sith Lord !!!! PF or 12''!!!!!!

Shaihulud said:
Who cares about the hair..... I want a Sith Lord !!!! PF or 12''!!!!!!

Who cares about a Sith Lord..... I want a Geonosis Arena Padme or a Slave Leai PF! :naughty :D

So here's a good shot of the JEDI GANG we have so far:

View attachment 706

A lot of brown robes. OK, enough with the Jedi already. Sheesh.

Thank god the Sith aren't so uniform in their appearance. You'd think Jedi would stress individuality rather than conformity.

Migwit said:
You're wrong, Anakin, I DO remember his hair pulled back, and THAT'S how I remember him. Speak for yourself and yourself alone about how YOU remember things and leave it at that. :rolleyes:

,..hey sweet heart,..chill out,...calm down,..i could care less if u remember him with his hair on his back..., on his butt..., or whatever your memories brings u,... :D :monkey5

Wor-Gar said:
So here's a good shot of the JEDI GANG we have so far:

View attachment 706

A lot of brown robes. OK, enough with the Jedi already. Sheesh.

Thank god the Sith aren't so uniform in their appearance. You'd think Jedi would stress individuality rather than conformity.

Right. Since the Sith are all dressed entirely in black, they won't be so uniform in their appearance :rolleyes:

EVILFACE said:
Right. Since the Sith are all dressed entirely in black, they won't be so uniform in their appearance :rolleyes:

Well, you got me there, but I meant more in the style of their outfits. You know, each Darth had a much more unique look -- yes, black, but very different in their styles. The Jedi seem to all have the same look; the same tunic, the same belt and the same brown robe.

Wor-Gar said:
Well, you got me there, but I meant more in the style of their outfits. You know, each Darth had a much more unique look -- yes, black, but very different in their styles. The Jedi seem to all have the same look; the same tunic, the same belt and the same brown robe.

Well, to be fair, it's all the Jedi made SO FAR that all resemble one another. Aaylla, Shak Ti, Plo Koon, Ki Adi all have more distinctive looks. But I get you on them having a bit of uniformality.

Likeness: Still waiting for nicer pics, but it's going to be hard to match the GG Bust. That thing is awesome.

Exclusive: Got to be the poncho. I'll probably display him in that; it'll break up the uniformity of Jedi in their cloaks. (I think I'll head to eBay to pick up the Hasbro poncho, just in case.)

Selection: Yes, another Jedi, and I couldn't be happier. I expected a Jedi, and Qui-Gon was who I wanted. Thanks, SS. Yoda is the only important Jedi left, other than old Ben. (And though Obi is my favorite character, I'm content with my kit-bashed Hasbro Kenobi for now.)

Next: Maul makes sense as a companion piece for Qui-Gon, and I think he'll be very popular. But you can say the same about Vader for the ROTJ Luke, and he'd probably sell even more. I don't know if the Emperor would sell as well as those two, but I think we'll see him soon.

You guys are bitching about how similar all the Jedi's will look, but Luke and Anakin are both in black. Obi can be displayed without his robe, Kit's robe is reddish, and Mace's is brown. These pieces will look nothing alike once they are all together.

And I think you can throw away any thoughts of pieces being related. Maybe eventually but the first piece, Luke, has no one to be connected with. Only Anakin and Obi, but this is supposed to be when Anakin's a Jedi still.

I'm tired of all the human Jedi. Bring on some more members of the Counsel to bring a little more flava to the line.

Darth Loki said:
You guys are bitching about how similar all the Jedi's will look, but Luke and Anakin are both in black. Obi can be displayed without his robe, Kit's robe is reddish, and Mace's is brown. These pieces will look nothing alike once they are all together.

Agreed. With the clothing display options and different color robes, they'll be very distinct.

I went to eBay to find the Qui-Gon poncho. OMG, that is an ugly figure. I've got the version with the Jedi robes and the head sculpt is fine. But the Tattoine version with the open mouth is painful.

Last edited:
You can also look for a couple of different versions of Tatooine Luke. Some of those came with the poncho. Just take the stripes off then sides with a seam ripper.

Also, as to matching up Sith with Jedi, keep in mind that getting Vader and Palpatine back to back would give us the final confrontation in ROTJ!

As to everyone having different colored robes, that's true, but there is still a certain uniformity among the Jedi. A slightly redder robe versus an almost balck robe doesn't really make that much difference when they're all together on the shelf. It's still a lot of guys in brown with colored sticks.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm looking forward to displaying each and every one. Except Kit Fisto. He sucks.:D

Back