12" Qui-Gon!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, since there is no show till SDCC and I doubt QG ships before then I would say the best bet to get up close shots of QG are gonna be at SDCC assuming he is there.

I think Qui-Gon looks great! The only flaw is the hair not sitting perfectly on the head but I'm sure it'll be fixed when he goes into production.
I was hoping they would do something other then a Jedi for this new release and save Qui-Gon for later. At least we know the next figure won't be a Jedi.

Come on guys I need to know what the exclusive is.. I need to know if I have to get him or not. :D

gonjinn.jpg

I think he's looking good! Still hard to tell if that is gray hair or just glare.

tomandshell said:
gonjinn.jpg

I think he's looking good! Still hard to tell if that is gray hair or just glare.

Yeah T&S, he looks damn good in that pic, especially if Andy did him and Andy has done the best so far; Obi, Mace, Anakin as you know...

Should know the Exclusive accessory (hints) by tonight on the blog update, will definitely know by Thurs afternoon/eve...

Guessing 1750 Exc Edition size, should sell-out within a few hours depending on the Exclusive, rebelscum has already been teasing us with that "you don't want to miss it" line so, we'll see...

I'm betting that's a Mat sculpt - and where did this pic come from? He's looking pretty good although I don't know that a seperate hair piece was really necessary in his case.

Hole in chest? How the heck would they do that? I would never want to display him with a hole anyway. Poncho is an important item, so it should be a standard accessory.

A hole in the chest would be hidden by the regular tunic. If he included a different tunic with the burn hole, that'd be cool!

Customikey said:
A hole in the chest would be hidden by the regular tunic. If he included a different tunic with the burn hole, that'd be cool!

Hole in chest=great idea!!

But guys, think about this. His expression is made for a LIVING QuiGon. It would look silly to display him with a neutral expression and a hole in the middle of his chest. Isn't it better to focus on the life of QuiGon, rather than the split second death scene?

JustinLuck said:
But guys, think about this. His expression is made for a LIVING QuiGon. It would look silly to display him with a neutral expression and a hole in the middle of his chest. Isn't it better to focus on the life of QuiGon, rather than the split second death scene?
Be mindful of the living Force.

Customikey said:

True dat.

My favorite display with the Hasbro Ep. I was Obi fighting Maul over the dying Qui-Gon. A smoldering chest and tunic... too cool for words. Hmmm... Might have to try my hand at customizing a Hasbro tunic for that.

It would be cool but I was actually kidding.

For some reason I think the poncho will be the exclusive. Like the capes are with LOTR. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of the exclusive being a significant piece but I do. I think it would be great to have the poncho be the exclusive. Its a great piece, a significant piece, but in the end I doubt I'd ever pose him in his poncho. It will just sit on the shelf next to him, but I'll know I have it. Isn't that the way of most of these exclusives?

Wor-Gar said:
It would be cool but I was actually kidding.

For some reason I think the poncho will be the exclusive. Like the capes are with LOTR. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of the exclusive being a significant piece but I do. I think it would be great to have the poncho be the exclusive. Its a great piece, a significant piece, but in the end I doubt I'd ever pose him in his poncho. It will just sit on the shelf next to him, but I'll know I have it. Isn't that the way of most of these exclusives?

You say your fine with important items being exlusives, but when you miss one you'll change your mind.

Wor-Gar said:
I think it would be great to have the poncho be the exclusive. Its a great piece, a significant piece, but in the end I doubt I'd ever pose him in his poncho.

What about when they come out with a Maul with his desert wear? You don't want a...

Yes, Buttmunch, I would be sad to miss an exclusive -- there's a good chance I'll miss out on Qui-Gon's -- but I'd still like to have the exclusives mean a bit more than they have so far.

And yes, gdb, I'm sure they'll have Maul with his cloak, but I still wouldn't pose Qui-Gon with his poncho. There's just too much "outfit" that's hidden if he wears it. Maybe I could swing it back over his shoulder.

The Poncho wasn't something he wore for a few moments. He wore it about a 1/3 or so of the film. It would be like having Maul's exclusive be his Sith robes. Maul probably wore those equally as long if not more than Qui-gon's poncho. Sure the poncho isn't his typical look, but it still is an important look. A good exclusive would be something like the Queen's ship hologram or the dice. Nothing major should be the exclusive. Although I do agree the hole/burned robes would be a good exclusive or even a Maul Saber that would attach to his back and chest to simulate the hole.

Back