12" Qui-Gon!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Just...wow. I wonder what a custom paint job would do for that. Not much, I'm guessing. Try t get a Tatooine Luke instead. Either the deluxe version or the one that came in the three pack with Han and Leia. Just take a seam ripper and remove the stripes from the shoulders.

e1acquigonjinnfront.jpg

That is just the ugliest thing I have ever seen! I am just dumbfounded at how bad this is...

Sideshow doesn't have to work too hard to surpass this thing.

When I saw this pic tonight, I thought it was a fan-made joke. This thing was really produced by Hasbro? Scary.

Yeah, that's a fine example of how hit and miss the Hasbro 12" line was. On the other hand, I thought the regular 12" Qui-Gon was pretty good. It actually looked like Liam Neeson.

Batty said:
Yeah, that's a fine example of how hit and miss the Hasbro 12" line was. On the other hand, I thought the regular 12" Qui-Gon was pretty good. It actually looked like Liam Neeson.

And he kit-bashed well, too! Guess I'd better show this one off, now that he's about to be obsolete (thanks again SSC!!!)
From my thread in the galleries:

jinn35jn.jpg

jinn12kk.jpg

gonjinn.jpg

Amazing likeness. I really like this Sideshow sculpt. But they painted too much gray on his eyebrows, mustache, and beard.

qui-gon07.jpg

I think it looks way better than the GG mini bust does. I cant wait to get this one.

Face sculpt looks really good IMO...but the hair line is a bit high.....I hate to criticize such an early sculpt..but I felt it necessary to add my "rebelscum" comment to this tread:D .......other than that I think this will be one of the best face sculpts in the SW line.

The only thing to critisize is the photography skills. Come on Sideshow, it's called 3 point lighting.

The beard might be a tad too grey and the hairline looks a little odd to me. I think the hairline though looks that way being that his hair is pulled tightly back. Nothing I'm going to go crazy over.

jlcmsu said:
The beard might be a tad too grey and the hairline looks a little odd to me. I think the hairline though looks that way being that his hair is pulled tightly back. Nothing I'm going to go crazy over.

Yeah,a little extra grey and a questionable hair line is hardly enough for me to not be huddle in front of my computer on the 17th....I really do like this scuplt!!

Just watched TPM and his beard and eyebrows are too grey. I need to reserve any other judgements until I see more pictures but those things seem obvious.

Since this is probably an early prototype, I would not be surprised if they adjust the paint, such as the grey on his beard. This is the first up close pic of the face that I have seen. The detail is amazing. It seems that the hair is not quite flush with the head though. A minor adjustment I am sure.

Back