12" Qui-Gon!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like it's not attached completely. Almost like they didn't glue it down well enough. It should be flush with his forehead at least.

I don't think it is too much to ask for Sideshow to adjust his hair color and fix the hairline. Other than those two problems, I am very happy with the portrait. Of course we all wish the hair went over his shoulders...rubbery hair extensions would have been nice.

Do we know who the sculptor is on Qui Gon yet? I am anxious to see better pictures. I think he would look a little better with the hair in front a little bit but I can get that with the GG bust. Both are must haves for me.

It seems that if Sideshow thought Qui-Gon looked better with hair around the front, they would have made him that way, as they did with Legolas. We know it's possible to do it that way, so the choice of hair style for Qui-Gon was made due to asthetic reasons--they think this way looks best. Let's wait and see some full pics, and until then trust that Sideshow has designed the best looking Qui-Gon 12" figure possible. I shall order him!!!

After looking at the larger pic some more, I think this is the best likeness since Luke. The nose and eyes are dead on. And I like the gray. If you watch the movie again, you will notice its a little gray in some scenes and very gray in others. I believe Quigon is supposed to be 60 years old.

EVILFACE said:
After looking at the larger pic some more, I think this is the best likeness since Luke. The nose and eyes are dead on.

I agree. This is a very good likeness. I would really like to see a profile shot. I hope we don't have to wait until SDCC to see more photos.

Tom, what do you think of the gray? When I've visualized QuiGon for the past six years, maybe I visualize a couple gray hairs, but not nearly the extent that is portrayed here...

He may have been pushing 60, but this is the Star Wars universe we are talking about. With all their technology, I'm sure they had health care that extended human lives way beyond 100, not to mention probably cured graying hair.

JustinLuck said:
Tom, what do you think of the gray? When I've visualized QuiGon for the past six years, maybe I visualize a couple gray hairs, but not nearly the extent that is portrayed here...

I'm not seeing that much gray in the beard, and none at all in the hair. It seems that much of it is the lighting. I'll have to wait until I see more/better pics. I agree that I don't picture Qui-Gon with tons of gray hair, just a few streaks here and there.

tomandshell said:
I'm not seeing that much gray in the beard, and none at all in the hair. It seems that much of it is the lighting. I'll have to wait until I see more/better pics. I agree that I don't picture Qui-Gon with tons of gray hair, just a few streaks here and there.
Maybe all he needs is this:

Qui-Gon is one of the few PT characters I like and apart from the hairline,the likeness looks great. I hope we see Darth Maul as the first Sith Lord as aside from Jango & Boba Fett he is the only other PT character I'm intrested in getting.

Since all of these are hand painted, I don't think it'd be too much of an issue to correct that. The sculpt seems to be good but I still need to see more pics. Everyone was bitching about the original pic of Mace and once we got more it put everyone at ease.

I got a chance to thumb through the prequels Chronicle book, and the head sculpt is looking more and more accurate to me, and I totally retract my earlier enlarged forehead comment.

I like this preview photo as well, and was thinking of hosting a contest for the next preview photo posted, either star wars or LOTR. I was thinking about a "proto-shop" contest, seeing who could photoshop the preview photo the best, with a nifty prize for the winner! What do you think!

tomandshell said:
We should get to see more pictures next Friday morning! Hooray!!!
I was actually thinking more along the lines of non-studio photos like the ones we saw from Toy Fair. The "official" Sideshow photos didn't look as good as ones taken in a normal type setting.

Back