12" Qui-Gon!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that I expected SSC to knock this one out of the park from the (admittedly limited) pictures we have seen thus far I'm not that impressed.

Plus, like most you you, it's more brown robes...

I could've done with another OT announcement instead.

Neat figure, but this is another skip for me since it's a prequel character. They're certainly on a PT kick. Oh well. That will save me some money.

nash said:
The GG bust sucks. period...

Right. That is, if you're not looking for an accurate sculpt.

Sideshow has screwed up again. This sculpt is horrible for three reasons.

1) Hairline - WHAT A MESS!
2) Hair - It should be on the shoulders. It was never pinned back.
3) Likeness - It's sort of Liam, but it's more NOT-Liam.

I cant judge anything from such a tiny shot. Neither can all of you unless you can suddenly see more in tiny photoshopped images than other people. So stop complaining at least until you see an actual product photó. Geez...

I was hoping we'd see a new figure instead of yet another Jedi. Not that there's anything wrong with a Jedi, but seeing the same figure every time with just another head on it....gives abit of a repetative feeling. Would be nicer if SideShow would mix it up and spewed out a Sith or a OT or rebellion hero figure.

Anyway, I'm sure Qui-Gon will be as top-notch as all the rest of them.

Who is to say this is the final version of him? He will be several months away from shipping, so I'm certain this is a very early prototype.

PsychoCenobite said:
I'll probably get him but I'm getting a bit board of good guys and brown robes! :sick

Bring on the bad guys in black robes! :monkey5

PsychoCenobite :monkey3

I am very disappointed. I do like Qui-Gon but we have only gotten 2 OT characters. I'm hoping that now that all of the MAIN jedi are out (not counting our favorite little muppett) that we will get more OT characters...

B-Electronic said:
I cant judge anything from such a tiny shot. Neither can all of you unless you can suddenly see more in tiny photoshopped images than other people. So stop complaining at least until you see an actual product photó. Geez...

No kinding...we havent really seen anything yet,how can you make such critical remarks about Qui-Gon...kind of sounds like a rebelscum thread:rolleyes:

Josette said:
Neat figure, but this is another skip for me since it's a prequel character. They're certainly on a PT kick. Oh well. That will save me some money.

I feel the same way.

I think this is one of the best sculpts. Now, before you comment on the hair, he can't have the hair over his shoulders because it would be solid and would interfere with the clothes, so that's why it's in the back. But really, this is one of the best sculpts done. His exclusive will probably be the tattooine poncho, since the holoprojector was also included with Anakin and it then wouldn't be much of an exclusive. I don't really like Qui-Gon as a character, so I will pass on this one, but I must say it is very nice.

darthviper107 said:
I think this is one of the best sculpts. Now, before you comment on the hair, he can't have the hair over his shoulders because it would be solid and would interfere with the clothes, so that's why it's in the back. But really, this is one of the best sculpts done. His exclusive will probably be the tattooine poncho, since the holoprojector was also included with Anakin and it then wouldn't be much of an exclusive. I don't really like Qui-Gon as a character, so I will pass on this one, but I must say it is very nice.

Leglos or however his name is spelled, has hair sculpted in front of his shoulders. Qui-Gon's hairline needs to come down a bit, but again, not holding judgement till more pics come around.

From what pictures I've seen, I think both the 12" figure and the bust look pretty good. They both look like Qui-Gon.

I don't know why you all are complaining. Most of you wanted a Qui-Gon figure, well now you can. You should be careful for what you ask for, because you just might get it. If you don't like it, pass on the exclusive so others that really want him can get him.

I for one think the figure will be great. Sideshow knows they have to be the best they can on this line. They won't produce crap beacause they know we will complain about it. I will be getting this figure for sure.

You all want Maul now, but as soon as they release pics of him, are you all going to complain again that it doesn't look like him? I hate to say it, but we are turning into another rebelscum. Just be happy these figures are being made. If you don't like them, don't get them.

Someone over at rebelscum did have a good idea for once. How about Maul's saber through his chest as the exclusive. It would work similar to the Jason gag machete or be able to attach to the clothing somehow on his chest and back like the T-1000 bullet holes. The later seems to be the better idea. I think it would be a cool exclusive. "Death of figures" would be great.

Last edited:
I'm sure it's just the lighting in the preview pic, but doesn't it look like Qui Gon has gray hair? :confused:

Back