12" Maul!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was hoping for a PF Maul first, hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

Also, I think I know what happened, someone wouldn't share the Maul prototype, so two fanboys were fighting over it, so wise queen Dusty decided to slice the Maul in half to see who the person who really cared about the Maul was. Unfortunately neither fanboy relinquished and Maul was cleaved in half by Queen Dusty's lightsaber, and an april fools day joke was born.

Frankly, a 12" Maul is better than a 1/4 Maul. The 1/4 Maul will have one pose and only one pose. Have any of you considered you wouldn't like the pose? The 12" version will be just as good, have better/more accessories, and is poseable. To each their own, but I still haven't been convinced the 1/4 scale line is right. Perhaps I'll change my mind come SDCC time?

I wonder what the real Maul exclusive will be? I'm just disapointed the complainers as Rebelscum realized it was a joke. I would have loved to see them squirm a bit.

This one is a bit easier to distinguish as a joke, but that Obi-Wan they did last year could easily fool. It didn't sound as outrageous as a half figure. I wonder if Sideshow will do another video like they did for the Obi-Wan April Fools joke?
I can't wait for Darth Maul though. I'm definitely going to buy two, one to display in cloak and one fighting Qui-Gon (and hopefully Padawan Obi-Wan someday). I'm thinking his Binoculars will be the exclusive.

I don't know. Half a figure makes more sense than no figure. If this was last year's joke I think it would have taken us a bit longer to figure out. I bet Sideshow got a kick out of the people that nearly had heart attacks though. i knew it was a joke as soon as I saw it though. If I hadn't been looking at a calander earlier in the day it might have been different. :horror

The Binoculars or Probe Droid would be a good exclusive. His half saber should be standard, but understandable if it was the exclusive.

Of course I've considered the possibility I wouldn't like the pose, and I've decided that possibility is too small to be taken into consideration. I might as well be afraid when the 12" comes I may not be able to afford it.

When I first saw the PF Sean Connery (The first PF I had ever seen) I thought, "Are you kidding me? 250 dollars for that?" But then I saw a few PFs and now I own 5, with spiderman and Leia on the way, and a nice list of other SW ones I will buy. To me, they are nicer than the 12" figures because when you get down to it the 12" are action figures. Very expensive much better looking ones to be sure, but action figures no less. Now don't take this as a criticism of them because I prefer the 12" Bonds to the PF ones because I like the different outfits, and should it ever happen I would like to have a 12" Bond for each movie. But should it ever come to a decision between my PF's and my 12" the PF's will stay.

I for one have never seen a 1/4 in person. I guess it really isn't fair of me to judge them before I actually have seen one. To me though the extra few inches just doesn't seem to be worth the $200 extra and no poseability. I guess I'll just stay within by budget and keep to the 1/6 line.

Well, really, I've always thought comparing PF's to 12" are like comparing apples and oranges. They're two very different things and one can't replace the other. For some things I prefer PF, for some 12". I've got a PF Frankenstein Dracula and London After Midnight, I would never get these in 12". Just like I wouldn't want an orange pie. I have some presidential 12" figures that I would never get in PF. Just like I would never want little cans of apples in juice. I could probably put 15 or so Jedi on the shelf that curently holds 3 PF's. So it really kinda comes down to personal preference, space, and money.

I think PF's are also something that have to be seen to be appreciated, maybe you will still not like them as much as 12", and maybe you'll see them and think I'm insane, but overall they're very impressive in person.

Hasbro Maul

e1acdarthmaulfront.jpg

there is no comparison between the 12" and 1/4 scale. There just isn't. There is no reason why sideshow cannot do both. The 1/4 are simply the finest star wars colelctibles out there, and the 12" are nicer, but less grand because of their size. The 1/4 are nice display pieces, the 12" are posable. I would rather hav ethe 1/4 if I had to choose, and I will be very dissapointed if sideshow does not carry on the line in the numbers of the attakus statues.

Buttmunch said:
I for one have never seen a 1/4 in person. I guess it really isn't fair of me to judge them before I actually have seen one. To me though the extra few inches just doesn't seem to be worth the $200 extra and no poseability. I guess I'll just stay within by budget and keep to the 1/6 line.
I tried it and unlikely as it was, spied the PF Drac in a city store. It didn't help frequenting this board and I was gone. I was staunch 1/6th. I had to be to maintain purchasing power. Since then I have seen a couple of PF's I certainly wouldn't buy. Instead I bought into the PF Uni Monsters and am suitably pleased. As display pieces they rawk bad. The 1/6th scale just has more flexibilty with finances and variation. Everything else I have to say has been said by Agent0028. To you I say, never look directly at a PF.

do you think SS will announce on Saturday that it was an April Fool's joke, and therefore have the Maul preorder next friday?

The thing about April Fool's Day jokes, though, is that they should be played on APRIL FIRST. :rolleyes:

Lame attempt at comedy from SS once again.

Collector Freak said:
The thing about April Fool's Day jokes, though, is that they should be played on APRIL FIRST. :rolleyes:

Lame attempt at comedy from SS once again.

Well, since the newsletter doesn't go out on April 1st it would be kind of difficult to do the joke on April 1st.

Prolly on to something.

I don't see how someone that doesnt like a product would waste their time on boards about that product.

At first, I was freaked out, I had forgotten about April Fools, I was thinking "How could they be so stupid to put out a half-Maul when everyone wants the full figure?" But then I remembered April Fools. Anyway, it's going to be preordered on April 14th, which means I'll be too late to get the exclusive and I'll have to get the regular, but that's OK.

I hope it's not on Good Friday, April 14. I've only ever pre-ordered from work and don't know how my computer at home would handle it. Especially with such a wanted character.

Back