12" Maul!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
I hope it's not on Good Friday, April 14. I've only ever pre-ordered from work and don't know how my computer at home would handle it. Especially with such a wanted character.

This would be the first I tried to get from work. I usually leave early fridays, but am working all day good friday to give my co-workers a day off. If I only knew......

Of course we're just speculating.

Yeah, I was really hoping for next Friday, April 7th. It would be much easier to be available.

I don't think Maul will go up for pre-order any time soon. Next week the SDCC exclusives will be announced and I'd imagine the next few weeks will be set apart to pre-order those. A few weeks after those are finished then they might announce Maul and then pre-order him the following week. Remeber it was a long time from the Obi-Wan joke until Obi-Wan was actually announced.

I hear that the top half will be much more limited than the bottom and not available for 6 months after.

:mwaha

Seriously though, I think a severed in two Darth Maul would make a great exclusive. Perhaps next year's SDCC exclusive, or just a site exlcusive? Perhaps this isn't a joke and this year's SDCC exclusive will the the lower half of Maul and next year the top half! :horror

Buttmunch said:
:mwaha

Seriously though, I think a severed in two Darth Maul would make a great exclusive. Perhaps next year's SDCC exclusive, or just a site exlcusive? Perhaps this isn't a joke and this year's SDCC exclusive will the the lower half of Maul and next year the top half! :horror

I think my head might just explode if that was the case.:horror

I think this prank is definitely an omen that a 12" Maul isn't far around the corner. I'll take a 12" DM, an way you slice him (heh, heh).

Though it's difficult to compare Maul to Vader, I think as far as anticipation and coolness factor, DM exceeds DV as far as 12" fans looking forward to his release. Face it, Maul was a one-man wrecking crew with the most bad-ass on-screen presence in the films.

Other than possibly Vader, I would rather have Maul than any other Sith.

If this is a hint at a pending release of 12" Darth Maul, this will be the hottest SSC SW figure yet in the series.

BRING ON THE MAUL!!!

Funny joke on Sideshow's part. Pretty cool, actually, that they not only nail us with an April Fool's joke but tell us what the next figure will be...

Ah, April 14th. I have off that day but I'm getting tattoed. Maybe my artist will let us take a break so I can use the shop computer :naughty

So is this going along with the 'pairing' idea? It seems so far we only have one total 'pairing,' and that's Anakin and Obi-Wan. Now that we have Maul that either means we'll be getting Palpatine or Vader next (I hope)... but if the Sith are in full swing I'll still hold out hope for a Dooku!

There are only so many Sith they can do without goint into the EU line which I thought was a seperate line on it's own.

Don't you guys get it yet? Maul will NOT go up for pre-order on the 14th. Mostly likely the SDCC figures will. Next week the SDCC exclusives will be revealed in the newsletter. Logically, some will start going up for pre-order the next week. Remember last year's Obi-Wan joke? Obi-Wan was annouced quite a bit later after the joke. We'll be lucky if Maul isn't announced for SDCC.

I repeat Maul WILL NOT go up for Pre-order on the 14th so get it out of your heads now!

Seriously - I don't think Maul is imminent. It's just a coincidence that Obi-wan was announced soon after the joke last year.

Darth Loki said:
There are only so many Sith they can do without goint into the EU line which I thought was a seperate line on it's own.
I think they said that EU characters will come in the line that corresponds to the character. So Snowbunny Padme will be in the HOTR line I think.

Maybe but I would think he would go up soon or relatively soon anyways. I don't think it's coincidence though by any means. I bet he is announced by the Middle of May at the latest. Unless you know something Dave?

Buttmunch the SDCC exclusives will not go on sale until the end of April. According to SS site. So it is possible Maul could go up on the 14th.

The Sideshow Comic-Con Exclusives will be offered for Priority Pre-Order towards the end of April.

Buttmunch said:
Don't you guys get it yet? Maul will NOT go up for pre-order on the 14th. Mostly likely the SDCC figures will. Next week the SDCC exclusives will be revealed in the newsletter. Logically, some will start going up for pre-order the next week. Remember last year's Obi-Wan joke? Obi-Wan was annouced quite a bit later after the joke. We'll be lucky if Maul isn't announced for SDCC.

I repeat Maul WILL NOT go up for Pre-order on the 14th so get it out of your heads now!

what makes you so sure? theres no written law, SS can announce things at their own accord. Why would we preorder the SDCC exclusives so soon?

They said that the SDCC items will go on sale in late April, and the 14th isn't that late, so Maul is a possibility. The SDCC stuff will probably get going around the 21st and 28th. The trick will be that they will not all be on a Friday. They have 14 Priority Preorders to do (attendee and non-attendee orders for seven items), so expect to see one just about every day, I would imagine. We shall see the actual schedule next week or so...

thats good they will make the preorders on separate days. thank God!

Back