12" Maul!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
Obi seemed pretty offensive when he nearly killed Vader on the confrence table and also when they both tried the Jedi push trick at the same time. Like how he defeated Maul, Obi likes to let his opponant's anger and pride do his work for him.

Releaving opponants of their limbs from Coruscant to Mustafar to Tattooine, he is, IMHO, the Bea Kiddo of the Star Wars universe.

I agree. He's not flashy and intimidating as some others are but Obi-Wan seems to always come out on top.

Obi-Wan was a awesome Jedi. One of the best if not the best IMO. I loved really everything about him. He fought really well, thought things out, and just had the overall package.

jlcmsu said:
Obi-Wan was a awesome Jedi. One of the best if not the best IMO. I loved really everything about him. He fought really well, thought things out, and just had the overall package.

Yeah, Obi-Wan was the perfect Jedi example. He was equal thinker and warrior, always keeping his cool under even the worst of situations. And even when he did get emotional, somehow he brought himself back to a calm state. And he could kick major butt if given the chance. Usually using the other fighter's shortcomings to his advantage...

I always liked him in the OT, Alec Guiness just did an outstanding job. I was worried that the Prequels would lessen the strength of the chracter, but Ewan really blew me away more and more with each film.... culminating with ROTS. I'd have to say that he was my favorite character of the PT.

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, Obi-Wan was the perfect Jedi example. He was equal thinker and warrior, always keeping his cool under even the worst of situations. And even when he did get emotional, somehow he brought himself back to a calm state. And he could kick major butt if given the chance. Usually using the other fighter's shortcomings to his advantage...

I always liked him in the OT, Alec Guiness just did an outstanding job. I was worried that the Prequels would lessen the strength of the chracter, but Ewan really blew me away more and more with each film.... culminating with ROTS. I'd have to say that he was my favorite character of the PT.

Yup...IMO Obi-wan(Ewan) really stood out from the rest of the cast....he brought Obi to front of the stage and I actually began to "care" more about Obi-Wan than even Anakin.....Ewan did a wonder full job bringing this character to life.....the best actor/character of the Prequels IMO..(except for Maul)

It's strange to think that Ewan actually spent a lot more tim being Kenobi than Alec did. Now future viewers will be judging Alec's performance based on how closely it adheres to Ewan.

Customikey said:
It's strange to think that Ewan actually spent a lot more tim being Kenobi than Alec did. Now future viewers will be judging Alec's performance based on how closely it adheres to Ewan.
That's really sad given that it kinda takes away from Ewan's great performance.

Off topic, but I've always wondered this. Alec Guiness was an oscar winning, shakespeare playing, well established, respected thespian. How did he wind up in a low budget science fiction movie?

Agent0028 said:
That's really sad given that it kinda takes away from Ewan's great performance.

Off topic, but I've always wondered this. Alec Guiness was an oscar winning, shakespeare playing, well established, respected thespian. How did he wind up in a low budget science fiction movie?

What I heard, and I may be wrong, is that he was a bit of a religious fellow and the (what appeared to be) Christian themes appealed to him. Later he was bitter that in America, all everyone wanted to talk about was his role as a ghost. Perhaps he was really bitter that Empire turned all the spiritual overtones into more Eastern and universal themes.

Yeah, Ewan performance made Obi-Wan one of my top 3 favorite characters. Obi-Wan was really played perfectly between Ewan and Alec so much so that I really think the transition between two is really flawless.

Thanks :) I really dig the piece enough I had to get both versions. This character just really appeals to me.

Yup, saw that earlier. Not that we didn't figure it out eventually. I'm still thinking Maul is next.

Plural is plural. I think it's safe we're getting more than one. If I recall they're announcing the SDCC exclusives this month, so that's one with at least one other announcement. Possibly Darth Maul, maybe another 12" instead of or inaddaition to. Dare we PFers hope for an announcement there too? :monkey4

I really like the article, and a lot of people were very happy that Josh took the time to write it.

Back