12" Maul!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Either way I just hope it's soon... I really really really want this figure already! :violin

But, either way... I have a lot to look forward to already.. so at least there is that to keep me occupied until then. But dammit I want Maul to be preordered before May! lol!

Some of you keep mentioned that you want Maul to split in half. But would you really want to display him that way??:confused:

I would prefer him to be one body, so I don't have to worry about him falling in half all the time.

Mortar Conn said:
Though it's difficult to compare Maul to Vader, I think as far as anticipation and coolness factor, DM exceeds DV as far as 12" fans looking forward to his release. Face it, Maul was a one-man wrecking crew with the most bad-ass on-screen presence in the films.

He got killed by a Jedi Padawan. Can't get around that. He went down like a chump!!

(But I'll buy the 12" figure.)

Mortar Conn said:
Though it's difficult to compare Maul to Vader, I think as far as anticipation and coolness factor, DM exceeds DV as far as 12" fans looking forward to his release. Face it, Maul was a one-man wrecking crew with the most bad-ass on-screen presence in the films.

I'm sorry, Darth Vader's screen presence trumps Mauls few minutes of glory.

That French website just uncovered a shot of the complete 12" full bodied figure...

darthpammy8yl.jpg

(Good old Pammy usually shows up in every thread sooner or later...)

I'm not bothered about the figure being able to split in half as I wouldn't display him like that anyway. The figure would probably fall apart each time you tried moving the waist which would not be a good thing. With Maul seemingly being confirmed I guess it's time to start searching for the Hasbro 12" Sith Speeder on ebay.

tomandshell said:
That French website just uncovered a shot of the complete 12" full bodied figure...

darthpammy8yl.jpg

(Good old Pammy usually shows up in every thread sooner or later...)

Has anyone seen the half-maul listed on ebay yet? People have gotten pretty brazen posting auctions, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this too.

pickard said:
He got killed by a Jedi Padawan. Can't get around that. He went down like a chump!!

(But I'll buy the 12" figure.)

Yeah a Jedi Padawan that went on to slay Jedi-killer Grievious and a Jedi Padawan that kicked Darth Vader's ass royaly in ROTS and made Vader look like a punk-ass Padawn, IMHO.

In reality, Obi-Wan didn't terminate Maul, his ego did.

Plus many boardies have said, and I tend to agree, the Maul vs. QG and Obi is THE best light saber duel in the entire series. How does that qualify Maul as a chump? Does not compute.

Boba Fett may have went down like a punk. Jango Fett may have gone down like punk. However Darth Maul did not go down like a chump.

Last edited:
Mortar Conn said:
In reality, Obi-Wan didn't terminate Maul, his ego did.
It wasn't even his ego that did him in, it was standing there and letting Obi-Wan cut him in half without defending himself.

I was just reading the newsletter and I noticed that the exclusive Medicom symbiote Spidey is going up for Priority Pre-order on Friday, April 7th. So I don't think Maul will go up for pre-order then, not to mention they haven't announced anything yet. Unless Sideshow can do 2 pre-orders in the same day.

Mortar Conn said:
Jedi Padawan that kicked Darth Vader's ass royaly in ROTS and made Vader look like a punk-ass Padawn, IMHO.

He was a Master at that point, but he was not kicking Vaders ass. OB1 was on the defensive the whole battle and got in the winning shot when Vader got cocky, the same thing that Maul did.

Dooku took down OB1 easy though.

I can't believe I'm about to say this but...Obi-Wan practices form III lightsaber technique. It is a style that focuses much more on defense then offense. *sigh* Golly I'm a geek, at least around here I'm not alone. :cool:

Agent0028 said:
I can't believe I'm about to say this but...Obi-Wan practices form III lightsaber technique. It is a style that focuses much more on defense then offense. *sigh* Golly I'm a geek, at least around here I'm not alone. :cool:

I knew that as well. So your not alone. :)

EVILFACE said:
He was a Master at that point, but he was not kicking Vaders ass. OB1 was on the defensive the whole battle and got in the winning shot when Vader got cocky, the same thing that Maul did.

Dooku took down OB1 easy though.

I would say losing an arm and most of both legs (not to mention getting fried like a Tater tot), whether by Obi's blade or the lava river, is getting your ass handed to you. You're correct in stating that Obi-Wan was a master in ROTS.

I just disagree with some that have characterized Maul as biting the dust like chump in TPM and not worthy of holding Vader's codpiece. I think Maul was every bit as deadly a Sith as young Vader, if not more so.

Obi seemed pretty offensive when he nearly killed Vader on the confrence table and also when they both tried the Jedi push trick at the same time. Like how he defeated Maul, Obi likes to let his opponant's anger and pride do his work for him.

Releaving opponants of their limbs from Coruscant to Mustafar to Tattooine, he is, IMHO, the Bea Kiddo of the Star Wars universe.

Back