12" Maul Shipping Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seth Gecko said:
Not 100% no. Hence why i said we'll have to wait and see.
I think it's safe to say by the pics theres a damn good possibility.But yeah i hear ya thats almost as stupid as saying medi vader has monkey legs.:rotfl
So making the lower legs longer to make someone taller doesn't give them monkey legs?

can't wait to get this figure (about six months after you lot probably :lol ) It looks seriously good

god I hope I don't have to repaint this one though.... i am NOT looking forward to doing those tattoos:rotfl

I'm actually all for Maul having longer arms, if that be the case, only because the more reach his arms have, the more pose options will be open to us, and with Darth Maul, there's a wide array of poses to do with him, so the more I can recreate, the happier I'll be.

Well, I read somewhere officially from sideshow that they said the arm issue with the short body has been fixed. It COULD just be the fact that he has gloves and not just attachable hands.

Either way they have to fix the size of the hands on their Star Wars figures. They're oversized compared to the rest of their lines. They have to start making the heads smaller (in proportion), too. They can do it. Not all of there figures have big heads, but the big headed ones out weigh the others. And them being oversized to accomidate for shrinking isn't working so well. They're almost in a different scale.

hunky_artist said:
can't wait to get this figure (about six months after you lot probably :lol ) It looks seriously good

god I hope I don't have to repaint this one though.... i am NOT looking forward to doing those tattoos:rotfl

Yeah, the head will be tricky... Not sure if I will have to do anything besides the eyes... But we will see. He WILL be getting the full body tattoo treatment though.. you can bet on it.:D

DarkArtist81 said:
Yeah, the head will be tricky... Not sure if I will have to do anything besides the eyes... But we will see. He WILL be getting the full body tattoo treatment though.. you can bet on it.:D

With all the complaining about the aesthetics of the Sideshow body, why do you want to devote so much time to painting it?

I'm really glad the paint turned out so well. I tried repainting the tatoos on a Hasbro once. It's tedious and no fun at all. I will probably leave mine alone unless there's something seriously wrong with the eyes.

I don't know guys, but judging by this pic alone, it seems the monkey arms issue was resolved with maul, Luke's arms seemed to be longer in relation to his knees when he was in the box... but it's hard to tell...

image1573.jpg

Maybe QQB can do a side by side comp pic with Luke?

Last edited:
I hope it was fixed only for the sake of them saying they would. If it isnt I dont care I wont have Maul's arms at his side so the length wont be noticble. Either way Maul looks great and I really hope I get him before Christmas.

Yeah, and I'm so excited about getting this one as I've probably already said like 3-4 times in this thread. I understand totally why Tom likes Boba so much despite the lack of screen time because for me Maul is the same.

I believe that Brant did say that the long arm issue was being addressed, but whether it was addressed in time for Maul is the question. It does appear that it has been.

Darklord Dave said:
I believe that Brant did say that the long arm issue was being addressed, but whether it was addressed in time for Maul is the question. It does appear that it has been.
For the record (and I will find the exact quote) Brant did say that the long-arm issues were corrected with Maul.

pixletwin said:
For the record (and I will find the exact quote) Brant did say that the long-arm issues were corrected with Maul.

I believe he said that in the San Diego chat this summer. You can find it on Sideshow's site.

That's what I recall as well pix, I remember reading brant's quote in some blog (may have been SDCC chat or maul P.O.)

Back