Collecting from UK just got more expensive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about Play Asia though, has anyone ordered from there before? Their prices seem to be significantly lower, but I am just wondering about the customs charges!

Hi folks - I'm probably being a bit thick but did a search on eBay for timcent, can't seem to find him on there. Am I missing something or do sellers have to have an active listing to be visible? (I've only ever used it for the occasional buy-it-now for cheap tat). Happy to pay VAT as long as the total final price is reasonable - again any guidance for this noob much appreciated, thanks!

Hi folks - I'm probably being a bit thick but did a search on eBay for timcent, can't seem to find him on there. Am I missing something or do sellers have to have an active listing to be visible? (I've only ever used it for the occasional buy-it-now for cheap tat). Happy to pay VAT as long as the total final price is reasonable - again any guidance for this noob much appreciated, thanks!

timcent88 on eBay

I pretty much just want Phasma and a Shock Trooper to round out my collection (for now), but I can't see anywhere trustworthy to preorder them from. I may have to bite the bullet and get them from Sideshow!

Fed Ex don't charge brokerage if you open an account with them to have your customs bill paid by card automatically.

So I did this and all was good. I bought an E Web cannon a month or so ago and everything was still normal.

I ordered a snowtrooper a few days ago and I got this email...................

"Thank you for shopping at Sideshow! We are happy to inform you that the following items have been processed.

You will find the details of your invoice below, which includes your product cost and final shipping charges.

We are proud to offer On Demand Delivery from DHL. Click below to pre-pay your duties and taxes, as well as set other useful delivery options."

WTF!

Not content with ripping me off on shipping, $40 from USA to UK, obviously now they have got a cheaper rate than FedEx (In their wisdom, rather thoughtfully none of the discount has been passed on)

I now have the pleasure of needing to pay my fees in advance to get my package, plus I get the bonus of paying a fee to DHL for the privilege.

To add to my amusement, DHL have been sending me telephone texts at inopportune times!

As all international shipping is advertised as Fedex I am not a happy bunny!

I already did.

When the UPS Hong Kong dollars instead of USA currency glitch ended.

I used the Sideshow chat feature to insist my orders only ship Fedex, which they agreed to.

I even held off some preorders and waited for items to be in stock at Sideshow to make sure UPS were not involved.

Back