12" Maul Shipping Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nash said:
looks like monkey arms to me... :banghead

hope to see more pics to see for sure..

image1579.jpg

I am sad to admit this, but his arms do look a little to long for his body.....

Big head, long arms. I was expecting the first (as always), but I could have sworn SSC said they would fix the long arms on the short body [for Maul]. :monkey4

Why is it so difficult to get proper proportions right? A company spends all that time and resources to get a good headsculpt, but fails to do good on proportions...doesnt make sense to me.

At first I wasn't sure if he had monkey arms, but I just fooled with photoshop to check and see if the length from fingertip to fingertip was the same as his height (as it should be for people) and it seems that they together might me a centimeter to an inch too long(from fingertip to fingertip), that's just a guess from the image, but we can measure once we get it. But I have to say it still looks good despite that, I don't think you could really notice unless someone told you or if he was naked.

nash said:
Why is it so difficult to get proper proportions right? A company spends all that time and resources to get a good headsculpt, but fails to do good on proportions...doesnt make sense to me.

I had a feeling this would happen,monkey arms for sure.Oh well.

The only thing I have problem with is the paint on the upper lip makes it look like Maul is sporting some weird mustache....there should be more black and just a strip of red on the upper lips like the proto and real life maul:

2115_press04-001.jpg

medium_maul_1.3.jpg

Amir said:
The only thing I have problem with is the paint on the upper lip makes it look like Maul is sporting some weird mustache....there should be more black and just a strip of red on the upper lips like the proto and real life maul:

2115_press04-001.jpg

medium_maul_1.3.jpg

I was going to say something to this effect, but figured I would be labeled a "hater" for not saying the likeness was perfect. There's something a little strange going on with the mouth and I just hope they all don't end up looking like that.

Yeah, the lips look maybe a little off but it's nothing that should be stressed out about. It does nothing to really hurt the figure in anyway at all.

First prototype - "Looks great!"
First production sample - "Excellent! Can't wait to get it"
First pics of in hand figure - "Fantastic! So glad I ordered!"
Second pics of in hand figure - "It's crap! Glad I cancelled."

:maul

:rotfl

Darklord Dave said:
First prototype - "Looks great!"
First production sample - "Excellent! Can't wait to get it"
First pics of in hand figure - "Fantastic! So glad I ordered!"
Second pics of in hand figure - "It's crap! Glad I cancelled."

:maul

:rotfl

:lol :lol :lol :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :maul

The lip doesn't look bad at all, and if it weren't for people talking about it I wouldn't even think there was a problem. In fact, I can't really see a problem with the lip. Monkey arms don't look that bad, I still think this is the best (or second best compared to Kit Fisto) figure so far.

Considering that my Mace figure is about a foot from my face right now and looks good, I think Maul is going to look fantastic. It's just a shame that barring a miracle, we may not see him until January anyway. When does SS close for the Holidays and for how long? Also on a completely unrelated note, does anyone remember when SS stops doing new PPOs before Comic Con starts?

I think we'll see some Mauls into our hands before x-mas but it may only be regulars. As far as new PPO's before Comic Con you got SEVERAl months before they hold anything. Still got TF in February.

Back