12" Maul Shipping Soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait, but I don't expect him before January.

Dave, will we see a review of Maul like we did with Aragorn?

Luke's arms never bugged me and Mauls cetratinly don't. As for the paint job.. Meh... Looks pretty awesome to me.

Come home now little horned buddy. Papa is a-waiting.:maul

This one looks like it turned out wonderful! I Think he looks so good that I might have to buy two. :maul

I see monkey arms:monkey2

image1579.jpg

I don't think the monkey arms are terrible on him... but the forearms do look a tad long. But I think because of the gauntlet gloves it probably won't be as big of an issue as with Luke. And even Luke's long arms don't really bother me... but it would have been cool if Sideshow actually addressed the proportion issue like they said they would.

**this is of course assuming the arms really are monkeyed and not just a camera angle :monkey3 **

King Darkness said:
I see monkey arms:monkey2

image1579.jpg
That'll have to be decided when we have them in hand or hear more first in hand accounts of the figure. I can't really tell from just a few pictures. The right arm there looks the right length to me, the left arm is out a ways from the body and the photo is from a higher above the waist angle.

You know, I think you're right, the camera angle might be throwing it off, I was only paying attention to the arm on the right but the left arm doesn't seem bad so it could be that the issue is fixed.

All the nitpicking reminds me of when I used to work in consumer electronics. You'd have all the different big screens lined up next to each other - and you could tell a difference in quality between them - but it was really only when you look at the extremes side by side was it a problem. When you got pretty much any of them home they all looked good. I think some of the figures are like that - if you are sitting them directly next to a reference shot and staring from close up - yes they may be some differences - but in 1:6 scale its not going to make a difference and its a damn good reproduction.

screamingmetal said:
That'll have to be decided when we have them in hand or hear more first in hand accounts of the figure. I can't really tell from just a few pictures. The right arm there looks the right length to me, the left arm is out a ways from the body and the photo is from a higher above the waist angle.

Yeah I think you're right. Could be the angle from which the pic was taken.

galactiboy said:
but it would have been cool if Sideshow actually addressed the proportion issue like they said they would.

Yup saying you'll take care of it and then not.:emperor
But i guess we'll have wait to see it in hand first.

I'm actually thinking of canceling my Inclusive due to funds, I don't think I will, but if I do you think the Inclusive will be a tough find in the next year. I kinda don't think it would because of the high numbers produced, but you never know. I think I'll get it and if I can't afford it just send it back.

I am pumped to get some more Sith action, I'm totally doing the hood up pose, very evil!

Seth Gecko said:
Yup saying you'll take care of it and then not.:emperor
But i guess we'll have wait to see it in hand first.

Has it been 100% proven that Maul has "monkey arms"? From a few pics and with the puffy sleeves you can't tell. Someone post pics of Lukes and Mauls naked arms next to each other.

QQB said:
more photo!
image1592.jpg

great shot QQB! Really anticipating Maul now...

Do you have Qui-Gon for some more photos...especially any that may highlight the height difference?

It looks like another great figure...

jedibear said:
great shot QQB! Really anticipating Maul now...

Do you have Qui-Gon for some more photos...especially any that may highlight the height difference?

It looks like another great figure...

Yes, a picture with him and Qui-Gon standing back to back would be great!

EVILFACE said:
Has it been 100% proven that Maul has "monkey arms"? From a few pics and with the puffy sleeves you can't tell. Someone post pics of Lukes and Mauls naked arms next to each other.

Not 100% no. Hence why i said we'll have to wait and see.
I think it's safe to say by the pics theres a damn good possibility.But yeah i hear ya thats almost as stupid as saying medi vader has monkey legs.:rotfl

I bet he hits before xmas,but since i'm waiting to get from a online retailer it'll be jan. for sure.

I'm glad to say I don't see the crooked eyes as I did with the proto pics.

Even if he has the longer arms like Luke, the costume isn't as form fitting and it won't be near as noticable. I'm looking forward to him.

Back