12" is not stopped

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were there any characters that SSC could have mixed in at a lower cost to them? Someone easy? I'm guessing Legolas was probably the easiest.

premium format or nothing !!!!!

"Be Silent, Keep your forked tongue between your teeth i have not travelled through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm."

I didn't read every post but I read enough, so here's my two cents. First off if they did make more why is everyone assuming it would merry and pippin or Gimili. I'd personally rather have some bad guys. Also, they're not dolls, they''re action figures. dolls are stuffed toys.

I didn't read every post but I read enough, so here's my two cents. First off if they did make more why is everyone assuming it would merry and pippin or Gimili. I'd personally rather have some bad guys. Also, they're not dolls, they''re action figures. dolls are stuffed toys.

We needed Gimli and Merry and Pippin to complete the Fellowship. Personally, I'd like to have a Suruman, Gandalf the White, and Aragorn Fields of Pellenor along with Elrond, Isildur, Sauron, and the Witchking. So many possibilities that will never come to pass.

Long live Hot Toys.

If HT had done LOTR we would have received Aragorn, Saruman, an Orc and maybe Frodo or Gandalf before they killed the line.

If HT had done LOTR we would have received Aragorn, Saruman, an Orc and maybe Frodo or Gandalf before they killed the line.

The fact is you really don't know exactly what Hot Toys would have done with the license. Besides, I'd rather have the 8 or so figures that Sideshow did made by Hot Toys knowing that they were the best money could buy. I can't believe Sideshow turned to Hot Toys to develop the Hobbit bodies and then wasted the R&D on 2 Hobbits only.

I'll never collect another SS 12 inch line, all have died or failed except SW. SS is too popular now, its all about the money. GI JOE will be put on "hold" by the end of the year.

The fact is you really don't know exactly what Hot Toys would have done with the license. Besides, I'd rather have the 8 or so figures that Sideshow did made by Hot Toys knowing that they were the best money could buy. I can't believe Sideshow turned to Hot Toys to develop the Hobbit bodies and then wasted the R&D on 2 Hobbits only.

Not to turn this into a SSC vs HT war, but what exactly HT is in your collection? Countless predator and alien rehashes? 5 POTC figures? HT is hardly the example of deep lines.

Very true. Everyone looks to Hot Toys as god and savior in 1/6, but all they're good for is product quality, not line quality. They make the sure fire sellers and the occassional unexpected choice for some reason, but they don't fill lines very well. HT LOTR would probably be less complete than Sideshows, which says something.

With HT you would have had 3 orcs variations, 2 Aragorns and Galadriel.

Superman:

Clark Kent
Superman
2 in 1 Superman
Kalel

Batman:

Lots O Batman
2 Jokers
Twoface

... mmmmm... A bunch of Aliens....

Clearly HT (while known for quality) isn't known for quantity.

I think we can make a reasonably educated guess that we would have gotten 2 or 3 figs from HT had they the LOTR 1:6 license.

With HT you would have had 3 orcs variations, 2 Aragorns and Galadriel.

And all would have been the best damn 1:6 LOTR figures you ever had. I'll take quality over quantity. Look at POTA. Hot Toys must be trying to commit suicide by resurrecting a dead Sideshow license, yet I'm sure they will sell because the quality is exceptional in spite of the fact that they will never satisfy Apes fans with all of their favorite characters.

Where was Barbossa? Where was Jim Gordon? Where was Bishop? Every line has its Kurgan. I imagine with Star Wars and G.I. Joe there will be several.

Hold on... SSC LOTR 1:6 are not high quality? Sorry what little credibility I gave to your opinions just went in the garbage.

Very true. Everyone looks to Hot Toys as god and savior in 1/6, but all they're good for is product quality, not line quality. They make the sure fire sellers and the occassional unexpected choice for some reason, but they don't fill lines very well. HT LOTR would probably be less complete than Sideshows, which says something.

Yup, for as nice as HT is with their figures they don't exactly go the extra mile to fill lines out. That's where I get tired of all the HT is the best thing ever because they do the main guys or some of them and thats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back