12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toht would fantastic. My other wants are Mola Rom, Henry Sr and Short Round. Apparently they won't be using the short body for Hobbits, give me Short Round.

But let's get Indy rolling or at least an update on what's going on. This is honestly ridiculous how long he's taking with no update to why he's been delayed. Just throw a bone to us, please?

Really! The waiting game for this figure is just old and tired. No news is NOT good news for sure. :confused: I sold my Frodo and Sam to get this Indy. I am counting on it that he will be worth it. :whip Just even a few new gallery pictures would be great. So what's up with Indy Sideshow? Please let us know!

I know this probably means nothing, but he's not listed for the next 30 days in the newsletter. That would mean not a November release if the newsletter can be trusted.

i just saw that too.

MAN OH MAN is this wait getting old. I don't care how sweet the figure is. When he gets here, I'm just gunna be so damned pissed that all my excitement has gone.

Wow, that is VERY disappointing that he's not showing up in the newsletter at all. Has anyone called or e-mailed Sideshow for an explanation? The site still says he'll be available in November. :confused:

I'm going to call or e-mail Sideshow myself soon. I was just wondering if anyone has already and has heard something...anything. Thanks! :D

I know there must be a lot going on behind the scenes with this figure that is causing the delays, but I just can't understand the silence on it - it's creating hostility towards SSC. Say, for example, it's an issue with the production of the Prometheus...just tell us that, and you'll likely get a raft of comments along the lines of "that sucks, but thanks for the update", "must be hard finding reliable factories in this climate", "good to know you're trying to give us the best product you can". Sure, maybe SS don't want to publicly state that they are (for example) having problems with a supplier/painters/whatever, but at this point that's gotta be preferable to people actually being pissed at SS themselves?

I know there must be a lot going on behind the scenes with this figure that is causing the delays, but I just can't understand the silence on it - it's creating hostility towards SSC. Say, for example, it's an issue with the production of the Prometheus...just tell us that, and you'll likely get a raft of comments along the lines of "that sucks, but thanks for the update", "must be hard finding reliable factories in this climate", "good to know you're trying to give us the best product you can". Sure, maybe SS don't want to publicly state that they are (for example) having problems with a supplier/painters/whatever, but at this point that's gotta be preferable to people actually being pissed at SS themselves?

Good point there. Communication is key in any relationship, whether it's husband/wife or distributor/customer.

Let's just hold off until after Nov 15, Guys. I mentioned earlier SSC may well send a 15 Day notice as late as Nov 14 and these will still ship in November.

If they don't, then I think we all have good reason to ask what the hold up is.

Without having been told anything I would say thats the exact reason. People get way to personal here with their critiques of items and the people working at SS. I can't blame them.

There are people who get personal over the critics even when they are being constructive and mature.

SS must be doing something to the body -- maybe the new body has loose joints like the armored one and they're working it out.

Someone here said the figure wasn't scheduled until November anyway, so if that's the case then there's been no delay.

I think it just seems like a long time because nothing new has been offered to keep us busy.

But fortunately Brant said there's more figures to come... so that's great news!

I think part of the pain of waiting on this figure is that, except for the PF, this is probably the best Indy product out there right now, of Indy himself. I haven't been and Indy fan as long as most of the folks in here, but I've been eager for this figure ever since I saw the film and when I finally saw the original 3 movies, I was so inspired to make my work with a good Indy figure, and I'm just really dying to do that. The wait probably wouldn't be as hard if the market were full of more high end, good quality Indy pieces to satisfy in between, but it's a bit dry so this is like the last hope to get something really nice since GG, Koto and Medi seem to be dissappointments for most around here it seems.

SS must be doing something to the body -- maybe the new body has loose joints like the armored one and they're working it out.

Someone here said the figure wasn't scheduled until November anyway, so if that's the case then there's been no delay.

I think it just seems like a long time because nothing new has been offered to keep us busy.

But fortunately Brant said there's more figures to come... so that's great news!

Actually it's been delayed at least 2 times (I think). The pre-order initially stated Q3 (I even want to say Q2, but I don't think that's right so giving them the benefit of the doubt), which was then revised to Sept or Oct, and revised again most recently to November. Even if we do get a 14 day notice in mid-Feb like pjam suggested, I still think we're justified in asking what the hold up has been - these guys went up for order on February 20 - 9 months is a bit of a joke.

Back