12" Indy In Adventure Gear: Raiders Version Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this Prometheus body is loose I'm switching Indy over to a Truetype :rock

That's one plus, assuming the clothing rests properly on the TT, a bad base body can be remedied easily this way, and because the neck adapter should be the same, you can take the neck off the Pro from Indy and use it on the TT, that way the skin tone still matches.

It'll be a good test if Indy's face and base body skin tones match well, HT's been a bit iffy with this area for some reason, but the Hobbits match and if Indy does, it'll be promising for Sideshow.

I don't know if there's another body out there which uses the same ball connection for the neck as HT TrueType.

I know that the Saturday Toys body...the one that comes with the Men's Suit Series...is compatible with the HT neck. I actually have one for sale.

Of course, that would mean that one would need to get ahold of both the body and a Hot Toys neck, but at least it's another option. I wish I had a Giles so I could try the suit out on for size.

If you also have the neck-piece the BBI G3/G3.5 can mount an HT-style head; this body is a bit smaller than the Truetype also. The hand connectors are very different, though.

Yeah, gotta do some looking or see if I can't mod the buck some other way.

Josh, I'd explore this BBI body option, may not be the best hands and all on the figure, don't know much about BBI, but I think that'll be your best, if not only option. If you take off the neck adapter from the Buck, you could probably mod some material to hold an HT neck onto the Buck body and put the Indy head on that, but you'd be limited to basically posing the neck one way and just picking a look for the figure and leaving it that way for good.

I've warned Josh, the Giles costuming doesn't fit well on the TrueType body, I have the costume and tried putting it on a TT to see what my Bruce Wayne would look like some day, it didn't work right. I don't know if there's another body out there which uses the same ball connection for the neck as HT TrueType.

Were you guessing? It fits fine on my TrueType. I thought the jacket would be a bit tight, but it's fine as well. If need be, I'll post pics to prove it.

Were you guessing? It fits fine on my TrueType I thought the jacket would be a bit tight, but it's fine as well. If need be, I'll post pics to prove it.

No, I fully dressed my TT and the fit was bad, couldn't wear the vest, really just didn't look good at all.

Please share pics of the nude base body and clothed though, be curious to see what yours looks like as well as comparing bodies.

No, I fully dressed my TT and the fit was bad, couldn't wear the vest, really just didn't look good at all.

Were you using a Muscle Body? I really don't understand how it couldn't fit. I originally had it on the M85 Rambo (it fit fine there) but switched it to the TrueType Caucasian when my order from HK came in. The suit, vest included, fit perfectly fine. The only issue I had was the shoes, but I ordered some Dragon dress shoes from MonkeyDepot to fix that.

Standard HT TT Caucasian. Maybe there's inconsistency from the SSC fabrication on Giles, that's not out of the question, and perhaps I just have a smaller, tigher suit.

I'm really on pins and needles about the paint apps. Knowing this is a Seminal Iconic Figure in a Celebrated and much anticipated line I am guessing SSC took extra care in ensuring the paint apps are exemplary...

Best paint house, strict oversight, etc.

But I'm getting visions of "worm" eyebrows, etc. I hope I'm not being paranoid, it's just that Trevor's sculpt absolutely needs the very best.

There is no telling whether SSC will release prod piece pics, but if they are very proud of it, and ity is a home run piece, I would think they would...

If not, don't expect to see them before the figure is released.

Josh, I'd explore this BBI body option, may not be the best hands and all on the figure, don't know much about BBI, but I think that'll be your best, if not only option. If you take off the neck adapter from the Buck, you could probably mod some material to hold an HT neck onto the Buck body and put the Indy head on that, but you'd be limited to basically posing the neck one way and just picking a look for the figure and leaving it that way for good.

I will do that but if I have to just put it on and leave it thats fine too. I don't really change the poses on my figures anyways.

Here ya go, see why I don't understand why it doesn't fit? Josh, there's no need to modify a buck, the TrueType works perfectly and will be more in scale with the Prometheus. MaulFan, I'd doublecheck to make sure it's a TrueType Caucasian relaunch. This is the body I used: (HotToys Caucasian TrueType)

ProfIndyOutfit.jpg
ProfIndyBody.jpg

Excuse the socks. I had to leave him with some dignity. :p

Last edited:
I wanted to make an Indy in German soldier disguise, but can't find anything like the movie.

Back