1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll just treat it as battle damage, just the same way I treat any of my other figures with minor(or acceptable) defects.
Defects albeit minor, it's kind of annoying with my OCD behaviour :cuckoo: :lol

then ask something from 1000toys.

Haha, that's right! :cool:

you can also touch up that scratch easily.

then ask something from 1000toys. you can also touch up that scratch easily.

Not worth the hassle to contact 1000toys on the small scratch. A thorn I can live with.

Do you mean touch up as in paint? That's an easy fix visually... Although texture wise, the depth of the scratch would be still there (as it's a scratch on the material surface itself, rather on just the paint only).

Anyway, what about you? Will you fix the paint scratch on your figure yourself or contact 1000toys? Maybe just leave it as is?

Not worth the hassle to contact 1000toys on the small scratch. A thorn I can live with.

Do you mean touch up as in paint? That's an easy fix visually... Although texture wise, the depth of the scratch would be still there (as it's a scratch on the material surface itself, rather on just the paint only).

Anyway, what about you? Will you fix the paint scratch on your figure yourself or contact 1000toys? Maybe just leave it as is?

no because my scratch is beneath the knee cap, even if i touch it up or get 1000toys to fix it it will still scratch if i pose them kneeling etc.

regarding the scratch, if you have steady hands you can use really thin needle to add the paint on the paint should be able to fill up majority of the scratch. because paints are usually gloss and that part is matte, you should either mix it with clear flat powder or dry brush it.

I went to pick up my delivery today, and found that only one of the two I paid for arrived. Not the best news, and my mood got worse when I opened the figure, because of course the quality is worse than the early releases, like everyone has been saying. And then I tried posing it...

IMG_20170117_165251.jpg
IMG_20170117_165322.jpg
IMG_20170117_170200.jpg

How many toys do all of us have like this? I can think of any pose and it's totally doable in just a couple of minutes, max. If I want the very best materials and in-hand feel, I will go elsewhere. I bought this because I wanted a figure I could literally display, on a bare shelf, balancing on one leg. And this is it!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

You said the quality is worst? Like how? Only I have the first release to compare. it seems ok to me, but now I am not sure. haha

Everyone's saying the figure is worse than the first release in terms of finish and paint. I don't have the first release to compare, only the SDCC test body, which I think is a little nicer but not too big a difference. I think materials quality is a little worse, but the toy is still amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Well, to me I have to say it is pretty good. It can pose any thing I can thing of. So far, I am satisfy with the purchase.

no because my scratch is beneath the knee cap, even if i touch it up or get 1000toys to fix it it will still scratch if i pose them kneeling etc.

regarding the scratch, if you have steady hands you can use really thin needle to add the paint on the paint should be able to fill up majority of the scratch. because paints are usually gloss and that part is matte, you should either mix it with clear flat powder or dry brush it.

Ah, I see... Thanks for the advice on the fix!

Ah, I see... Thanks for the advice on the fix!

also if you are worried you mess up the paint, you can always fill the scratch up with transparent paint, then get a color matching color pencil and rub on the scratch, you can easily wipe off the excess. remember to use the sides not the pointy edge.

finally got the chance to wrap up the Kokto body after so long. The feet already have some stains from the shoes, the body still haven't gotten any stains so i though i'd just wrap it up with plastic wrappers.

for some reason i'm starting to feel Kokto body looks better than the original Synthetic, maybe because it's matte & more colorful and also comes with some shadings to make it more realistic.

still have Anti Carb to wrap up, those were older hope not much stains going on but i don't really bother about them as they have chicken feet.

Never like the Anti Carb because of their chicken feet.

So, after reading biomega turned out it was just another manga with cool edgy designs for shonen and the usual wacky story to differentiate itself from other mangas, I'm not sure I want to buy those 1/12th figs now that I think I don't like this franchise.

Action was fantastic though, but that's about it, also got tired of the undefined rough style of the art throughout the entire thing, it was cool at times but it ended up feeling more like a webcomic or a storyboard rather than a professional finished work, I went through other of his works to see if it was just Biomega, but nope, that's the dude's style, sketchy and rough, comes across as lazy even, when depicting landscapes.

So, after reading biomega turned out it was just another manga with cool edgy designs for shonen and the usual wacky story to differentiate itself from other mangas, I'm not sure I want to buy those 1/12th figs now that I think I don't like this franchise.

Action was fantastic though, but that's about it, also got tired of the undefined rough style of the art throughout the entire thing, it was cool at times but it ended up feeling more like a webcomic or a storyboard rather than a professional finished work, I went through other of his works to see if it was just Biomega, but nope, that's the dude's style, sketchy and rough, comes across as lazy even, when depicting landscapes.

most of us don't know about Bioomega or Blame. we just buy the toys because they are superior products. anyway this figure only took some design cues from the series and used the Toa Industries & designer's name that is all to it.

i have yet read any of those comics.

Funny
I read all his comic books before buying this line. and I loved most of them.
Now I'm curious what other graphic novel style you like so far.
I'm also curious what language version you read them?
If you don't like them after reading his comics, you can always sell your collection to me dirt cheap :p

most of us don't know about Bioomega or Blame. we just buy the toys because they are superior products. anyway this figure only took some design cues from the series and used the Toa Industries & designer's name that is all to it.

i have yet read any of those comics.
Superior to what?

I don't like to buy toys just because they look cool, I've done it before and since there's no emotional attachment then I end up not caring about the toy quickly, however cool it is.

Personally, I like my toys to be about stuff I like, right now I don't have a single doll that isn't about something I like substantially, I don't like fat in my life.

Funny
I read all his comic books before buying this line. and I loved most of them.
Now I'm curious what other graphic novel style you like so far.
I'm also curious what language version you read them?
If you don't like them after reading his comics, you can always sell your collection to me dirt cheap :p
Funny how?

What did you like about it?

I love all kinds of GN's (like 70% comics and 30% manga), just not this one, it was dry and trite, like most shonen mangas, and the art/designs didn't help, the dude is great with action though, but it got a little repetitive by the end, I also appreciated that it was light on the reading and easy to follow.

I read it in English, don't tell me that affects anything because nah, don't know what localization though, translation/dialogue wasn't bad so it wasn't that.

I'd sooner let it ramp up in price and sell it to some fool, which would undoubtedly happen if I bought it. :lol

Superior to what?

I don't like to buy toys just because they look cool, I've done it before and since there's no emotional attachment then I end up not caring about the toy quickly, however cool it is.

Personally, I like my toys to be about stuff I like, right now I don't have a single doll that isn't about something I like substantially, I don't like fat in my life.

Funny how?

I love all kinds of GN's (like 70% comics and 30% manga), just not this one, it was dry and trite, like most shonen mangas, and the art/designs didn't help, the dude is great with action though, but it got a little repetitive by the end, I also appreciated that it was light on the reading and easy to follow.

I read it in English, don't tell me that affects anything because nah, don't know what localization though, translation/dialogue wasn't bad so it wasn't that.

I'd sooner let it ramp up in price and sell it to some fool, which would undoubtedly happen if I bought it. :lol

superior to what? the bare body pretty much superior than anything you can find in the 1/6 market that aren't custom made.

i guess you collect stuffs you felt attached to, whether it's toys or something else, while many of us buy what we like, we don't need a comic book or TV show to do the job.

for us we like the human robot theme like Terminator, Blade Runner, A.I thingy, so we don't need another comic book to make the toy feel alive. it looks pretty much alive to me, especially when you have the bland face mask removed.

Funny how?

I find it funny because of the different approach to this figure line.

-I went from manga to figure - the proportion and style of the figure became more realistic than original manga art, but I still like them because they kept his unique art style.

-On the other hand, you liked the figure first and assumed your own version of graphic concept art. but the manga didn't fit into that image and now you lost interest in the figure line.

That's why I asked your favorite art style.
I liked the original manga because I was getting tired of typical Japanese manga style at the time, and his new style was so fresh and unique. and it fit sci-fi/horror genre so well.

If you like 70% comics and 30% manga, I'm sure it's not for you (yet)

Reading translated writing, of course' has big impact on everything. You wouldn't believe how stupid it sounds when you watch English voice acted Anime or Japanese (or any other language) dubbed Hollywood movies. (its improved over time, but still..)
That goes same for manga or graphic novel.

Not to brag about it, but I do speak many languages. So, I can say it with quite certainly in this case.
For selling your toys, I was kidding. I don't buy same one twice. You do what you want to do.

superior to what? the bare body pretty much superior than anything you can find in the 1/6 market that aren't custom made.
That's why I don't collect 1/6th, but uber articulated figures aren't anything new in 1/12 and most import companies have engineering this good or better, it's the standard really.

i guess you collect stuffs you felt attached to, whether it's toys or something else, while many of us buy what we like, we don't need a comic book or TV show to do the job.

for us we like the human robot theme like Terminator, Blade Runner, A.I thingy, so we don't need another comic book to make the toy feel alive. it looks pretty much alive to me, especially when you have the bland face mask removed.
I guess I should correct, I don't collect figures solely on emotional attachment but intellectual attachment too, if I like the concept I'll buy the figure, it's not about the toy being "alive" for me :lol (what?)

I also like the robot-ish theme, that's why I have Terminator, Henrietta from Gunslinger Girl, and similar characters.

they kept his unique art style.
But they kinda didn't, if you mean the design then they kept it but the design itself is not unique, now the art style? That didn't translate into the figure and that's a good thing, see 3A figures, Ashley Wood's art style DID translate into the figures there.

-On the other hand, you liked the figure first and assumed your own version of graphic concept art. but the manga didn't fit into that image and now you lost interest in the figure line.
Pretty much, I expected something more original and better realized.

That's why I asked your favorite art style.
I don't have a favorite art style, I couldn't pick one artist or one style, I just don't like the rushed pencils of this guy, like I said it looks like a rough sketch.

I liked the original manga because I was getting tired of typical Japanese manga style at the time, and his new style was so fresh and unique. and it fit sci-fi/horror genre so well.
But, what is so fresh or unique? That's why I didn't like it, it's another niche dark shonen manga.

Sci-fi horror? This ain't sci-fi horror :lol I consume sci-fi horror often and this ain't it. I've come to realize that sci-fi just isn't good in modern eastern comics, it used to be, but it's all very generic and derivative nowadays.

If you like 70% comics and 30% manga, I'm sure it's not for you (yet)
But why? :lol it's not like there's some cultural barrier, there's more culturalisms in SOL mangas/animes than in Biomega.

I love French comics, I've read German impressionist comics, American-non superhero comics, superhero comics, horror manga, classic pre-2000's manga which is my favorite (check my sig) so it's not like I'm out of my league here.

And Sci-fi is my favorite thing, Biomega has some nice sci-fi concepts, but that's about it.

Reading translated writing, of course' has big impact on everything. You wouldn't believe how stupid it sounds when you watch English voice acted Anime or Japanese (or any other language) dubbed Hollywood movies. (its improved over time, but still..)

That goes same for manga or graphic novel.
Nope, it's not so, English dubs? Sure, they kill the mood, but not read translations. Especially when fan translation are MUCH better than professional localizations, especially when they include footnotes and everything (not a single footnote in Biomega btw). So it's not like anything is lost in translation here.

Not to brag about it, but I do speak many languages. So, I can say it with quite certainly in this case.
English is not my mother tongue, you know? :lol

don't want to derail the topic too much since it's about figure - not the comic.

-I'd suggest starting with 'Blame' or 'Noise' and continue to Biomega - since 'Blame' or 'Noise' is kinda the first that described the concept of his manga world, but I guess you wouldn't go back and read them now.

-his style was considered brave new wave ( at least in Japan at the time)

-I meant Art design concept, not style. If they make CG Anime out of Blame or Bio-mega, it would become more realistic and somewhat like this figure line.

-I don't see the point of talking about art style favoritism since it's just personal preference. I think I got the answers I was looking for.

don't want to derail the topic too much since it's about figure - not the comic.
Oh ok, fair enough, didn't think it was off topic.

-I'd suggest starting with 'Blame' or 'Noise' and continue to Biomega - since 'Blame' or 'Noise' is kinda the first that described the concept of his manga world, but I guess you wouldn't go back and read them now.
I kind of want to and kinda don't :lol most likely I'll revisit them later on.

Although I don't think any reading order is necessary for Biomega, everything is pretty well self-contained.

-his style was considered brave new wave ( at least in Japan at the time)
I usually don't trust Japanese trends to tell me about good manga/anime, considering they appear to get worse every year.

Well, to each their own, and it is a pretty cool figure, I'd be lying if I said I don't want it, but there are other figures of stuff I do like that I don't think I'll have the money to spare on this.

Back