1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

That's why I don't collect 1/6th, but uber articulated figures aren't anything new in 1/12 and most import companies have engineering this good or better, it's the standard really.

I'd dispute this, honestly. I agree that engineering on imports is often excellent, but these guys can do much crazier stuff than, say, your average SHF, and that's because of the actual sculpt and not just the engineering. The Synth body is so skinny that there's very little bulk to get in the way of poses, so it ends up being able to do more than even well-engineered imports. All that to say:

View attachment 202442 my guy is waiting for his mates. yeah, just chillin' there.

What other figure can balance in a pose like that?

Obviously you're entitled to buy what you want, but I just wanted to emphasise that, as far as I'm aware, these guys are the kings of articulation :wink1:

And it makes sense, too. 1000Toys is a sub-brand of Sentinel, and they do pretty much all of the most impressive engineering you see on imported figures.

Obviously you're entitled to buy what you want, but I just wanted to emphasise that, as far as I'm aware, these guys are the kings of articulation :wink1:

And it makes sense, too. 1000Toys is a sub-brand of Sentinel, and they do pretty much all of the most impressive engineering you see on imported figures.

that new revo spidey better articulation than these

I'd dispute this, honestly. I agree that engineering on imports is often excellent, but these guys can do much crazier stuff than, say, your average SHF, and that's because of the actual sculpt and not just the engineering. The Synth body is so skinny that there's very little bulk to get in the way of poses, so it ends up being able to do more than even well-engineered imports. All that to say:
That's what I'm saying engineering is up to standard, even if not the benchmark, and of obviously it's due to the sculpt as well, that goes without saying.

What other figure can balance in a pose like that?
Really?

Lots of them, any figure with firm enough joints actually.

Specifically any 3A body can do that. Hell I have a Microman Superman that can do that :lol

Maybe in 1/6th. Nothing really groundbreaking in smaller scales.

Huh? The most expensive engineering, sure.

Yep, pretty much any skinny revo.

Maybe not better but right up there.

the difference being that I have a miserable time posing revoltech figures because it feels like I'm fighting the joints the whole time. That's probably just personal, though. You're right; these aren't the best-articulated out there.

Lots of them, any figure with firm enough joints actually.

Specifically any 3A body can do that. Hell I have a Microman Superman that can do that :lol

Depends on what you mean by 'doing that.' It's possible for the figure to stand on one hand, sure, but I doubt it looks as natural pulling it off. If we're going to talk actual features, I've never seen a three-segment ab section on another figure, and the large amounts of tilt in the midsection allow it to pose more naturally in weird positions than most things. But you're right, other 1/6 figures can do the same basic thing. Even a 3A body, although last time I checked those had become nearly too floppy to stand up by themselves, let alone do a handstand. But a TrueType, or a DAM body, I could see that.

the difference being that I have a miserable time posing revoltech figures because it feels like I'm fighting the joints the whole time. That's probably just personal, though. You're right; these aren't the best-articulated out there.
I don't get this, I hear this all the time but I find Revos pose themselves :lol

Depends on what you mean by 'doing that.' It's possible for the figure to stand on one hand, sure, but I doubt it looks as natural pulling it off. If we're going to talk actual features, I've never seen a three-segment ab section on another figure, and the large amounts of tilt in the midsection allow it to pose more naturally in weird positions than most things. But you're right, other 1/6 figures can do the same basic thing. Even a 3A body, although last time I checked those had become nearly too floppy to stand up by themselves, let alone do a handstand. But a TrueType, or a DAM body, I could see that.
Not really, I never tried it with a 3A figure but I used to have my Fighting JC on a kicking pose with the leg all the way up top standing on its own and it looked awesome.

As far as standing on one hand I have no doubt I can do that with say Cyborg Ninja, in fact I believe I've seen in in the ACBA group once, I am certain I have seen it with several ML Spideys, which may be stone age when it comes to engineering but they have decent articulation.

You're right about the 3 part abdomen, I've seen it, but it's rare, sure it's a nice adition and the fact that it's a robot helps pulling it off.

I've been lucky with my 3A figures and they're not loose, but I've had one or two that have been loose.

Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a couple synthetics, I guess the time will come when they ask me for payment and then I'll decide if I cancel my PO or not :lol should come out soon right?

They should, yeah. Where did you preorder from? As far as I'm aware 1000Toys took payment for the 1/6 reissue up front, but maybe they changed something.

They should, yeah. Where did you preorder from? As far as I'm aware 1000Toys took payment for the 1/6 reissue up front, but maybe they changed something.
Yeah 1000Toys takes payment upfront but I POd from HLJ.

It went up for PO in both HLJ and Amiami, they're sold out now I think, but it was a good 2 or 3 months that the PO was open. I ordered 2 myself.

If you're looking to place an order, chances are they will reopen it when it releases as they usually end up with over-stock from cancelled pre-orders so they have some extra.

I had no idea they were carrying them; that's cool. I ordered two of the reissue from 1000Toys but only one arrived, and I'm still figuring out what happened to the other one with customer service. If I like them, maybe I'll add another couple from amiami later. Thank you! :)

I beg to differ. Their QC on non Synthetic Human products are generally horrible. Design is great, Quality Control & Material option is worse than Hasbro. You can check out their expensive Diecast Robot Lines with folks breaking an arm & an leg the moment they started posing it right out of the box. and their After Sales service is mediocre at best.

I don't get this, I hear this all the time but I find Revos pose themselves :lol

Not really, I never tried it with a 3A figure but I used to have my Fighting JC on a kicking pose with the leg all the way up top standing on its own and it looked awesome.

As far as standing on one hand I have no doubt I can do that with say Cyborg Ninja, in fact I believe I've seen in in the ACBA group once, I am certain I have seen it with several ML Spideys, which may be stone age when it comes to engineering but they have decent articulation.

You're right about the 3 part abdomen, I've seen it, but it's rare, sure it's a nice adition and the fact that it's a robot helps pulling it off.

I've been lucky with my 3A figures and they're not loose, but I've had one or two that have been loose.

Well, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want a couple synthetics, I guess the time will come when they ask me for payment and then I'll decide if I cancel my PO or not :lol should come out soon right?

I have yet seen the Revoltech Spidey so i can't comment on it's superiority, however based on older revoltechs, they have high poseability but really depends on which figure, obviously the lighter & simpler ones will have less obstruction on the articulation, but the way the joints are, they aren't really that strong & firm, so even if you can pose them 1 leg or 1 handed, it takes alot of tries and you might need to reinforce the joints, because the plastics used are slightly flexible.

i don't get why you say smaller figures has better articulation, because the smaller the figure the harder it is to add more joints & the joints need to be compact, the only reason why you would say so would probably be due to figures designed purely for articulation and sacrifice lots of aesthetic, like the Microman, they aren't really aesthetic. i bet you a 1/6 microman would be able to achieve much better articulation than the 3.75" micromans, due to higher profit margin they can invest in better designs.

anyway, since the market rate for these guys already went up, would be no harm if you canceled all of them but 1 so you can check them out physically, and should you really find no love for them, many folks here whom missed the order looking for one. you make some small bucks, folks get their figure.

also skinny doesn't always mean better articulation, Medicom body is around the same size as these, their articulation is probably 2nd or 3rd best in the 1/6, but far behind these.

anyway i'm probably done with Toa Industries and done here. maybe i'll drop back when the suit guy is announced.

*PS, 3A body is horrible. can't even stand on their own without a stand or stuffing tissue papers in their joints.

I had no idea they were carrying them; that's cool. I ordered two of the reissue from 1000Toys but only one arrived, and I'm still figuring out what happened to the other one with customer service. If I like them, maybe I'll add another couple from amiami later. Thank you! :)
No problem, hope you get the remaining one soon.

I beg to differ. Their QC on non Synthetic Human products are generally horrible. Design is great, Quality Control & Material option is worse than Hasbro. You can check out their expensive Diecast Robot Lines with folks breaking an arm & an leg the moment they started posing it right out of the box. and their After Sales service is mediocre at best.
Wow really?

But that's due to the factory process, not the engineering/design of the figure itself.

No problem, hope you get the remaining one soon.

Wow really?

But that's due to the factory process, not the engineering/design of the figure itself.

material selection, is part of the engineering & design. factory process, is also part of the production engineering. also their metal joints tend to break often, you can't blame the factory process as it's no different from blaming the buildings should a metal bridge collapse. factory should be blamed if proven they did not follow according to the engineering designs & manufacturing process.

I have yet seen the Revoltech Spidey so i can't comment on it's superiority, however based on older revoltechs, they have high poseability but really depends on which figure, obviously the lighter & simpler ones will have less obstruction on the articulation, but the way the joints are, they aren't really that strong & firm, so even if you can pose them 1 leg or 1 handed, it takes alot of tries and you might need to reinforce the joints, because the plastics used are slightly flexible.
You don't need to reinforce them :lol hell older Revos were ratcheted, and it doesn't take many tries really.

i don't get why you say smaller figures has better articulation, because the smaller the figure the harder it is to add more joints & the joints need to be compact, the only reason why you would say so would probably be due to figures designed purely for articulation and sacrifice lots of aesthetic, like the Microman, they aren't really aesthetic. i bet you a 1/6 microman would be able to achieve much better articulation than the 3.75" micromans, due to higher profit margin they can invest in better designs.
Whenever achieving great articulation you *always* sacrifice sculpt, which is why this robot design is ideal for it as it doesn't have sculpted clothes or muscles, doesn't mean any other figure can't have such articulation, and since 1/6 focuses on looks, that's why they usually have bad articulation.

That's why smaller figures have better articulation, it's not about the size of the figure.

There was a kickstarter for a skeleton figure that had way better range of motion than these :lol
anyway, since the market rate for these guys already went up, would be no harm if you canceled all of them but 1 so you can check them out physically, and should you really find no love for them, many folks here whom missed the order looking for one. you make some small bucks, folks get their figure.
Yeah :lol haven't cancelled my PO because of this.

also skinny doesn't always mean better articulation, Medicom body is around the same size as these, their articulation is probably 2nd or 3rd best in the 1/6, but far behind these.
When you have standard import engineering, skinny does absolutely mean better articulation.

*PS, 3A body is horrible. can't even stand on their own without a stand or stuffing tissue papers in their joints.
I can deny this, I've had 3 1/6th 3A figures, and like 10 Action Portable, and I've only had one or 2 loose figures, like I said I used to keep my Fighting JC on a kicking pose.

material selection, is part of the engineering & design. factory process, is also part of the production engineering. also their metal joints tend to break often, you can't blame the factory process as it's no different from blaming the buildings should a metal bridge collapse. factory should be blamed if proven they did not follow according to the engineering designs & manufacturing process.
Nope, it's part of the process of making the toy, but it's not part of the engineering and certainly not part of the design.

Nope, it's not so, English dubs? Sure, they kill the mood, but not read translations. Especially when fan translation are MUCH better than professional localizations, especially when they include footnotes and everything (not a single footnote in Biomega btw). So it's not like anything is lost in translation here.
English is not my mother tongue, you know? :lol

This. I don't agree at all. I can't just pass this one.
How can you tell if anything is lost in translation if you don't know the original meaning? Sometimes fansub is better than pro-translated - sure.
but it makes me laugh when I see translated manga. I see they did their best in all kinds of ways (footnote included) but it's just impossible to get it correctly.
just no way.

OK bought one, at first I was like hmmm I think I spent too much on the figure. However, when I started paying around it and posing him I was quickly smiling, and have a great time thinking of how I could use this for my art. The only gripe is I wish it had articulated hands, then again this was never designed as a mannequin for artist so I can live with that.

OK bought one, at first I was like hmmm I think I spent too much on the figure. However, when I started paying around it and posing him I was quickly smiling, and have a great time thinking of how I could use this for my art. The only gripe is I wish it had articulated hands, then again this was never designed as a mannequin for artist so I can live with that.

there's only 3 types of articulated hands, a:flexible rubber hands, b:gundam like hands with 3 points of articulation on each finger, c:semi articulated like those on Transformers (2nd to 5th fingers open close together thumb has own joint).

This. I don't agree at all. I can't just pass this one.
How can you tell if anything is lost in translation if you don't know the original meaning? Sometimes fansub is better than pro-translated - sure.
but it makes me laugh when I see translated manga. I see they did their best in all kinds of ways (footnote included) but it's just impossible to get it correctly.
just no way.
Because footnotes? Whenever there's something that needs to be addressed they're there. It may lose the original style but not the meaning, the meaning gets across.

If you tell me that there's a cultural concept so alien and so badly misrepresented that it alienates a lifelong manga/americomic/eurocomic reader to the point it affects his opinion of the manga, then I call bull.

Besides, cultural or language barrier has never kept Japanese fiction from resonating in the west.

So no.

If you disagree, what is there in Biomega that could possibly be misinterpreted due to cultural differences that a simple translation can't address?

I'm just saying translation in general.

I'm just saying
'重力子放射線射出装置' translated to 'Gravitational Beam Emitter'
doesn't have the same nuance when I read them.

If you don't read Japanese, how would you possibly know the difference I feel here?

If you think French literature can be perfectly translated into Japanese or even English, then fine - we can stop discuss it.

Back