1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

Any update on the 1\6 reissue?

Last we heard was mid-November, but the earthquake pushed the date out at minimum a week. I'm still hoping they'll ship it by the end of the year, but it's anyone's guess right now.

Has anyone had any luck canceling an order with 1000 Toys? In the last few months since ordering I've decided I'll probably sell on my 1/6 Synthetic Human to free up some funds for other things that will probably be hard to pick up for a reasonable price soon, but these delays are souring that plan. Their policy states they won't accept cancelled orders under any circumstances which doesn't exactly leave much room for negotiation.

Has anyone had any luck canceling an order with 1000 Toys? In the last few months since ordering I've decided I'll probably sell on my 1/6 Synthetic Human to free up some funds for other things that will probably be hard to pick up for a reasonable price soon, but these delays are souring that plan. Their policy states they won't accept cancelled orders under any circumstances which doesn't exactly leave much room for negotiation.

no way since paypal protection period is probably over.

the sales from the synth probably can recover whatever extra cost you have to get i'm sure of that.

howbout selling off somethings you have but don't plan to keep instead?

I'm down to the figures I'll never sell. I've only really purchased Hot Toys stuff, but around the same time at the beginning of July I bought this and something from 3A because, unlike Hot Toys, a seemingly limited production size means preorders get sold out very quickly so I didn't get much time to mull it over. I sent an email to 3A last night just out of curiosity and they replied today unexpectedly agreeing to refund that purchase "ASAP", which is very nice of them. But they didn't seem as strict in their wording regarding cancellations as 1000 toys either.

no way since paypal protection period is probably over.

Wrong. You have 180 days with Paypal.

Has anyone had any luck canceling an order with 1000 Toys?

I'm not cancelling mine, but I ordered my own on the 27th of May, so that's 169 days, if that helps. Within the 180 day Paypal claim period.

I was under the impression that they were making them to-order, which is why they had the "no cancellations" policy. Still, it never hurts to email them and ask. Worst case they say no and you have to go the PayPal dispute route.

I was under the impression that they were making them to-order, which is why they had the "no cancellations" policy. Still, it never hurts to email them and ask. Worst case they say no and you have to go the PayPal dispute route.

if they were made for order and you ignore their no-cancellation policy and went ahead forcing a paypal reversal, how would you feel if you were 1000 toys?

however you have a case because they kept delaying the release, so most likely Paypal will side with you. reversal is not 100%, however you can always get the banks to reverse the payment by force. not sure how it works against paypal or recipient though, might get you blacklisted from paypal.

if they were made for order and you ignore their no-cancellation policy and went ahead forcing a paypal reversal, how would you feel if you were 1000 toys?

however you have a case because they kept delaying the release, so most likely Paypal will side with you. reversal is not 100%, however you can always get the banks to reverse the payment by force. not sure how it works against paypal or recipient though, might get you blacklisted from paypal.

Yeah, I feel like reversals are kind of a jerk move in most cases, which is why I mentioned asking first. I'm pretty sure that the US at least has some sort of consumer protection for when companies take money and don't deliver on their product, but I don't remember the specifics. Personally I'd just wait and sell after it's released, but my situation is probably different.

Edit: Law here: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/bus...s-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order No idea if PayPal needs to follow this law or not. Definitely not a lawyer.

Yeah, I feel like reversals are kind of a jerk move in most cases, which is why I mentioned asking first. I'm pretty sure that the US at least has some sort of consumer protection for when companies take money and don't deliver on their product, but I don't remember the specifics. Personally I'd just wait and sell after it's released, but my situation is probably different.

Edit: Law here: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/bus...s-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order No idea if PayPal needs to follow this law or not. Definitely not a lawyer.

With the UK - so probably similar to the US - if you pay using a credit card you can do a charge-back which is to the discretion of the particular bank, but is more powerful than Paypal. Credit card, not debit card payments are protected. That's why I pay for everything via credit card through Paypal.

For the record, I think people should just be patient though. If you don't want it, sell it on later.

might get you blacklisted from paypal.

Of course it won't. Paypal would have to agree and they have to also stay within the law of charge-backs. There's nothing they can do about that. They must get hundreds of requests and charge-backs every day.

I cancelled an order for a 1/12, no problem. They were very cool and prof.

Facebook update about the shipping date, it's mid December now.

complied directly from the Facebook post.

Delivery Schedule and Address Confirmation for the 1/6 Synthetic Human(Reproduction Ver.) Pre-Order

First of all, we would like to apologize for the continued delay in delivery of the 1/6 Synthetic Human(Reproduction Ver.).

With the influence to our factory from the earthquake in Tottori prefecture which occurred in October 21st, we had to make a decision for another postponement for the delivery schedule.

Delivery for the 1/6 Synthetic Human(Reproduction Ver.) will start sequentially from mid December, 2016.

Also, as we will be preparing the packaging and shipping of the 1/6 Synthetic Human(Reproduction Ver.) soon, we would like to confirm your addresses for the delivery.

If you wish to update your delivery address, please contact us via the inquiry form at our online shop by November 21st(Mon)for us to revise your address information for your order of the 1/6 Synthetic Human(Reproduction Ver.).

■Delivery schedule for the 1/6 Synthetic Human(Reproduction Ver.)
⇒Delivery will start sequentially from mid December, 2016

■Deadline for the delivery address update
⇒November 21st(Mon)

Please note that after November 21st, it will be very difficult for us to update the addresses individually, so please make sure you contact us by the date above.

1000toys

==========

Anyone know what they mean by the orders shipping 'sequentially' from mid December?

My guess is they'll be shipping in the order they received them. If you ordered the first day, you'll get it before someone who waffled and ordered the last day.

1000toys just announced a kickstarter for the 1/12 scale probe from their Izomojuki line.

Seems like an interesting robot.

Attachments

• IZO.jpg
    IZO.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 118
Back