1000toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1000toys - TOA Heavy Industries Synthetic Human

I only entered once, & I don't think I really rushed to enter either. Not sure how they picked, but there do seem to be some clues in what they posted on Facebook.
1000toys said:
Method of Sales
As we managed to prepare only a few number of stocks(*less than 100pcs), the sales will be done by draw like the 2nd run before.

Since most of the summer events where we sold the Test Body were held in North America and Asia regions, you might have a better chance of winning if you’re from regions that these events were not held at.

Of course, that also goes for people who couldn’t get to buy them at the events! We’ll be waiting for some hot comments from you guys since the hot summer isn’t over yet!
Maybe if they liked the comment submitted with your entry, & live someplace it wasn't sold before, chances might be better?

Got picked too, happy to be able to get it.

I only entered once, & I don't think I really rushed to enter either. Not sure how they picked, but there do seem to be some clues in what they posted on Facebook.

Maybe if they liked the comment submitted with your entry, & live someplace it wasn't sold before, chances might be better?

That makes sense, since they basically say that. Still no notice for me. Think I'm out.

Oh well, no doubt they will be making more versions of this guy since its so popular.

Invoice paid.

My purchase has me kinda interested in the Biomega manga now. Reading online .....

Awesome that 1000Toys decided to go ahead and do a lottery for the test body, despite the flipper-angst surrounding they products. You can't let the flippers dictate the rules. I hope that the personalized entry form discouraged at least a few flippers from going through the trouble. If not, so be it. I'm sure though that now, there are quite some happy chaps that managed to get one of these marvelous creations - like me - and that is a good thing. So, congrats on the score I'd say. Really looking forward to this figure to arrive!

The only way to counter flippers is sell enough so there is no point to flip, and the company maximizes their sales, collectors get the items, everyone happy, including the china sweat factories.

But for some reason this company just refuse to produce sufficient amount of items. Is it a way to boost their interest & expose themselves in the market to make them a "Premium" company? I don't know.

I already mentioned it should be no problem to do more runs since
1.Synthetic Human is a base figure
2.There are still many collectors wanting the normal figure
3.The design & mold is already there

I see no reason not to do more runs compare to spending more R&D to produce new figures in the same limited amount.

The Test type is pretty much a pure marketing gimmick. If you see many of them on ebay in the upcoming week, it probably means the lottery system failed.

Awesome that 1000Toys decided to go ahead and do a lottery for the test body, despite the flipper-angst surrounding they products. You can't let the flippers dictate the rules. I hope that the personalized entry form discouraged at least a few flippers from going through the trouble. If not, so be it. I'm sure though that now, there are quite some happy chaps that managed to get one of these marvelous creations - like me - and that is a good thing. So, congrats on the score I'd say. Really looking forward to this figure to arrive!

**** 1000toys and their ****ing draw just produce more.
Yeah i did not win ^^
Gonna sell my original version :)

well i see no reason for them to do so, since their tactic works, and you are so pissed that you couldn't get it despite wanting it so bad, which makes you a sure buy customer in their upcoming latest products.

**** 1000toys and their ****ing draw just produce more.
Yeah i did not win ^^
Gonna sell my original version :)

Hold your horses.
I might should have added smileys.
I have the original, the test version is cool but nothing to be pissed over.
I just hate losing period lol.
I liked the designs but its way too light for my taste, i'll revisit down the line the brand when they release the armored version only.
The next one with a jacket and a short is kinda lame in my eyes even if its cool.

Gonna sold my original to fund my T1 T800 bd.
Already sold it on ebay but **** ebay and paypal with their fees.
Soot me a pm if interested :)

Last edited:

Hold your horses.
I might should have added smileys.
I have the original, the test version is cool but nothing to be pissed over.
I just hate losing period lol.
I liked the designs but its way too light for my taste, i'll revisit down the line the brand when they release the armored version only.
The next one with a jacket and a short is kinda lame in my eyes even if its cool.

Gonna sold my original to fund my T1 T800 bd.
Already sold it on ebay but **** ebay and paypal with their fees.
Soot me a pm if interested :)

you can always put it on amazon, there's also way to go around the ebay fees, and if you are selling locally direct bank transfer would solve your paypal fee problem but that of course leaves no buyer protection program.

Thanks for the tip.
Im fine getting paid by paypal, it was the accumulation of the two that were hard to swallow.
oh and also ebay wanted to force me to use their global ship program, dunno if its was because i havent sold anything with them for a while or just because... they were freezing my paypal money for a month.
screw dat.

Got an email today. 1000toys seems to be sending out payment confirmations now.

I'm looking at the articulation on this and thinking... ya know, slap a spidey suit on that, and you could really achieve some amazing classic Spidey poses.

The possibilities! Ah, maybe one day.

I'm looking at the articulation on this and thinking... ya know, slap a spidey suit on that, and you could really achieve some amazing classic Spidey poses.

The possibilities! Ah, maybe one day.

The thing is the body is bareback, it lacks muscle tone so you'd need to buff him up if you want a better presentation of spiderman. The articulation is by far the best in the market.

Back