1/6th scale supernatural Sam & Dean Winchester

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I even suggested having replica's made by sideshow i practically acted like sideshows pimp on this lol. i said that Sideshow is the lead on horror and Sci-Fi. I called them "idjets" for not doing it sooner.

check out wgp i list their page here somewhere their the best so far on here.

to be honest Sideshow as i explained to kripke is the best company to do supernatural since they are the king of sci fi and horror collectibles. I told them it would be foolish to get hot toys,mattel,and hasbro involved because they will try to change the original nature to the characters. and only do a handful of figures at that. It will take a few months before he actually reads it. I also sub addressed it to jared and jensen since their agents could put pressure on kripke to see that this is done since it is marketing the franchise of supernatural. It's just good business to have figures,statues and props made. as well as music cd's and mp3 files.

to be honest Sideshow as i explained to kripke is the best company to do supernatural since they are the king of sci fi and horror collectibles. I told them it would be foolish to get hot toys,mattel,and hasbro involved because they will try to change the original nature to the characters. and only do a handful of figures at that. It will take a few months before he actually reads it. I also sub addressed it to jared and jensen since their agents could put pressure on kripke to see that this is done since it is marketing the franchise of supernatural. It's just good business to have figures,statues and props made. as well as music cd's and mp3 files.

No offense, but I wouldn't bet on Jared and Jensen reading this, let alone leading to them making figures. Kripke might read it, might even reply if you are lucky. But there are a million factors that go into a company producing 12" figures, and even if your email single handedly convinced all three that it was a good idea, it still doesn't change the fact that a company still needs to agree to make them.

If Sideshow wanted to make the figures; they probably already would have tried to.

Our best bet here is probably going to go the custom route and try and convince Trevor to sculpt them once he returns.

And what do you mean Hot Toys is a poor choice because they will change the characters? Hot Toys making these would be amazing.

my reasoning behind hot toys would be for two reasons... cost and the variety in production. Hot toys probably would do sam and dean maybe bobbie and maybe cass and you might get lucky and get lucifer and alester(2nd wave) but that would be it. no vehicle, the cost would be astronomical etc. this would make sales geared even more twords customs orders because sonone would buy it.

kripke does make the decisions on merchandise and the reason i added jared and jensen is he will need their release on the image for sculpts etc. Also Sideshow has to be approached to do this they can contact kripke and the other producers to get go ahead but they cannot just spontaniously make the figures.

A smart idea would be to schedule a meeting with the producers of supernatural and sideshow present a prototype which im sure WGP would totally do, Id be happy to make the wardrobe for the prototype. I actually have enough fabric that when i make my set to make a prototype set to get supernatural on board.

If you can honestly pull this off, more power too you. But im telling you now that it won't happen. On top of everything else, I looked into this myself years ago, and the company Cinequest (the ones that made those god aweful busts) already have purchased the rights to make "12 figures.

You clearly love the show alot and I don't blame you. I just think you would be alot better off investing that passion in creating your own custom figures. If you put even half the energy you have now into making your own, im sure they will turn out great.

I plan on starting work on mine sometime next year. Ive already started getting a list of parts going.

im currently waiting on the heads being sent to pete to be painted and as soon as I get the heads back im going to start on the wardrobe. The reason I put in the effort is for those who are not aware of WGP or the other customs.

It is a shame that supernatural did that with the company. However if they can't pull of a decent headsculpt it would make their rights be null in void. Im sure it's in a contract that if a better figure is made and that if they can't show a competitive piece they void their own contract. plus cinequest hasn't made anything since 3rd season. I here they used ada's head for a demo for a comic con

. However if they can't pull of a decent headsculpt it would make their rights be null in void. Im sure it's in a contract that if a better figure is made and that if they can't show a competitive piece they void their own contract. plus cinequest hasn't made anything since 3rd season. I here they used ada's head for a demo for a comic con

Not really. Unfortunatly what Cinequest did was perfectly legal and not uncommon.

I emailed the president of the company, and got a reply saying that they would love to make 12" figures but don't have the ability to manufacture them.

Companies do this all the time. Buy the rights to something that they have no ability or even intent to make, just because its worth the price of erasing the competition.

my reasoning behind hot toys would be for two reasons... cost and the variety in production. Hot toys probably would do sam and dean maybe bobbie and maybe cass and you might get lucky and get lucifer and alester(2nd wave) but that would be it. no vehicle, the cost would be astronomical etc. this would make sales geared even more twords customs orders because sonone would buy it.

kripke does make the decisions on merchandise and the reason i added jared and jensen is he will need their release on the image for sculpts etc. Also Sideshow has to be approached to do this they can contact kripke and the other producers to get go ahead but they cannot just spontaniously make the figures.

A smart idea would be to schedule a meeting with the producers of supernatural and sideshow present a prototype which im sure WGP would totally do, Id be happy to make the wardrobe for the prototype. I actually have enough fabric that when i make my set to make a prototype set to get supernatural on board.

More power to you! With your enthusiasm, I'm sure Eric Kripke, Jensen and Jared would be more than happy to give their blessings to make this happen.

I agree that SSC and Kripke should get in touch with eachother and some sort of a deal should be worked out. And there's no reason for them not to issue another licence, Takara and Hasbro SSC and now people like Claibre Toys are putting out Transformer statues and have no conflicting interests.

As long as someone whether it's WGP or SSC themselves put out a decent prototype and a good likeness to the characters, there's no reason that SSC wouldn't work with Kripke and making this work.

When the cast of Supernatural tours North America and sells out conventions with fans paying $450+ for Gold Passes, which is a good indicator of the shows ongoing popularity. Most of us here would gladly pay the same for good quality figures and props from the show.

More power to you! With your enthusiasm, I'm sure Eric Kripke, Jensen and Jared would be more than happy to give their blessings to make this happen.

I agree that SSC and Kripke should get in touch with eachother and some sort of a deal should be worked out. And there's no reason for them not to issue another licence, Takara and Hasbro SSC and now people like Claibre Toys are putting out Transformer statues and have no conflicting interests.

As long as someone whether it's WGP or SSC themselves put out a decent prototype and a good likeness to the characters, there's no reason that SSC wouldn't work with Kripke and making this work.

When the cast of Supernatural tours North America and sells out conventions with fans paying $450+ for Gold Passes, which is a good indicator of the shows ongoing popularity. Most of us here would gladly pay the same for good quality figures and props from the show.

Thanks and i feel the same. and as far as the company who baught the rights to do it if they can't produce a figure that makes the contract null in void. It's in the fine print that if someone presents the owner of supernatural murchandising brand and the other company presents none or of lesser quality they loose the rights. Plus also more than one company can produce it's completly up to the producer's of supernatural.

the people who currently own the rights has not produced anything in a long time and the quality is poor. I smell a buy out.

I'm hoping to attend one this year. :yess:

Not really. Unfortunatly what Cinequest did was perfectly legal and not uncommon.

I emailed the president of the company, and got a reply saying that they would love to make 12" figures but don't have the ability to manufacture them.

Companies do this all the time. Buy the rights to something that they have no ability or even intent to make, just because its worth the price of erasing the competition.

here is an update to your info and cinequest has not owned the rights to supernatural for a few years now they said no-one has picked up the rights and suggested that sideshow contact Warner Brothers Consumer Products if their interested in picking up the rights.

here is an update to your info and cinequest has not owned the rights to supernatural for a few years now they said no-one has picked up the rights and suggested that sideshow contact Warner Brothers Consumer Products if their interested in picking up the rights.

Nice work! :rock

I'm hoping this happens. I won't get my hopes up, but nonetheless, this might actually happen. :lol

Back