Looking for advice on a new 1/6th scale diorama prop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDeKlein

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
hopefully this is the correct thread, and if not im sure the mods will move me to the correct queue

so i am still pretty new to 1/6th scale diorama props and the materials that are used to make them so noob alert. anyways here we go with my question.

I want to take this 001_Container.jpg and turn it into a energy container for my 1/6 scale bounty hunters for a diorama i want to build for them.
My thought process is to model the bumps and grooves on the top and bottom halves with super sculpey
(kind of like of this Ref 002.jpg and/or Ref 001.jpg

make a mold and resin cast the lid and bottom halves, then cut off the bits (corner bits, side armoring, handles) and then cast those in a sprue style so it can be kind of like a kit. i want to make five boxes total, so i figured that would be the easiest way to make multiple parts and then just glue them to the containers i have, then light, paint and voila! i have little lite containers to dress up the set. I'm also still toying with the idea of having the lid split open from the middle, which means i have to figure out inside hinges, i love making things harder for myself.

as a PS i am going to use these little guys i have been collecting from my GF for the canisters that fit inside.
002_Energy Container.jpg a little more like this Ref 003.jpg
thanks again for any insight on where to start, i wanted to sculpt the pieces out of sculpey then throw them in the oven and then just cast those. But when i made a corner piece it wouldn't come off the damn container so i figured i am just going to have to cast them on the thing.

Back