1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow TaunTaun

Or sell it as MIB and put the money towards one of these. You'll get more for it unopened, and it's worth considering how much it will really be worth to you out of the box.

I kept mine in boxes for so long,then realised wth am I doing,and i opened them all.It was like christmas on a loop,good felling.Kept just few of them boxed,the ones i really dont need that much,so I could sell them later MISB.

I've been dragging my feet ordering this. I want to do flex pay (my first) since it's so much, but part of me wants to wait for a coupon, or to accumulate some points (Spookfetst or the Holidays). I'm also hesitant because it's such an enormous beast, by far the biggest collectible I will have or will probably ever get. I figure I'll give myself til around April to decide since it's when the flex pay payments would start.

I've been dragging my feet ordering this. I want to do flex pay (my first) since it's so much, but part of me wants to wait for a coupon, or to accumulate some points (Spookfetst or the Holidays).

There's no sense in ordering this until, at the very earliest, it starts shipping. It won't be in any danger of selling out and by some twisted act of fate, if it were, Sideshow would warn about it in a newsletter. That gives you from now until then to save money and save reward points. It lets you start your Flex Pay after the release date, which gives you even more time to save money. If at the time you intend to order you don't have more than $20 in reward points, you can use a $20 coupon as those are always around. That's a win all around in my books.

All true, although I have a fear that Sideshow learned from their Dewback mistake and will produce less quantities of this one. Or that since the taun taun goes with two major focal figures, Luke and Han, there are now two sets of people now interested and will sell out that much quicker.

Must…Resist…Pre...Or…der….

Or that Sideshow sees that they're pre-ordering very well and then selling very well and makes additional production runs to keep satisfying demand and generating profit. There's that. ;)

Do it Lu. What's the difference? :dunno

Pixelpiper is right in that there will most likely be points coming our way in Spooktacular. This past year I got about $20 from Spooktacular and I wasn't even trying.

Okay okay. I'll hold off. Sideshow usually at least gives us the "low quantity" warning, so I could always jump on the pre-order at that point if it comes to that. I mean, it's been a very long time since anything has sold out right after release, much less before. Things tend to stick around for several months nowadays.

Well, the snow troopers sold out without a low quantity alert. FYI
Oh and even though you have the dew back to reference, there was also the han carbonite, which sold thru. Not trying to push cause I'm procrastinating too!
Awesome contest, UT! Wanna win so bad. :pray:

Last edited:

Well, the snow troopers sold out without a low quantity alert.

But those had been shipping for over 6 months. And I'm pretty sure I saw a warning at the bottom of one of the newsletters. Sideshow is in the business of making money. It doesn't make any sense to sell out before the product even ships. Their more recent releases seem to have no set edition size during pre-order if ever. No one who waits until October to order any of the Hoth stuff is going to be left out.

It almost seems like nowadays anyone ordering directly from Sideshow will get the exclusive version (if there is one) up to when the item first ships. Then at that point they switch to selling only the regular versions for several months, sometimes for over a year.

I ordered the Hoth Luke the other day and will probably get Han too, now I'm almost wanting to get at least one of these for them. Looks pretty cool to me but I'm thinking I'll wait for it to be released and reviews to start coming in. Especially given the $350 price tag.

I'm in the same boat. I have Hoth Han and Luke on order, but I'm waiting on this piece. I think patience will ultimately pay off. Gotta think he'll go on discount or be available with a promo code at some point in the future. If I could get him for under $300 I'd pull the trigger right quick.

I'm in the same boat. I have Hoth Han and Luke on order, but I'm waiting on this piece. I think patience will ultimately pay off. Gotta think he'll go on discount or be available with a promo code at some point in the future. If I could get him for under $300 I'd pull the trigger right quick.

Yeah, this piece could be caught in the crush. By the time it's starting to ship, there will have been another few HT reveals, and Han/Chewy getting ready to ship. Might be some good deals on this in a year's time... though the Probe Droid didn't work out that way.:lol

Back