1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow TaunTaun

was there an exclusive version ?

I'm pretty interested to see how the seam will look for the swap out heads. From the photos on Sideshow's site I really can't see the seam, but I find it hard to believe they were able to get a swap out head to look that good.

Thanks.. I am really tempted to getting this .. I still have a $60 credit since ever on my account... but maybe I hold off until the first in hand pictures

Now that we've got a furred Chewy coming, a furred Tauntaun would have been pretty damn cool. And Chewy's articulated - a Taun would have been a whole lot bigger, but easier because its a statue.

Now that we've got a furred Chewy coming, a furred Tauntaun would have been pretty damn cool. And Chewy's articulated - a Taun would have been a whole lot bigger, but easier because its a statue.

I'll wait for the Hot Toys Tauntaun - articulated and furred with PERS.

Re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow TaunTaun

...and people thought $350 was bad.

It's truly incredible that you'll have a choice of buying a massive, fully loaded with swap-out head polystone Tauntaun with mixed-media saddle and gear for $350, or a bare-bones Luke X-Wing for only about $100 less.

Interesting that the neck seam on the Taun doesn't show up on any of the earlier promo pics.

Good news is, maybe this is a production piece, bad news is maybe this is a production piece.

Toy-Soul-2014-Sideshow-002.jpg

I love the Dewback and have been anxiously waiting to get this Taun Taun with Han. If the neck seam is going to be that visible, however, it will be really disappointing - probably even a deal breaker for me. I'll keep my fingers crossed this is not the final piece.

wow that seam is very obvious !!! How dare them to Photoshop it in their pictures on the website.. this is almost false advertising to be honest ...

Well I wait to place my order for sure and see in hand pictures first

False advertising? I suppose if the complete absence of a seam where there would obviously be a seam led people to believe that the seam would be invisible, you have a perfectly valid point. You can disregard the SDCC pictures that showed the piece long before there were any pictures posted on their website. You can disregard all of the production shots they made available to the public. You can disregard any and all standards of reasonable expectation.

It is there in the SDCC imagery, not in the product page imagery. Maybe photoshopped, maybe bondo.:lol

Maybe prototype unmodified for the switch-out feature.

Last edited:

False advertising? I suppose if the complete absence of a seam where there would obviously be a seam led people to believe that the seam would be invisible, you have a perfectly valid point.

Not if falsifying the absence of a seam in advertising was considered a perfectly valid way to render invisible the desire to make the seam seem less important.:dunno

Back