1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow TaunTaun

Agreed. People in this hobby seem to have such unrealistic expectations when it comes to price. Only way this is even close to affordable is because of SSC's economy of scale. Had to laugh when someone hoped for a custom artist to make one cheaper than Sideshow. Check out the custom section, sometime. A Kato Joker jacket is $700.00, or a Ledger Joker HS $350.00, or a Beto or Rainman figure for $1200.00+. People need to get realistic about how much it costs to produce this stuff and keep the company going.

I love this thing. Its the first time I've ever seriously considered buying a statue. I think the Luke/Taun Taun combo looks really cool. If in for these two than Im most certainly in for Han. I'd only buy one Taun Taun though and display them something similar to what we saw at SDCC. Ill just switch Han and Luke out from time to time.

A couple questions to those that collect statues and/or own the 1/6 counterparts like the Dewback:

1. Is this price comparable to other statues this size?

2. Coul these be had for cheaper some time down the line?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Just a guess, Fiend, but I think these will at the very least become gift card eligible in time, just like every SW dio/environment piece (E-Web, Cantina enviro, table/chairs set, Yoda's hut, Dewback -- can't think of a single piece that is not either discounted and/or GC eligible).

$489 locally with free postage ouch, I can't do that, may just order through ssc get some rewards and flex pay

I love this thing. Its the first time I've ever seriously considered buying a statue. I think the Luke/Taun Taun combo looks really cool. If in for these two than Im most certainly in for Han. I'd only buy one Taun Taun though and display them something similar to what we saw at SDCC. Ill just switch Han and Luke out from time to time.

A couple questions to those that collect statues and/or own the 1/6 counterparts like the Dewback:

1. Is this price comparable to other statues this size?

2. Coul these be had for cheaper some time down the line?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

1. the price is very fair. Have a look at what GG is asking for their animated dewback, which is smaller than this.

2. you might save a few bucks if you wait. It won't sell out any time soon. Any savings won't be substantial however. Your best bet is to see if you can pre-order from a local AD. No shipping cost and you should be able to get it for less than msrp.

I'm officially dropping my plans on getting Luke or Han with this Taun Taun.
Judging from Vader, SSC is just not ready yet to pump out $200 quality figures.

Thanks for letting us know about dropping these figures off your list. I've called a family meeting and have since informed my wife and children. I'll be going out later with some friends for a beer and will break the news to them then.

And I'll give Sideshow a call tomorrow first-thing and ask if they'd consider dropping their figures to $195.

Saying that Han comes in around the same price point as Luke you are looking at an $1100 bill in October for Luke, Han and two Tauntauns...yet with 10 months to put that aside you are only talking about $110 a month. That is saying they do come out in October next year. Personally, this seems more than doable.

Trip down memory lane ....Kenner 1978
suma5a3e.jpg
heqajyda.jpg
edynyzun.jpg

I live just a few miles from Tippett Studios in Berkeley, CA; walked right past it many times. After I receive my ED-209 and a tauntaun, I might just have to drive over there and see if I can get a signature or two from Phil...
Epic 1/6 Tippett goodness.

100052-tauntaun-deluxe-004.jpg

902058-ed-209-005.jpg

Back