1/6th Scale Sideshow Tauntaun

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
re: 1/6th Scale Sideshow TaunTaun

I live just a few miles from Tippett Studios in Berkeley, CA; walked right past it many times. After I receive my ED-209 and a tauntaun, I might just have to drive over there and see if I can get a signature or two from Phil...

Wow, that'd be pretty awesome. I wonder what he'd think of them. He's usually kind of a grumpy guy isn't he?

Thanks for letting us know about dropping these figures off your list. I've called a family meeting and have since informed my wife and children. I'll be going out later with some friends for a beer and will break the news to them then.

And I'll give Sideshow a call tomorrow first-thing and ask if they'd consider dropping their figures to $195.
:lol :lol

I live just a few miles from Tippett Studios in Berkeley, CA; walked right past it many times. After I receive my ED-209 and a tauntaun, I might just have to drive over there and see if I can get a signature or two from Phil...
How cool is that! :duff

I've been checking out all the new Hoth related figure pics again - this guy included, & they are pretty nice overall.

I'm almost swaying towards getting Luke now. :lol

:lol :lol

How cool is that! :duff

I've been checking out all the new Hoth related figure pics again - this guy included, & they are pretty nice overall.

I'm almost swaying towards getting Luke now. :lol

Same. I can't believe I'm seriously considering Luke w/ Taun Taun. I've never seriously considered purchasing a statue nor a collectible/s for that much money. That's how much I like the look of it.

LukeonTaunTaun1_zpsa2e94eed.jpg

And well, there's plenty of time to save.

Thanks for letting us know about dropping these figures off your list. I've called a family meeting and have since informed my wife and children. I'll be going out later with some friends for a beer and will break the news to them then.

And I'll give Sideshow a call tomorrow first-thing and ask if they'd consider dropping their figures to $195.

:nana: :nana: :lol

After all these points giveaways, Luke is a $100 figure for some people, and the Tauntaun $250 or less. If they do Spooktacular again next year, imagine the total savings - and that's if they don't do more point giveaways during the year.

I can't imagine they'll continue the point giveaways past December... if it even goes that long. But I for one am open to it being as long as possible :lecture

Why are some people on the fence with Luke and his Tauntaun? Together it's gonna be an awesome piece!

They both look nice - but for me, it's a question of budget & necessity.

While I love the Hoth scenes, my fave version of Luke is Bespin - & the HT figure was a dream come true for me.

As far as the Tauntaun - not part of my focus.

Do you guys think this will sell out quickly?
The RP give aways by SSC has been making a Han + Taun Taun display more enticing to me. :D

I'm pretty confident the TaunTaun will be available for all of 2015 unless they are significantly restricting the edition size. And by significant, I mean even lower than the Dewback's supposed 3500.

I think the taun tauns have I higher probability of selling out since it offers a couple different expressions as opposed to the dewback. If they would of offered a option like that on dewback I might of bought two. Probably going to reserve a second taun taun when Han goes up for p/o. ESB, Hoth scenario, is my favorite moment in Star Wars, best movie in the saga too.

Last edited:

Still have it in the box, can't bare to open it

I do as well. I always kept my toys sealed back then but since I started buying HT and other 1/6 figures I realised how much funner it is displaying them opened. So tempted to open and put him on my home theater.

I do as well. I always kept my toys sealed back then but since I started buying HT and other 1/6 figures I realised how much funner it is displaying them opened. So tempted to open and put him on my home theater.

Yes take them out of their plastic prison! Enjoy them

Back