1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not trying to give you a hard time, so don't read this and think that, but it's got to be said.

By filing before you could ever hope to receive the item, you're not being safe, you're being disrespectful at the very least. I sell things for a living, but I haven't done an eBay sale in 5 or 6 years, only purchases, but I'd never think to file anything the day the auction closes. It sends an alarming message. You have to give people the benefit of the doubt, that's what eBay is all about and that's why the various protections are in place. If someone ever filed a claim on any of my sales before an item was shipped, I'd immediately cancel the sale, refund them their money and be on my way - that type of dispute sends up a HUGE red flag that they're going to be a problem buyer. If I had already sent the item I'd be super paranoid that buyer was going to rip me off - that's one reason I'd never, under any circumstances, sell anything on eBay without a tracking number. But just because someone else chooses to do so doesn't make them a crook - it means they're either very trusting or a little naive that someone else isn't going to rip them off. I buy plenty of items that get shipped without tracking. I don't sweat it because I know I'm protected.

Also, to satisfy my curiosity, on what grounds could any dispute be filed? Did you put through an item not received? If so, I consider that fraud. Yikes.

I hope you get the item and at that time close any pending disputes and send the guy an apology along with positive feedback.
Yeah I feel like an idiot. I sent the seller an apology through eBay..

Another auction ends in a few hours, maybe I'll get this one. And maybe we'l both get ripped off. ;)

So I wasn't saying the guy isn't or won't be a crook, just that it's too early to make that determination. So wish me luck and if I win, wish us both luck.

Another auction ends in a few hours, maybe I'll get this one. And maybe we'l both get ripped off. ;)

So I wasn't saying the guy isn't or won't be a crook, just that it's too early to make that determination. So wish me luck and if I win, wish us both luck.
The odd thing to me is that if the auction you're looking at is the one I assume it is it seems identical to the auction I won but the seller's username is different..

Also I should clarify I didn't escalate my case to a claim its a dispute at this point. A claim can't be filed until February 5th.

Oops, it is a different seller. I actually bid on two auctions in the past day, including the one you won. This one is from the seller of the other auction.

SO what we do know now is that the new release or reissue version of this figure has 100% confirmed some minor changes and improvements which make this figure 100% better .

Does anyone have the white boba fett ? I am wondering that figure also has the curved plates . and that's why the new version of ESB Boba has some improvements.

I would sell my Boba but I don't use eBay and probably not a lot of Craiglisters buying Boba figures... and now the Sale threads are pay to post.

I don't know which sellers you guys are looking at. But there seems to potentially be shady dealing going on with these two accounts: crerotand and zaar_zaar. Crerotand sold a HT predator figure on January 27th and on the 28th they already received positive feedback for the item. The buyer has 22 feedback (which is what zaar_zaar has). They are also both selling several similar items. (Chances are they're at least working together if they're not the same person to drive up the price).

I don't know which sellers you guys are looking at. But there seems to potentially be shady dealing going on with these two accounts: crerotand and zaar_zaar. Crerotand sold a HT predator figure on January 27th and on the 28th they already received positive feedback for the item. The buyer has 22 feedback (which is what zaar_zaar has). They are also both selling several similar items. (Chances are they're at least working together if they're not the same person to drive up the price).
Mine was from zaar_zaar. I'm still not entirely sure what to think. At this point I've sent four messages, two through eBay and two through PayPal. No response to any of them yet. I realize its late at night over there now but I sent two of them last night when it was fairly early their time.

Yeah it's just very suspicious that someone bought a $200 HT figure from Crerotand and the same day they're leaving feedback saying "A+++ seller. A+++ packaging. " No mention of the lightning quick delivery speed? Either way it will sort itself out.

Not sure why you guys don't wait for the HT ROTJ Fett. Should be previewed soon. Likely will have a curved chest and long-enough pants. Might even scream.

Ding ding ding!

I love my Boba, but I think this fig is more popular now than when it originally came out. :lol

Ding ding ding!

I love my Boba, but I think this fig is more popular now than when it originally came out. :lol

Ya when it came out people seemed to hate the fig and it sat around for a while then boom everyone wanted one for some reason. It took allot of modding for me to love mine.

It's commonplace (it seems) for chinese/asian sellers to have multiple ebay accounts. I have ordered stuff from different sellers and the actual sender of the package have the same name and have the same address. This has happened to me several times. Can't say if the accounts are used for shill bidding as the stuff i buy is usually buy it know.

There were two different sellers that had the Sideshow Snowtrooper for the same exact price (both much cheaper than the rest of ebay) a few months back. When stock of the figure started to dry up both sellers raised the price the same. If I recall correctly everybody that ordered the snowtrooper got those figures and I haven't had any problems getting any stuff from asian sellers. The only time I was scammed on ebay it was done by an american.

Yeah I bought from one of those sellers. They did use tracking though and had at least 1000 prior sales (feedback) so there was a higher level of confidence for buyers.

I freaked a bit by some of the posters in here. I didn't think much of the transaction other than it seemed odd to not get a tracking number and the item marked as shipped so quickly. In hindsight I should have waited but I got paranoid.

i actually saw the same listing you were bidding , i pmed the seller I'm willing to pay extra for the tracking number and ems , but the seller never reply any anything until the action end,actually I'm not trying to say he scammed you , is too soon to judge that anyway. i actually never scammed by any seller before on eBay before from the 1st purchase since 7 years ago i think ? but as a seller, YES! ,
and i didn't bid the item is because i don like to wait without tracking for expensive items.

anyway,
i found mine
201502_013828783952_78.jpg
201502_013828830812_59.jpg

Back