1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i actually saw the same listing you were bidding , i pmed the seller I'm willing to pay extra for the tracking number and ems , but the seller never reply any anything until the action end,actually I'm not trying to say he scammed you , is too soon to judge that anyway. i actually never scammed by any seller before on eBay before from the 1st purchase since 7 years ago i think ? but as a seller, YES! ,
and i didn't bid the item is because i don like to wait without tracking for expensive items.

anyway,
i found mine
View attachment 162975
View attachment 162976
looks like you have the reissue version ! awesome !

The guy hasn't responded to any of my messages and he had another listing that ended last night. It seems suspicious to me still. If I don't hear back soon or get my figure in a couple weeks I'm escalating my dispute through PayPal.

The guy hasn't responded to any of my messages and he had another listing that ended last night. It seems suspicious to me still. If I don't hear back soon or get my figure in a couple weeks I'm escalating my dispute through PayPal.

Good luck, hopefully it's legit and you get your figure. Keep us posted.

You have 180 days to file a claim. Wait. Don't escalate before there's a reasonable amount of time for the item to be delivered (like 30 days).

But you can initiate a claim to have paypal/ebay monitor your polite correspondence, it does not escalate until you choose to escalate. It just makes the seller aware that you are having ebay/paypal monitoring your sale.

That said, I generally agree with you that waiting is best (I know you remember the Snowtrooper auctions). But this seems fairly shady already from what I've read.

But you can initiate a claim to have paypal/ebay monitor your polite correspondence, i

Yeah, he already did that, I'm just saying not to escalate it to a full dispute because there's no way that the package could have yet been delivered.

Has your item shipped? I would escalate now. Or at least contact him thru the PayPal claim-filed service.
Supposedly it shipped but the thing is I received notification it had within twenty minutes of my purchase which just seems fishy. Plus there's no tracking number. The seller's page says it can take 7-25 days to arrive normally and I have until the 18th to escalate the case. If I don't get it by then or any communication I fully intend to let it escalate. Partially it's my fault for not looking at the seller more closely before bidding too but something feels off to me, especially that the seller has listed two more of the same figure since I won mine. Guess we'll see what happens.

Good luck brother. It's stressful nonetheless with some of these suspicious sellers. I got suckered on a Wolverine figure a few years back. Got a refund, but still the time and bs it took is unnecessary.

Supposedly it shipped but the thing is I received notification it had within twenty minutes of my purchase which just seems fishy. Plus there's no tracking number. The seller's page says it can take 7-25 days to arrive normally and I have until the 18th to escalate the case. If I don't get it by then or any communication I fully intend to let it escalate. Partially it's my fault for not looking at the seller more closely before bidding too but something feels off to me, especially that the seller has listed two more of the same figure since I won mine. Guess we'll see what happens.

Yeah, I hate this kind of stuff. Very distressing. There should be some sort of tracking thru paypal/ebay. Anyway, if not, you have to wait until the 18th... its not too far away.

Guys I wouldn't worry too much , I have purchased stuff from ASIAN countries many times before , not once I have ever been ripped off or received a faulty or fake product . The guy marked it as shipped maybe because he runs a shop and got his staff to send to the post office. Often business have a courier run and they could of called someone to collect the package on the spot , and then marked it as shipped. It could have been an internal flagging system for their business . Infact I have ordered so many times mainly from Hong Kong on a Thursday and it arrived the following week to my country Australia . Fingers crossed you were not duped but I doubt it . I know buying from Asian countries is a risk , but sometimes you gotta trust the situation. If you don't receive the Boba Fett then make a complaint , either way your covered . Theres been times where I start to panic because its been more than two weeks , and then I say to myself Iam going to send the seller an email , but when I get home that day its there waiting . \\

There's several other issues here.--seller not responding to any emails, etc. But obviously there needs to be some time to see if the item actually ships.

I didn't buy one but the seller says he doesn't ship with tracking numbers in his listing. People have emailed asking if they could pay more so they could have tracking but those emails went unanswered.

Can't blame the seller for not replying to a question that's clearly already specified in the listing. I mean, it would be nice of him to reply, but it's not a sign of a scam.

Can't blame the seller for not replying to a question that's clearly already specified in the listing. I mean, it would be nice of him to reply, but it's not a sign of a scam.

Just answering the above question. Not saying that = scam. But it's also different if you're offering to pay the extra for tracking.
And he supposedly hasn't responded to emails from someone who did buy something from him. Not saying that means scam, but doesn't seem like a great seller.

Most sellers answer messages as a simple courtesy though whether something is listed on their item page or not. Corresponding or the lack thereof tells a lot about how the transaction is going to go if you ask me.

I buy a lot from overseas, all manner of countries, from people with all manner of feedback scores and the responsiveness to emails, IME, has had no bearing on how the transaction has played out. YMMV. I always try to respond to my own customers within 24 hours, but that's just me.

Not to mention some sellers might not be fluent in English and feel uncomfortable starting a conversation with buyers. I see lots of listings where descriptions look like they were run through google translate.

Back