1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to get on the SS waitlist for this guy, think it will convert? I thought about waiting for the HT version, but it will probably be between $250-300, so I think I will be happy with this one.

Not to mention some sellers might not be fluent in English and feel uncomfortable starting a conversation with buyers. I see lots of listings where descriptions look like they were run through google translate.
At the same time though if you're going to be selling internationally you should have some dialect down so you can answer questions your buyer(s) may have. Not saying that I expect them to be fully fluent but enough to respond to a question at least.

At the same time though if you're going to be selling internationally you should have some dialect down so you can answer questions your buyer(s) may have. Not saying that I expect them to be fully fluent but enough to respond to a question at least.

Can you respond to them in Chinese? More commerce is done in Chinese every day than English, just saying. ;)

Lets talk about Boba Fett and Star Warsy type stuff for while guys :)

Anyone looking forward to Episode 7 ?

I am , I am trying to figure why there is even still an empire and an alliance , seems a bit weird they still exist when I though the empire was over at the end of ROTJ. My theory is that even though the Emperor was killed off , maybe people voted for the Empire to maintain order and control , maybe they tried the Republic for a while but Galactic Citizens preferred the order and control of the Empire. Who really knows until December . It could also be that the Emperor was killed but the Empire still had control and then built up from the remnants of what was left and took full control again . I believe there could an Emperor Clone , or hopefully someone completely new . Disney are tight lipped about the whole movie , but I think its great and also Funny they rejected George Lucas's ideas and script for Episode 7 . I am actually quite thankful they did , I just hope this new movie is going to be just as good as the Originals.

Decided to get on the SS waitlist for this guy, think it will convert? I thought about waiting for the HT version, but it will probably be between $250-300, so I think I will be happy with this one.

No one has reported getting theirs converted in a while. I got on in October, then canceled and got on again at the end of December. There's so much coming out right now that it's no big loss if this figure doesn't happen for me right now.

No one has reported getting theirs converted in a while. I got on in October, then canceled and got on again at the end of December. There's so much coming out right now that it's no big loss if this figure doesn't happen for me right now.

This. I'm on the waitlist as well. First in Sept, then cancelled, then in January. Its really not an issue. I'm sure HT will make a Boba Fett 1/6. I'm just glad I got Vader, Bespin Luke, and Jedi Luke. Collection complete! :)

So update to my situation if anyone cares. I gave the seller until February 16th to either answer an email or for the item to be delivered. Neither of those things happened so I escalated my claim. PayPal gave the seller another ten days to respond which they still didn't. The case closed on Thursday and I received an email from PayPal early this morning that my account will be refunded within five days. So I'm glad to get the money back but disappointed to not get the item but oh well I guess.

This is my first issue ever buying from someone on eBay or through PayPal and the only time I've ever left a seller negative feedback. I am happy that the PayPal resolution was fairly prompt in this case though.

I've had packages arriving take over 2 months. I've sent out packages that have taken 6 or 7 weeks to be delivered.

It may never arrive, but if it does, let us know.

Given what the feedback of these sellers looks like now, I can't imagine anyone would buy from them ever again. One is at 82% and one is now at 67%.

Same thing happened to me recently with a HT Selina Kyle figure from a Chinese seller. When I purchased the item the seller's feedback was good. Soon after the negative feedback starts poping up. Everyone basically saying the same thing: seller never shipped the item.

Honestly I don't get the motivation behind this sort of thing because if an item being sold isn't legitimate and the person selling is out to rip people off they're unlikely to get away with it on eBay or PayPal. I truly don't feel very bad about filing and escalating my claim because the seller had a month pretty much to at least get back to me or PayPal in some way. I'm not expecting to ever receive it and I'm just glad this is over and things worked out for myself.

You did the right thing. There's probably a way to make money like this if they're doing it. I don't know if they can get all their money out of PayPal before the claims start coming in. I know sellers with bad feedback can have 30-day holds on their PayPal balance, but if feedback is good I think they can withdraw all the $$.
Looks like a tactic that others have mentioned in that HT scammer thread--seller sells a bunch of really low cost items to build feedback, then puts up a bunch of fake listings that are much more expensive and with the good feedback, bidders have confidence they'll get the item. If the feedback they have now was there when the listings went up nobody would have bid on anything.

PayPal gets left holding the bag, but it's going to leave a document trail, so PayPal does have someone to chase after. Unless it's a case of stolen identity, where the thief would also have to have gained the victim's banking information to withdraw any funds. People wonder way PayPal are often quick to freeze accounts. This is why. If they don't, they lose their own money until such time they can go through legal channels to try and get it back. They can't debit an account holder's bank nor credit card accounts to try and get the funds as there's no authorization to do so and the bank/cc companies would kibosh those attempts.

For anyone interested, it looks like popcultcha.com.au has some of these in stock for $177.54 and cost $25.86 shipping to Texas. I picked one up, and gave up on the Sideshow waitlist.

Back