1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A-yup

MTS4LG.JPG

State of the Art at one time, even with the terrible bucket.

Now where's Dracula to tell us he never would have bought such a horrid figure? :impatient:

Truly.

I begged for this for X-Mas and it was amazing. . . but then I noticed it was packed with two right boots. I contacted the store for a replacement and they said "Sure", so I sent it back and never heard from them again.

:(

Now where's Dracula to tell us he never would have bought such a horrid figure? :impatient:

Yeah, I customized the $#!t out of that figure and was pretty happy with it until the Medicom version came out.
SS still hasn't tried to replace Marmits ATAT driver and TIE pilot but we've got Greedo and the Cantina band....:slap

Proto helmet on left. Unpreviewed actual helmet on right.

HelmetsV1V2Front.jpg

HelmetsV1V2ScopeDown3.jpg

Wait, so are you saying those triangles aren't actually molded into the headsculpt on the final figure, either? If that's the case, with the other issues, this might tip me over the edge and cause me to cancel my exclusive preorder.

A far as the scalps , if you look at the production photos on the SS website it looks like the factory sewed the scalps on backwards . It looks like a very is fix just pop the stich and sew them back on in the right direction. The chest does look funky but I think if you give it the water treatment it should sort it out.

Again I am not cancelinbg this, I owned the Medi version and this one looks way better . The ROTJ Fett though may be a different story but its niether here nor there at this point.

What will make or break it for me is whether or not they filled in his ass crack. I won't buy a Boba Fett figure that doesn't have spandex vacu-sealed to his ass. No way. Not for almost a tenth of $2000.

Could Hot Toys have done better?

Hot Toys has Proto --> Production problems as well... we won't know if Hot Toys could do better until they actually make one of their own.

Problem is the that people are already labeling this figure as a huge disaster and it's not even in-hand yet.

I begged for this for X-Mas and it was amazing. . . but then I noticed it was packed with two right boots. I contacted the store for a replacement and they said "Sure", so I sent it back and never heard from them again.

:(

Ouch -- that sucks! I hate that kind of sheet.

Yeah, I customized the $#!t out of that figure and was pretty happy with it until the Medicom version came out.

Yep, I got a Fett that uses many of the Marmit parts. Good stuff for the most part.

A far as the scalps , if you look at the production photos on the SS website it looks like the factory sewed the scalps on backwards .

Good call, that would be great if true!

Hot Toys has Proto --> Production problems as well... we won't know if Hot Toys could do better until they actually make one of their own.

Problem is the that people are already labeling this figure as a huge disaster and it's not even in-hand yet.

It doesn't look like a huge disaster unless you're a Sideshow zealot/Medicom hater. Let's be honest Medi's is different class compared to this :)

Wait, so are you saying those triangles aren't actually molded into the headsculpt on the final figure, either? If that's the case, with the other issues, this might tip me over the edge and cause me to cancel my exclusive preorder.

The production helmet is a lot more of a vibrant green than the proto, and it doesn't match the rest of the outfit. In this pic, in the straight on view, the top of the visor and the top of the helmet look distorted.

Based on pics from someones cell phone in their kitchen, some goofy Sideshow production pics with lame poses, input from someone who painted the prototype and every reference to every 1;6 Boba Fett figure made - I guess I gotta jump on the train and declare the figure a disaster too...or I could wait until I see more pics from collectors, impatiently wait for mine to arrive, assess the figure up and down, determine if I want a refund and either keep it or return it.

Hmmmm...this I ponder.

Naw, it's much easier just to call it a failure and wait for them to make MORE clones.

If Boba's butt was as big as the booty on MMS 139 Alice, he'd be afraid of using his jetpack for fear of setting himself alight!

:lol

Thank you for the image of Boba Fett with his ass on fire.

On the subject of jetpacks, Boba was, of course, partly inspired by George's love of King of the Rocketmen and Commando Cody:

I didn't know that. I really should do some homework one of these days. I love finding old science fiction that's fallen through the cracks.

China often retools prototype sculpts before final production.

Do you think that might have had something to do with the first Vader dome?

Back