1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Supposedly this is on the Pro 1.1, not the armored body. But still... you might be right that this was an attempt to get the armor to lay a certain way, but in reality his armor shifted around all the time on screen :huh

You would think they would have been able to find a stiffer material to use for his chest that they could glue his armor to. :dunno

So just to be clear you consider the opinion of the original prototype painter a "new low in nitpicking"

And as you pointed out in the second half of your post, he also did not consider it to be a big deal.

You guys are silly.... I just want my Boba Fett. :tap

Me too.

I did order through Sideshow, but it's Flex'd, so I may be getting mine after you. Depends on how fast I can come up with the final payment.

Who do you think is closer? Sideshow's Boba to the costume? Or HT's Hawkeye to Jeremy Renner?

If you're being absolutely honest with yourself, you already know the answer, and it's not Hot Toys.

Yes in my honest opinion, that Renner likeness is excellent (not saying it is flawless à la Loki) and proportionally far closer than the screen appearance of Boba Fett's green to the production colour or his braids or his vest.

I am very excited about this figure, Ig-88 and Boushh have needed a centerpiece to their detolf shelf

Just to recap:

boba003-1.jpg

Hasbro left - Medi ROTJ right

boba4-1.jpg

Production Pic - SSC

Helmet too green: Check
Armor too boxy: Check
Braids too...stupid: Check

And yet I still look at the above pic and think SSC Fett is the most badass Fett around. I guess the whole is just greater than the sum of its parts on this one.

Supposedly this is on the Pro 1.1, not the armored body. But still... you might be right that this was an attempt to get the armor to lay a certain way, but in reality his armor shifted around all the time on screen :huh

:slap............i keep forgetting this.

but yea............i think the stuffing was one of those ideas that sounded good at the time but the execution floundered (well so far from the pics anyway)

still kind of holding on to the hope not all are the lifejacket look we have seen.

Yes in my honest opinion, that Renner likeness is excellent (not saying it is flawless à la Loki) and proportionally far closer than the screen appearance of Boba Fett's green to the production colour or his braids or his vest.

Getting a wiff of blatant apologist in this post. I guess if Sideshow charges $50 more per figure, started treating their customers like ____ and switch their location to Hong Kong they'd be as infallible as Hot Toys in your eyes. :huh

All this nitpicky bull____ reminds me of Valfar's issues with Stormtrooper teeth. :cuckoo:

Fett is obviously > Hawkeye but if you put the sunglasses on the HT figure then it does pretty much look like he stepped off the screen save the visible joints.

541937_10150622114967344_58690437343_9364409_875095922_n.jpg

Same can't be said of Fett unfortunately, but "so what who cayuhs?"

behararmisen_l.jpg

Getting a wiff of blatant apologist in this post. I guess if Sideshow charges $50 more per figure, started treating their customers like ____ and switch their location to Hong Kong they'd be as infallible as Hot Toys in your eyes. :huh

All this nitpicky bull____ reminds me of Valfar's issues with Stormtrooper teeth. :cuckoo:

There are legit issues with this figure. Now, how someone chooses to deal with it is another thing altogether.... I acknowledge the shortcomings and look forward to fixing them, which should give me a perfect Boba Fett.... Other's don't want to deal with fixing it, complain and decide not to buy. Kinda like you with the Snake Eyes v2. :lecture :monkey3

And Valfar likes this one. :dunno

People are just _____ing for the sake of doing so. I remember how much tittybaby tears were shed over Vader that resulted in cancellations then all the tittybaby tears about having to pick him up at $300+ because they canceled.

There are legit issues with this figure. Some see them as minor while they're a deal breaker for others. Now, how someone chooses to deal with it is another thing altogether.... I acknowledge the shortcomings and look forward to fixing them, which should give me a perfect Boba Fett.... Other's don't want to deal with fixing it, complain and decide not to buy. Kinda like you with the Snake Eyes v2. :lecture :monkey3

Wrong newb. Despite the issues, V2 Snake Eyes was ordered from day 1 without regret, regardless of look. And as far as accuracy goes, that figure was far more removed from the source material than Boba. It'd be like Sideshow releasing the Fett bucket on 4-LOM's body, so :moon.

People are just _____ing for the sake of doing so. I remember how much tittybaby tears were shed over Vader that resulted in cancellations then all the tittybaby tears about having to pick him up at $300+ because they canceled.

Well I am not that sort of person. I was unhappy with the shape of Vader's helmet, so I cancelled my preorder and never bought it. I will do the same with this if the green as bright as the production photos suggest.

I can live without any figure if I do not like it for some reason. Many flaws I can accept, but some are deal breakers with colour at the top of that list.

I wish I had that self control, but after customizing Vaders helmet, cape, robe, height, chest box, color correcting his tusks, and adjusting chain, he's perfect.....

000_0038.jpg

Honestly tell me those Sideshow figures don't look like Hasbro 2.0?

To recap:

000_0038.jpg

At the time I liked him so much I bought another.

Yet he looks so dated now.

Yoda, on the other hand, hasn't aged a day! :wink1:

He should be dating Han Hoth!

And didn't anybody fix that pile-driver no-neck on their Hasbro Fett? It was sort of an essential fix back in the day...

Well I am not that sort of person. I was unhappy with the shape of Vader's helmet, so I cancelled my preorder and never bought it. I will do the same with this if the green as bright as the production photos suggest.

I can live without any figure if I do not like it for some reason. Many flaws I can accept, but some are deal breakers with colour at the top of that list.

:lol I wasn't singling you out with that post. Just making a relative observation. I think this situation will be similar, with those who passed driving up the price on the secondary market when remorse sinks in after their bandwagon cancellation.

Back