1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, a little bit of a non sequitor but I just took my Medi Boba off the shelf and his f'n legs fell off! Apparently, the joints just inexplicably disintegrated. I thought the word was "No disintegrations". Medi-ocrity at its most evident.

Same thing happened with my ESB Medicom Fett. Hip joint broke from just standing on my desk and I noticed he was starting to do the splits.

Wait a minute, then Medi Fett simply disintegrates because it doesn't agree with air and people are saying SSC's version compares unfavorably against it? :duh

Don't forget Crystal Gale... That was probably the high point of the last 6 hours.

:yess:

I think most of us knew deep down SS wouldn't be able deliver the Fett we always wanted right out of the box.
They choke more often then not, especially on the high profile figs.

A minor tweak pulling the vest tighter to the body and IMO it will look totally badass. :rock

No matter how many times you say it, or I say it, or anyone else suggests that it is most likely a very easy (2-3 minute) fix, the doubters are going to continue to doubt and some are going to cancel their orders because of one minor, production pics, issue...

And yes, I say ONE issues because I refuse to count the braids as a problem any more, go take a look at more ESB pics of Boba, some frames he has short wookie braids, other frames the braids are closer to his waist. If you want the armor to be perfectly lined up with the neck armor and that's going to bother u every time you look at this figure, then I don't know what to do about your OCD?? And please, stop mentioning the paint is too green on the SSC production pics.. take a look at the first "review" pictures, and problem solved.

The successes of this figure are seriously being over-looked here, and if you can't see that and all you see in this figure is a big FAIL, then move on to the next figure, maybe SSC or HT will get it ""right"" up to your standards next go-around...

I need to pay more attention here!

I have the Fett on order with a local retailer. I'm looking forward to it, and replacing my Medicom ESB Fett with the Sideshow one.

he still looks very good. not too pleased the chest was changed from the proto but it will be fixable. anyone know what the movie costume vest part was made out of?

Hmmm. So then if the Medi has a cloth vest, was it the Marmit that had the plastic one? :confused:

A-yup

MTS4LG.JPG

No matter how many times you say it, or I say it, or anyone else suggests that it is most likely a very easy (2-3 minute) fix, the doubters are going to continue to doubt and some are going to cancel their orders because of one minor, production pics, issue...

And yes, I say ONE issues because I refuse to count the braids as a problem any more, go take a look at more ESB pics of Boba, some frames he has short wookie braids, other frames the braids are closer to his waist. If you want the armor to be perfectly lined up with the neck armor and that's going to bother u every time you look at this figure, then I don't know what to do about your OCD?? And please, stop mentioning the paint is too green on the SSC production pics.. take a look at the first "review" pictures, and problem solved.

The successes of this figure are seriously being over-looked here, and if you can't see that and all you see in this figure is a big FAIL, then move on to the next figure, maybe SSC or HT will get it ""right"" up to your standards next go-around...

Have you really looked at the pics in the Kotaku review?? << https://kotaku.com/5921292/check-out-my-12-boba-fett >>
Given the price, the delay, and what this figure should have been, these results are sad. The puffiness of the chest piece is "ridonculous":slap
Even the shoulder armor is slightly off, and the braids look like they are maid of interwined colored string, not even synthetic fake hair, like two dollar dolls have. But colored string!!!
there is no defending this production, with the price point we are paying, plain and simple.
Why do you defend SSC, with the suggestion we have ocd. C'mon we all collect toys, we are all a little off our rockers, but these are just blatant instances of poor production value...in my opnion because they figure they will sale regardless...make more profit...lets be thrifty and use colored string for the wookie braids.:gah:

Last edited:

I agree people are gonna do what's best for them and rightly do. If they cancel this it doesn't change one bit how much I like it or how much this is the Fett I've wanted

Back