1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm beginning to suspect all of Sideshow's screw-ups and innacurracies have been intentional all along so they had an excuse to go back and "improve" their releases and gouge everybody with double-dips.

You are giving SS to much credit. Those are genuine screw ups.

I'm beginning to suspect all of Sideshow's screw-ups and innacurracies have been intentional all along so they had an excuse to go back and "improve" their releases and gouge everybody with double-dips.

Do not presume malicious intent, in events adequately explained by human error - Taibhse's Razor :lol

I can't see anything negative with the re-release of figures. The only one it hurts is the scalper type fellows that tries to sell the same figure that cost $150 for $200 or more to unsuspecting people when the damn thing is still available at suppliers.

If they would do a re-release for the Snowtroopers I would be happy, then I can get a third and/or forth instead of trying to mod a couple of Hasbro's.

I'd argue it would be very negative to NOT re-release figures, like Fett, Stormtrooper, Vader...etc. Fans who want to start collecting today, and find that the only Fett in the line is now $300 on Ebay may say, 'screw it,' and never start their collections.

Of course a fixed new version (if that is at all needed) of figures would be even better. But the Stormtrooper for example with all it's faults I'm sure it would easily sell out every new edition even with the same old sculpt.

Uh, did anyone else notice that the original Sideshow Boba Fett sixth scale figure has shown back up on the Sideshow website with free shipping?

I had been seriously thinking about snagging one off ebay for about $270 plus shipping, but since he's in-stock on Sideshow for $175 with free shipping, how could I resist? Is it normal for a figure like Boba Fett that's been sold out for ages to suddenly just turn up in-stock on Sideshow...?

I imagine he is a hot seller. It would be foolish on Sideshow's part to not always sell a character like Boba Fett it is the type of figure that even non collectors would buy.

You guys suck. ;) Had no one posted anything about this it may have sold out again before I ever found out. Now I'm faced with a dilemma. Spending money I shouldn't be spending on this figure… And no coupon codes that will work because it was just added to the site.

Crap, I accidentally purchased the bronze! :horror

Last edited:
Congrats to you guys who got the remaining stock of Boba. I still love mine. Such a great figure. He may not be perfect but I really do dig the figure.

Whew! I must have gotten the last one before it went to WL! Thanks for the heads up, MaxGoof !

Maybe when they produce more for Europe they'll fulfill the current wait list. Email says it was never supposed to be up for ordering, only wait-listing.

I'd argue it would be very negative to NOT re-release figures, like Fett, Stormtrooper, Vader...etc. Fans who want to start collecting today, and find that the only Fett in the line is now $300 on Ebay may say, 'screw it,' and never start their collections.

Not to mention some of their earlier human faces were pretty bland looking compared to the their newer stuff, they defiantly need to revisit some of the older characters they did 6-7 years ago... They can call them 2.0 or they can call them ANH Stormtrooper, ESB Stormtrooper & ROTJ Stormtrooper... given they all pretty much look the same but at least it gets around the original limited edition issue

Just received an email that it was supposed to be a "waitlist" item, so they cancelled my order. :(

Yeah, I got the "oops" e-mail as well, with a promise that I'd be put on an in-house waitlist for fulfillment in the future.

Back