1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROTJ is too colourful for my tastes (sort of like Iron Patriot vs War Machine MK II, if that makes sense to IM fans). I love the mix of green tones is ESB (I like that you used "Blur" as a colour, though, haha). Hopefully we see a more accurate 1:6 ESB Boba, at some point (and agreed w/those that want a total re-working for it's inevitable ROTJ release). I'm generally pretty happy to tolerate inaccuracies in these figures but SSC's Boba bugs the hell out of me (and I'm just saying that as a stand alone comment -- don't want to get into it, lol).

ROTJ is too colourful for my tastes (sort of like Iron Patriot vs War Machine MK II, if that makes sense to IM fans). I love the mix of green tones is ESB (I like that you used "Blur" as a colour, though, haha). Hopefully we see a more accurate 1:6 ESB Boba, at some point (and agreed w/those that want a total re-working for it's inevitable ROTJ release). I'm generally pretty happy to tolerate inaccuracies in these figures but SSC's Boba bugs the hell out of me (and I'm just saying that as a stand alone comment -- don't want to get into it, lol).

I love the helmet sculpt, and I love the ESB Fett in general, and I didn't mean to dog on your personal preferences. I think that the ESB Helmet is superior paintwise to the ROTJ Helmet, and I'm interested to see if the new PF is ROTJ or ESB. Also I hope and pray the fix the Jango helmet in time for SDCC

damn reading these last few comments makes me doubt that if I jumped on the waitlist it wouldnt convert, I might just look for this guy on eBay.... I just wanted him for my Mandolorian Hunter setup(see my sig)
You could go to Toy Anxiety and buy a white boba prototype helmet. They still have it parted out. then you can paint it however you want.

You could go to Toy Anxiety and buy a white boba prototype helmet. They still have it parted out. then you can paint it however you want.

For those of us who've done a helmet repaint on the Fett, it's a little bastard to do! Not for the faint of heart :gah:

For those of us who've done a helmet repaint on the Fett, it's a little bastard to do! Not for the faint of heart :gah:

Having done a helmet repaint I agree. The cool thing about the white helmet is there's no dent, making it perfect for an "eyes" helmet.
ytN0P4r.jpg

Having done a helmet repaint I agree. The cool thing about the white helmet is there's no dent, making it perfect for an "eyes" helmet.
ytN0P4r.jpg

Pics or GTFO lol!

C'mon, Kamandi, How did yours turn out?

Here's mine. RotJ repaint:

023.jpg

020.jpg

018.jpg

004.jpg

Looking good!

The re-paint I did was on the dented helmet in my pic. The white undented bucket does call to me though.

Thanks, bro. I remember seeing your lid. I was just thinking that it was the 'ears' version.

And I apologize to everyone else for posting the Medicom Fett in the Sideshow Fett thread.

Excellent stuff there Rubio.

I hope that when SSC do release their Jedi version of Boba that he can come out looking as good as your one. :clap

What was the recipe for your figure out of interest?

Excellent stuff there Rubio.

I hope that when SSC do release their Jedi version of Boba that he can come out looking as good as your one. :clap

What was the recipe for your figure out of interest?

Thanks, guys!

I didn't make a Frankenstein Fett like some others. I really don't like some of the customs that people have done. Some look great, others not so much. The reason why is because Sideshow's Fett and Medicom's Fett are so different in size. The Medicom is not only shorter than the Sideshow, but the underlying body is scaled much differently than even the True Type Narrow. I really hate Sideshow's Fett flight suits, too. The thigh pockets are way too high and the pants are too short for their own body. Plus the cut of the suit is just unflattering, to me. The Medicom flight suit is perfect (but only for the Medicom body)! It generally looks too tight on the bodies I've seen it swapped onto.

But who cares, lol?

It's the Medicom Fett, head to toe. With a repainted helmet (I have four Medicom Fetts, so why not?) and repositioned shoulder armor. That's it.

Nice work Rubio!

There's no way SSC's next Fett will look like that.

Their brand spanking Jango prototype already looks like a wonk-a-thon. :lol

I really hope you're wrong. So much of Sideshow's Boba Fett was outstanding (the overall detail is spectacular), and their paint application was superior to anything before or since, but there's enough wrong with it that, as a super Boba Fett fan, I almost can't stomach it. For me, the bad outweighs the good. But with a few relatively simple 'tweaks', I think that it could really be something special. It would be nice to see Sideshow sculpt a Jango helmet from scratch before the figure makes it to production. Reusing the Boba Fett molds may keep costs down, but Boba Fett's helmet was a poor sculpt to begin with, in addition to the fact that Boba and Jango had VERY differently-designed helmets.

Either way, I'm hopeful for a great figure (RotJ Boba Fett, not Jango)!

And with that, I'll shut up. I always like to see additions to the Boba Fett threads!

I know what Boba Fett is supposed to look like, but as much as SSC did a nice job with it in some ways - as with most of their 1/6 SW figures, they flubbed it ultimately.

Key areas like THE HELMET were just plain wrong, let alone the other issues.

The Jango looks to be the same. Expect rinse repeat, sorry. :huh

I know what Boba Fett is supposed to look like, but as much as SSC did a nice job with it in some ways - as with most of their 1/6 SW figures, they flubbed it ultimately.

Key areas like THE HELMET were just plain wrong, let alone the other issues.

The Jango looks to be the same. Expect rinse repeat, sorry. :huh

I'm sure you're right. But I'm staying positive anyways!

Thanks, guys!

I didn't make a Frankenstein Fett like some others. I really don't like some of the customs that people have done. Some look great, others not so much. The reason why is because Sideshow's Fett and Medicom's Fett are so different in size. The Medicom is not only shorter than the Sideshow, but the underlying body is scaled much differently than even the True Type Narrow. I really hate Sideshow's Fett flight suits, too. The thigh pockets are way too high and the pants are too short for their own body. Plus the cut of the suit is just unflattering, to me. The Medicom flight suit is perfect (but only for the Medicom body)! It generally looks too tight on the bodies I've seen it swapped onto.

But who cares, lol?

It's the Medicom Fett, head to toe. With a repainted helmet (I have four Medicom Fetts, so why not?) and repositioned shoulder armor. That's it.

Well at least you now have an excellent ROTJ Boba in your collection pal and the ends justify the means.

So, is the general consensus that SSC will revisit Boba with a ROTJ version or should I jump on the waitlist for the ESB one on SSCs website? I have just started getting into SW 1/6 figures and would like to add this guy to my collection eventually. Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a redundant question. I only read the posts from the past few months.

Lol you're probably right. For all the things Sideshow did RIGHT, if they correct the few things they did WRONG, they'll have the figure of the year, no question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back