1/6th Scale Sideshow Boba Fett Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping it's not the ROTJ version. I hate the rainbow-colored jet pack. If the 2nd Boba is still the ESB version, the only change I would like to see is the flight (fabric) grey suit should have a darker (slightly purple) tint. The color of the current suit is closer to the ROTJ version.

A number of European and Australian stores have new skus for a 2nd edition Boba release coming later this year. Too many sources to be simply "hopeful" - might be Europe and Australia only.

That's very -- very -- unusual. I'm not sure I would wager on store skus. Perhaps this is a Jango prep mistake. If its true -- and a 2nd, re-issued Sideshow ESB Boba Fett is on its way -- this is a very strange way to find out about it, don't you think? And if this is a ROTJ Boba Fett, its an equally strange way to find out. Never happened before with Sideshow product. Why would they alert stores in Europe and Australia ahead of the official announcement? Just makes no sense. Has Sideshow ever offered a strictly European Star Wars 1/6th product before? Or a special edition later? Did they get boned on the original Fett release?

Sideshow Alex commented on a Joe statue saying that they will issue more of them this fall because they never sold the original allotment they had originally set as the 'max' amount they would sale. She said it's not a re issue just them using their right to sell the unit amount they planned to from the start. This Fett offering could be a similar issue.

Sideshow Alex commented on a Joe statue saying that they will issue more of them this fall because they never sold the original allotment they had originally set as the 'max' amount they would sale. She said it's not a re issue just them using their right to sell the unit amount they planned to from the start. This Fett offering could be a similar issue.

Well if that is sideshows new business model any of the open ended editions we have seen over the past few years could theoretically continue to be released forever because they haven't fulfilled their "originally planned" numbers.

Strange indeed. Wonder why they are revisiting Boba Fett now and not just giving us an ROTJ version?

And yes, agreed with above about a "new business model". Since Sideshow never makes edition sizes public for its 1/6th Star Wars line, they can decide at any time -- like HT -- to reissue a figure. Which I guess is the plan -- a simple cash grab. Can't fault them for that.

If one good thing comes out of it, at least it will end the constant newb question about a figure's future value.

Probably not, SW figures were among the first in recent years to see a "no edition size" instead of the set in stone 1k/2k/3k etc. I am sure if they can make money doing it they will establish this system to any line or product that there is a large demand for that they can trickle out batches of 1-3k every couple of years to ensure the market gets saturated then dries up and demands more. I could see this being applied to the PF or the comiquete lines and a few others due to their low price point (for statues lol)

It certainly makes more financial sense for the company; to not overproduce unless the demand is there. But it will really challenge about 1/3 of the collectors here that seem to only have interest in figures that they can flip for a profit when they tire of their 'toy'.

Bet they reissue the Snowtrooper to coincide with the Han/Luke Hoth release... which is great because I missed that one.

It certainly makes more financial sense for the company; to not overproduce unless the demand is there. But it will really challenge about 1/3 of the collectors here that seem to only have interest in figures that they can flip for a profit when they tire of their 'toy'.

Bet they reissue the Snowtrooper to coincide with the Han/Luke Hoth release... which is great because I missed that one.

Ya the flippers may be super concerned with this new direction SSC may be going in if this trend continues. Me on the other hand its a sweet relief, in the past I always looked at which figures I wanted and my funds available and sometimes had to purchase one figure over another due to future availability. But if this continues I will be able to purchase a figure that sold out a year later lol.

Same, skipped it due to space issues, but tbh the more I think about the upcoming Hoth releases the more I regret skipping them.

Ya the flippers may be super concerned with this new direction SSC may be going in if this trend continues. Me on the other hand its a sweet relief, in the past I always looked at which figures I wanted and my funds available and sometimes had to purchase one figure over another due to future availability. But if this continues I will be able to purchase a figure that sold out a year later lol.

It's potentially a huge money-making opportunity, and certainly not unique to Sideshow.

Anyone remember the Hot Toys Iron Man Mk. I?

Same armor. Resculpted head. Cha-ching for new collectors. Sadface for owners of the first edition who saw prices climb to ~$1,000 at one time.

Deluxe Stormtrooper 2.0 Shiny Version because we forgot to glosscoat the damn thing the first time.

Main reason I did not purchase the snowtrooper is no gloss on the armor.

No big deal. Just brush it with Future Floor Wax.

31xPAvA7Y-L.jpg

I can't see anything negative with the re-release of figures. The only one it hurts is the scalper type fellows that tries to sell the same figure that cost $150 for $200 or more to unsuspecting people when the damn thing is still available at suppliers.

If they would do a re-release for the Snowtroopers I would be happy, then I can get a third and/or forth instead of trying to mod a couple of Hasbro's.

Same, skipped it due to space issues, but tbh the more I think about the upcoming Hoth releases the more I regret skipping them.

Me too. Its the first figure Star Wars figure I cancelled thinking I could get it for less at retail down the line that actually has increased in value. So I do hope they reissue it.

I'm beginning to suspect all of Sideshow's screw-ups and innacurracies have been intentional all along so they had an excuse to go back and "improve" their releases and gouge everybody with double-dips.

It's potentially a huge money-making opportunity, and certainly not unique to Sideshow.

Anyone remember the Hot Toys Iron Man Mk. I?

Same armor. Resculpted head. Cha-ching for new collectors. Sadface for owners of the first edition who saw prices climb to ~$1,000 at one time.

As a general rule of thumb, if you own a figure that appreciates to $1000 on the secondary market.. Sell!.. nothing is forever.. a better version will always come along, either from the original manufacturer, or a competitor.

Back