1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoy these. Considering my track record with problems I was so worried when I opened them. All joints very stiff and scared that they might break but I was able to get everything to work well. The heads on both were really terrible to pull all the way out. I think who ever engineered these did a great job though. The hidden hip joints and the shoulders work and look so good. As for my backpacks they do not stay on. They seem to fit but if I pick the droids up and tilt or what the back pack flies right off. I am keeping the antennae down so as not to break them if these fall. Not a huge problem but a magnet would have been good.

The one thing that does bug me is the deco. I am feeling that they should be lighter more of a cream or bone. I think mine has too much of a tan with a hint of a reddish hue. Again though these are awesome!

Does anyone know what is with the metal in the bottom of the feet?

And I think the Jedi can look very good with a bit of posing... they're not HT level, but as EF stated I wouldn't want to drop $300 for a Ki Adi Mundi or Plo Kloon :lol

av.jpg

I wouldn't want to drop 3 cents, he's such an annoying ____ :nana: I was cheering when they killed him in Ep3!

Love Plo though...

I really enjoy these. Considering my track record with problems I was so worried when I opened them. All joints very stiff and scared that they might break but I was able to get everything to work well. The heads on both were really terrible to pull all the way out. I think who ever engineered these did a great job though. The hidden hip joints and the shoulders work and look so good. As for my backpacks they do not stay on. They seem to fit but if I pick the droids up and tilt or what the back pack flies right off. I am keeping the antennae down so as not to break them if these fall. Not a huge problem but a magnet would have been good.

The one thing that does bug me is the deco. I am feeling that they should be lighter more of a cream or bone. I think mine has too much of a tan with a hint of a reddish hue. Again though these are awesome!

Does anyone know what is with the metal in the bottom of the feet?

I'm thinking those metal plates on the feet maybe for the upcoming STAP.

Wow...Sideshow really needs to up its quality control...the Stormtrooper PF's coming busted and now these.

Damn. I've been sitting at home waiting for my Battle Droids, and I heard UPS come...but when they never knocked, I assumed it was FedEx or something. Then I checked my status online, just to check...and they said they attempted to deliver it! Apparently it was delivered to the wrong apartment, and those people weren't home to accept the package, or better yet, tell them it isn't the right apartment! UUUGGGHHH.

Bob is very disappointed that Jay is back on the Juice!!!

IMG_0440-1.jpg

IMG_0441-1.jpg

I love these figures, I really warmed them up before I messed with them, very VERY fun to play with.

Last edited:
Got mine today they're really damn cool. I'm down for getting a few more of these guys in their various paint scheme.

I have a different break from the other ones I've seen.

DSCN0584.jpg

You got to be kidding me! Man, what's that, the 4th person to have a problem? So now maybe SSC should put on the box, "4 out of 10 chance of being unbreakable."

The droids came out great! Not sure about getting them since it seems they are fragile and I like to lose my figures a lot. It's a great deal though no doubt. Almost feels like 2 for one at today's prices

Host Wendy reviews the latest Sideshow 1:6 Militaries of Star Wars Infantry Battle Droids figure set. Hot Chix Cool Toy Review

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jt03B3pZ9E&hd=1"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jt03B3pZ9E&hd=1[/ame]

Great pics Craw, I'll have to repose mine with the blaster with the finger going through the trigger... couldn't quite work that out with the limited time I had over lunch.

I'm thinking those metal plates on the feet maybe for the upcoming STAP.

Exactly what they are for. The STAP pedals will be magnetised to the feet.

Also good if you have big flat magnet sheets to use as bases.:lol

I love these figures, I really warmed them up before I messed with them, very VERY fun to play with.

:horror These are action figures, not toys. Stop acting so immature. Pose them once and let them collect dust like you're supposed to.:cuckoo:

:wink1:

Back