1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine today, and I really love them. The articulation is stiff, but fantastic. My only complaint would be that the backpacks really are a bit larger than they should be. They protrude above their shoulders way more than in the film. Take this screenshot, for example:

830px-Battledroids.jpg

The backpacks in EpII as you pictured are a bit smaller. The packs in EpI are larger, and this is what the Sideshow packs reflect.

cap018.jpg

cap016.jpg

cap015.jpg

And here's good old Exclusive pack 1138

DroidReference03.jpg

No, check again...if you look at the top of the backpack in comparison to the bottom of the prongs on the back of the head, you can see that the backpack is too big. The prongs nearly touch the backpack on the SSC figure, but in TPM and AOTC, they do not.

No, check again...if you look at the top of the backpack in comparison to the bottom of the prongs on the back of the head, you can see that the backpack is too big. The prongs nearly touch the backpack on the SSC figure, but in TPM and AOTC, they do not.

Yeah, I can see that. I wonder then if the Sideshow necks might be a bit too short.

Well worth picking up....

Not sure where I'm going to put these guys-- for now they're hanging out with some Ep I stuff...

cool pics Neil.
Mine have finally shipped from Sideshow.
Australia will be represented by the Seperatist Battle droids!!!

WOOT WOOT

I got mine today and I'm just speechless. SS did a great job on these the articulation is sick and 2 for the price of one you cant beat that. I'm really impressed with this figure, now I cant wait for IG-88, Grievous, and hopefully C3-PO.
As for the back packs not fitting I took a soldering iron and melted the tips of the back packs so they wont fall out. We need to send SS a letter and tell them magnets would do these back packs some good.

100_1526.jpg

100_1527-1.jpg

Nice! I tried my hand at Tambor a few years ago, but I just didn't have the time to commit. I hope SSC makes him eventually.

Probally my most hated Star Wars character ever behind say GL family cameo and then Jar Jar, oh and the "death sticks" character too.

It is a shame we didn't get to see Anakin slay Wat Tambor.

I'm blown away by how cool these figures are. :yess:

I didn't have any problems with the joints, but I was careful with the shoulders; once you do get them to move it's no problem at all. The head and neck both pulled up and swivel with no problems. I think it may have helped that I waited about 6 hours before actually opening them. This way they were room temperature.

More pics tomorrow in daylight.

Back