1/6th Scale Sideshow Battle Droids (Clean, Commander, Security, etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anybody was wondering, any figure stand with the under-crotch bars works great for making sure these don't fall over. Yes, they stand on there own, but an earthquake or bump of the table could create damages. The curved under-crotch bars hold the droid hip joints perfectly.

Which makes it extra odd Sideshow didn't just go ahead and include stands :huh

I get the Gamorrean (too wide) and Yoda (too short); but these guys are spindly and w/such small feet they're just begging to take a nosedive :lol

I'll have to make sure they are far back enough on the shelf so that if they do tumble they won't to all they way down. BTW, mine will be picked up over lunch today :rock

And I think the Jedi can look very good with a bit of posing... they're not HT level, but as EF stated I wouldn't want to drop $300 for a Ki Adi Mundi or Plo Kloon :lol

av.jpg

Agree. :exactly:

The SSC Battle Droids in these pics look like the necks are a little short?

The necks look short because they have'nt been fully extended. I'm having a heck of a time trying to pull up the neck to it's full position from the body in fear of snapping something. The neck won't budge up or down now without some serious force. :gah:

Other than the fragile nature of these little buggers, they are pretty cool. I haven't taken out my second Battle Droid yet. So not sure if it will have the same problem of raising the neck as the one I've already taken out the box.

Took my other droid out last night and was able to get both arms to finally rotate but I had to grab them right at the shoulder joint and work them back and forth to near breakage before they moved.

The neck was also stuck but since I'm sending them back anyways I just used a lot of force without fear of breaking it and the neck finally came up all the way.

All I gotta say is be VERY careful trying to move these when you first get them. I imagine SS will be sending many replacements out.

I've yet to get the arms to fully rotate at the shoulder on the one I've taken out again in fear of snapping it.

I used to build plane, car and tank model kits when I was young and when handling these guys, it feels as fragile as one.

Brittle figures with tiny feet that shatter on impact? No stands, no problem! :duh

With a maximum order limit of 50(!) of these per person I imagine Sideshow has an enormous amount of replacements lined up. :)

Both excellent points :lol

But, the exclusive is limited... so I wonder if people with exclusives will just hold onto the backpack and send back the rest?

they turned out great but im still struggling to get these, just cant seem to pull the trigger. :gah:

Both excellent points :lol

But, the exclusive is limited... so I wonder if people with exclusives will just hold onto the backpack and send back the rest?

I get mine tomorrow and if one is broken that's what I will do send the figure to SS without the exclusive backpack. Really like the figure but I hope nothing goes wrong with mine, but if it does SS is good about making things right.

My droid shoulders wouldn't move either until I heated them up and very gently rotated them (trying as much as possible not to use the arm as a lever).
Now they are perfectly fine.

Sean

Got my figures over lunch; gotta say I'm very impressed. They have that HT Endoskeleton fragile/light feeling to them, but I did not have any major issues and was very impressed by the quality.

I ended up unboxing them and then sticking them in front of a heater for a few minutes (turning them as well) in order to warm them up and the carefully moved each joint enough to where the did not feel like they would break.

The only really tough one was one of the necks did not want to extend all the way; but I wiggled it back and forth a bit while pulling only on the neck (avoiding the small pin for the head) and got it to come out.

Articulation overall is very good; but I would have liked it if the heads could turn side-to-side, if the fingers were fully independent and if there was some kind of thigh rotation, aside from that its very well articulated.

And as other have said the paint work is very good; although I didn't notice one being particularly cleaner than the other; but they are different. My backpacks seemed to stay on just fine; its not a tight fit, but they did not fall of when standing or as I moved them around.

Now for some pics:

azz.jpg

azza.jpg

aazb.jpg

azzb.jpg

azzc.jpg

azzd.jpg

These look wickedly fun but I am trying to avoid PT limiting selections to OT. However, a few battle droid variations along with Grievous is tempting.

The Battle Droids are what got me back into the PT; I was planning on selling most of my PT figures and only keeping a few key PT characters. But then I saw the droids for $60 a pop and could not say no.

Since then I've bought 4 Clone figures and plan to get 4 more, not to mention Grievous and a few others once they are announced :lol

The price for these are amazing at $119. They look fun as hell but throw in a couple variants and Grievous and everything is shot. Then might as well get back to collecting PT. noooooooooooooooooo :lol

Hmmm... seems I might be wrong about the head not turning side-to-side; I just looked at D.Martin's early review and he's got an image of the articulation and it clearly turns. Will have to check that out when I get back home.

Also; I couldn't really figure out how the torso was supposed to articulate? There's movement, but it seemed pretty restricted and seemed to just slip back into place.

Hmmm... seems I might be wrong about the head not turning side-to-side; I just looked at D.Martin's early review and he's got an image of the articulation and it clearly turns. Will have to check that out when I get back home.

Also; I couldn't really figure out how the torso was supposed to articulate? There's movement, but it seemed pretty restricted and seemed to just slip back into place.

Yes, the head turns form side to side.

Sean

Wow, sucks that the joints are so fragile! So is Sideshow offering exchanges for you guys?

They truly look awesome, though! I think this bodes well for Gen Grievous!

Yeah they are just like Darth Vader and the Stormtroopers. Those duo's look awesome together :clap

Vader and Stormtrooper have the nostalgia factor as well (least to me).

They truly look awesome, though! I think this bodes well for Gen Grievous!

I hope it bodes well for IG-88, he is being released first.

Back