1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They wanted me to send pictures of mine o_O

I received a used V1 I got off of ebay and the difference is night and day. The paint is WAY better and it has strong ratchets in the legs(might be other but I just noticed it there). The only thing better on the V2 is the hoses are nicer looking(but installed wrong)

I received a used V1 I got off of ebay and the difference is night and day. The paint is WAY better and it has strong ratchets in the legs(might be other but I just noticed it there). The only thing better on the V2 is the hoses are nicer looking(but installed wrong)

Really... wow! They responded to my email and sent me a return label no questions asked. I'm surprised. You have the right to return the figure, it's in there return policy on there website. Maybe they are feeling the heat because of numerous returns!

I sent photos. Just waiting... I guess I'll call tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

That's what I did. I sent collages of all the quality control issues like the unglued components and poor paint, the mess that the box and shipper were from repackaging, comparison photos between the in-hand figure and the production photos on their website, and drew out a diagram of how the leg wires are wrong.

For those that are providing photos, make sure to highlight what seems to be a common quality control issue on these aside from the poor paint: the ribbed elbow joint covers not secured properly, and the left leg wire installed incorrectly. It should cleanly go from the front shin pod, thread through the loop at the top of the leg, wrap around the back of the leg, and attach to the outer pod on the left leg.

They have to honor all returns regardless of the number they receive back. Don't settle for a sub par figure.

Sideshow should be embarrassed about this. Re-releasing a significantly lower quality figure several years later with less stuff and a higher price? Are you kidding me? But I doubt anyone there cares. Only a massive amount of returns would get anyone to even notice there is a problem.

Just annoying that I have to waste my time making pictures. I'll be sure to point out all the flaws.

Turns out my V1 has a faulty head lamp. I just can't win with this guy. I took it apart to see if anything was loose, but nothing. Will try to see if I can find a switch and maybe resistor(doubt both bulbs would be faulty)

Edit: Turns out the batteries go in differently than the new one. Swapped them and it works. That's odd

Edit2: While taking pictures for sideshow, I noticed that the black syringe things stained the pleather black and left a black outline of where they were. Unreal

Where are the IG-88 side by side photos? Would be nice to see that.

I have both but didn't open the V2 box, TBH I just want to return it. Do I have to open it to take photos and return it, or could I just return it boxed? Also they pay for return shipping?

There is an option under returning as "No I never opened the box".... so looks like you CAN return without opening...

Where are the IG-88 side by side photos? Would be nice to see that.

I have both but didn't open the V2 box, TBH I just want to return it. Do I have to open it to take photos and return it, or could I just return it boxed? Also they pay for return shipping?
They gave me a full refund and paid for return shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

dude you just blew my mind with the removing of inside glass walls to connect detolfs. This could be the speeder bike solution I've been looking for.

Can you show what it looks like with the doors closed?

old pictures from when I built it , sort of bodged this together , to build it I cut off 2 of the side slots for the glass as seen in the middle of the unit in the pictures and then got fixing plates and bolted the 2 halfs together 8 fixing plates in all , 2 for each side of the panel and bolts , one of back sheets of glass had smashed in transit so there's a gap in the back of the unit as had to use the smaller side sheets , the doors on mine are not totally level either but does look the part with lighting

this is getting another makeover soon spraying the sides , shelves and back of the unit grey ( going to fix a bit of hardboard to the back ) the wood panels i'm spraying black ,this is just going to be for my hot toys and sideshow figures , in the process off building a huge cabinet in an alcove for my transformers masterpiece collection ( which is starting to get out of hand have had to keep some tf's boxed lol ) .. suffer back problems so been a slow process

DSC02427_zpsushgtcbt.JPG

DSC02423_zpsenl6gbya.JPG

regarding this figure never noticed before but the wires on the legs on mine are all wrong , and are the shoulders supposed to rotate? the weathering on mine looks nice to me the head has subtle weather that I think matches the rest but now reading comments I wish I had got a v1 bit too late for me to send this back to sideshow wish I had kept up with the thread after posting my in hand pictures , relatively new to hot toys and sideshow figures as only started collecting early this year

Yeah, the wires are backwards on the left(figure's perspective) leg. The shoulders are scary tight on all of them from what I can tell(even my v1)

Just thought I'd add my turd to the pile.
I'm pretty sure I got one of your guy's returns. The box was scuffed up pretty well, the tray had been re-taped, and the hose on his left shin was dangling in the box. Plus the weathering appears to be just a dowsing with a small, dirty mop.

And then there's the head.

W3O5zPR.jpg

I was highly impressed with the Black Series 6" scale figure of him. Honestly I was wearing rose colored glasses though, because I know Sideshow's history of sixth scale figures and their quality, which is exactly why I have not ordered one in years. It seriously seems as though they've plateaued with them. The last figure I ordered was the Cobra Ninja Viper, which I was mildly amused with, and before then it was the Lugosi Dracula, and it was pretty good. But goodness, that's how many years spanned there? I should be WOW!'d when I open the box at this point. I'm debating on keeping Bossk now, even though I've only one or two payments left. I am glad I held off on the other hunters though, perhaps Hot Toys will dip into them.

After I returned V2 of IG-88, and got my full refund of $215, I was lucky enough to find a V1 Exclusive on eBay for $250 with free shipping. If you ask me it was well worth the extra money. As many of you have pointed out V1 is by far much better than V2.
Two down, four to go!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2215.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2215.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 259
  • fullsizeoutput_2216.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2216.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 257
  • fullsizeoutput_2217.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2217.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 257
  • fullsizeoutput_2218.jpg